Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

and even this morning ..

Yesterday I absolutely noticed the drop in monster damage. I was loving it.

I did 20+ key runs yesterday, and I didnt have a pet die the entire time.

I was totally creaming the monsters in mp6 all day like butter.

This morning I noticed I was having more trouble.

However, and hour and a half ago I log back in and discover that I can barely do mp6 anymore.

Yesteray, I was annoyed by reflect damage, but I never worried about it. Sometimes I would stop bears for a second and cast toads because it didnt hurt as bad, but that's about it. I certainly never ran from them, lol.

Today, I am doing everything I can to avoid reflect damage because after casting a couple bears and I am DEAD, lights out. YEsterday I could easily spam most of a mana pool worth of bears before I said ok thats enough for a second.

Also, as I mentioned, my pets are dying today, and they werent yesterday. YEs, this simply cannot be ignored. My pets are dying all the time now, when yesterday they were practically invincible.

Before the MP damage reduction hotfix on the 23rd, I was doin MUCH BETTER than I am now.

I know its wierd, and I know it sounds like BS, but its true. EVery word of what I have said is true.

I have no clue why. I am hoping I am not alone in this.

Everything hurts way more than it should. period.
I noticed this also, i think something in the lats patch went all the otrher way arround, and they buffed the dmg in stead of decreasing it.
My pets weren't dying in ACT 7, now on act 5 they get slaughtered.
I am also, get close to one shot in mp5 now, where before i did not used to move AT ALL from anything, being a wd tank spec.
omg thankyou for posting that .. i feel like im not friggin crazy now. :D

and yes i am also tank spec .. especially when i put on one of my shields tho.

even with this setup i have gone out of my way to have a lot of dodge armor and resist as you see ..

it is no longer paying off.

i was doing ok before the 23rd .. yesterday i was doing awesome .. today i am struggling.
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/25/2012 1:04 PM PDT
omg thankyou for posting that .. i feel like im not friggin crazy now. :D

and yes i am also tank spec .. especially when i put on one of my shields tho.

even with this setup i have gone out of my way to have a lot of dodge armor and resist as you see ..

it is no longer paying off.

i was doing ok before the 23rd .. yesterday i was doing awesome .. today i am struggling.

Indeed the damage went up quite a bit, even more than before the hotfix, i think something went wrong when they applied the patch.
My issue is now that my pets are dying even before the cooldown is up, so i am left with kiting...
They did not used to die, especially in mp7, now on mp5-6 i can BARELY keep them alive, i run most of the time after health globes.
Since the dmg nerf was based around affixes dealing too much damage, could it be the affxies you are facing? Try to keep track, which should keep the tinfoil hats to a minimum.
10/25/2012 01:07 PMPosted by spheresword
Since the dmg nerf was based around affixes dealing too much damage, could it be the affxies you are facing?
10/25/2012 01:07 PMPosted by spheresword
Since the dmg nerf was based around affixes dealing too much damage, could it be the affxies you are facing? Try to keep track, which should keep the tinfoil hats to a minimum.

everything is hurting more.

this is not a tinfoil hat issue. im not convinced of some conspiracy here.

i am absolutely sure that the damage i am recieving is much higher today than yesterday.

its not even close.
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/25/2012 1:14 PM PDT

Yes, like Lord said, everything is hurting, melee , afixes, everything.
Cant be a coincidence, i can feel the damage as i am tank, i usually tank MP8-9 for my dh and wiz friend, especially ubers, and now my pets in SOLO play get slaughtered in mp6.
Strange indeed, i dont know what else to say.
edit: maybe when they applied the hotfix, something went wrong and in oposite direction?
Or is something related to wd only?
Edited by KopaKabana#2884 on 10/25/2012 1:17 PM PDT
You are not alone, and i am not going mad too.
It is also not tin foiled thinking.

For those who truly tank, they could sense and see the difference. ( please don't make comment that this is not the "right" way to play. Everyone has their own preferred ways of playing the game )

I did made a comment on this issue recently, and got replies which didn't seem to answer the question.

Damages had indeed gone up.

It is not the affix. Arcane, as a stand alone is damaging more.

Fire damages have seriously gone up and putting serious numbers.

