Diablo® III

A true effective DPS test(CM Wiz vs WD)

I may be off base here so I apologize if so since I don't know nearly as much about WD as I do about the Wizard. That said CM is not technically guaranteed though it can reduce the CD on TP>Worm Hole for the purpose of traveling. However, in practice with the right gearing it is essentially infinite teleporting across entire maps unless there are no mobs along the way. Is WD not similar in this respect? Sounds like it is if I read what you are saying and take into account Dan seems to think they are one of the fastest travelers. He generally knows what he is talking about in my experience!

We can reduce Cooldowns to 0 with Grave Injustice. However, every 1s reduction means killing 1 mob within our PU radius.

So yes as long as we keep killing we can keep reducing CDs, but realistically its not possible to maintain forever. If theres lots of mobs you can SH->Chicken to reset CDs but if you dont find mobs in 10s you will end up waiting normally for your cooldown to reset.

Its also only practical on low MP levels as you kill far slower at higher ones.
Reply Quote
Let me rephrase. The highest EXP/hr is achieved by WD on this very forum, which is 80mil exp/hr. The fastest barb falls short siginificantly, if there isn't newest development that I am unaware of, it is capped at 70mil/hr for barb.

Yes, you are correct in that aspect.

I didnt say anything about EXP though. We are up that high with EXP because of GI/GF more than anything, and big radius AOE skills to 1 shot things.

I also dont know if people playing other classes have focused as much as Chuck has to get max exp / hr.
Reply Quote
To be honest you were nit picking technicality.

And sprint has no CD hence it can have 100% uptime? completely false. Sprint spends a lot of fury and if you don't run into mobs fast enough there is no way to keep sprint up. (this paragraph is used as a example of nit picking technicality) Also there is a risk to wear off WoTb which has a 2mins CD which will completely ruin the run considering the runs need to be constantly under 10mins to achieve max result.

So in the most strict sense, who can keep running the fastest isn't what we implied in the whole context. "running the map at max speed not caring about getting exp/loot" isn't going to be anyone's goal.

The only real way to measure "run/kill speed" is exp/hr
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 11/16/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
late to the thread but do u guys mind if i summarize

barb is op because he can infinite sprint/while doing dps as long as he has targets
wd can get max xp/hr
wiz is op cause he can freeze everything
dh is op cause of nuke abilities, and high movespeed without cooldowns?
not discussed but monks can have huge crits like the dhs

doesnt that sorta say each class has one op build setup
whats lacking is build diversity in each class?
Reply Quote
To be honest you were nit picking technicality.

And sprint has no CD hence it can have 100% uptime? completely false. Sprint spends a lot of fury and if you don't run into mobs fast enough there is no way to keep sprint up. (this paragraph is used as a example of nit picking technicality) Also there is a risk to wear off WoTb which has a 2mins CD which will completely ruin the run considering the runs need to be constantly under 10mins to achieve max result.

So in the most strict sense, who can keep running the fastest isn't what we implied in the whole context. "running the map at max speed not caring about getting exp/loot" isn't going to be anyone's goal.

The only real way to measure "run/kill speed" is exp/hr

I agree with this. Running at maximum speed through everything is pointless because you miss out on alot of XP and potentially loot. It's better to burst run with jaunt+stalker+chicken when you actually need speed and then have it on CD during the killing, grab your loot, and jet.
Reply Quote
wiz needs to drop teleport for metors that's the ticket for big damage with shards and storm..
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Brahm
wiz needs to drop teleport for metors that's the ticket for big damage with shards and storm..

true but then we give up what little farming speed we have and also remove our ability to reposition against nasty affixes
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 06:00 PMPosted by SteelPhantom

true but then we give up what little farming speed we have and also remove our ability to reposition against nasty affixes

The first part yah, the second part can be negated with gearing. I play mostly with cm wiz's it's the trend they appear to be all going to especially for high mp where farming speed isn't really a concern.
Reply Quote
yeah in high mp meteor is where its at
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]