Ninja buff and nerf again? I suppose? It has happened before.
And seriously, no, it has nothing to do with the affix you are facing.

For that is not the question here. It is NOT what kind of affix or the combination one is facing.

The concern here is, damages have gone up.

I could do mp3 with ease, and today, i died before i could even react, for the damage done to my monk is way unexpected.

Same affix combination, same monsters, different day. Different speed of life draining down.

Guess some of us, A )is having too much weeds, or B ) we seriously found a issue here.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/25/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Had a friend of mine call me this morning to complain about this and I thought he was just being stupid. Monk who's been farming MP7 comfortable since 1.0.5 was released. He had to drop it down to MP6 and is still dying quite a bit.
Thx for posting guys. The more people participate in this discussion the more likely blizz will realize that something did indeed change today.

I for one am just thankful that I am not alone in this.
10/25/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Diabloxk
Had a friend of mine call me this morning to complain about this and I thought he was just being stupid. Monk who's been farming MP7 comfortable since 1.0.5 was released. He had to drop it down to MP6 and is still dying quite a bit.

The plot thicken.
10/25/2012 01:15 PMPosted by KopaKabana

Yes, like Lord said, everything is hurting, melee , afixes, everything.
Cant be a coincidence, i can feel the damage as i am tank, i usually tank MP8-9 for my dh and wiz friend, especially ubers, and now my pets in SOLO play get slaughtered in mp6.
Strange indeed, i dont know what else to say.
edit: maybe when they applied the hotfix, something went wrong and in oposite direction?
Or is something related to wd only?

i dont think anything went wrong in the opposite direction with the hotfix. do you mean to say that maybe too much dmg reduction was applied? cause no. it felt like exactly what they said they were doing. turing mp 7 into what mp 5 used to be monster damage wise is just about what it felt like to me.
@Lordspanky

Just be prepared to endure a torrid time of flames from naysayers.

Nothing, and i really mean NOTHING register in their mind about observations and discussions.

To them, if they didn't come across it, it mean it did not exist. If they do come across it, it mean everyone else that say no, are wrong.

On a personal level, I think Blizzard did a ninja buff again

( A community manager will firmly deny ( which they will ) or address the issue seriously by seriously feedback to the the top, with the top seriously look into the problem, or just be open and announce their intentions to the public. They are designers of the game, they have every rights to do any adjustments. However, it is a polite practice to inform your consumers about the changes as well. Any changes to the entertainments that the consumers are spending time and money to be engaged with are important to the consumers.

Personally i would really like to know what changes are done to the enjoyment i am enjoying with. Otherwise how can i be enjoying? mmmmmmmmmm )

There is no issues with that, however, what about when they had already pulled our defense down, claiming that they had pulled down monster damages as well in the name of " balancing the game "?

Tin foiled or not, all observations need to be feedback to make the game better. Unless the intention of improvements is never in mind.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/25/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Next week it's going to be Blizz nerfed the drops.
yep same here i felt like they rolled back the mp damage nerf
Yup noticed it immediately when touched by arcane beam. Yesterday to today is a big jump in damage.
something is amiss

usually me and two monks do ubers on MP7, so today we tried MP10 (supposedly same dmg as MP7 before), but Siegebreaker reflected more damage than he ought to.
On MP7 those two monk healed nearly instantly after they got hit, today they complained they didn't leech as much as before - those green heal numbers didn't change, so it's damage-reflect beeing stronger.

We never tried between dmg nerf and hotfix though

on a personal note: arcane does way more dmg today than yesterday, but I could be wearing a tin foil hat, because thats not as nicely testable as dmg-reflect on a 500mil HP mob.
Edited by Buchsbaum#2465 on 10/25/2012 2:15 PM PDT
if they did something i just wish they would acknowledge it.

1. it was a mistake, in which case they dont realize it yet and they will say so and fix the problem. I have a hard time believing that slipped by them tho.

2. they did a "ninja nerf/buff" and if they havent acknowledged its existence yet, they most likely will not. that is unless they change their minds.

so far there arent enough complaints about it by a long shot. so they may decide to keep things the way they are if in fact they did this intentionally. this could be an undeclared test to see what we actually notice without being told first.

sorry to turn this into a tinfoil hat issue guys, but dutchmilk is making some sense.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]