Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Elemental damage is way off the charts....I was totally getting hammered by those stupid flying birds in ACT III with their fire balls....They were hitting even harder in groups....

If blizz increased it, fine, but at least tell us....so we can adjust.

Evil is afoot....EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elemental damage is way off the charts....I was totally getting hammered by those stupid flying birds in ACT III with their fire balls....They were hitting even harder in groups....

If blizz increased it, fine, but at least tell us....so we can adjust.

Evil is afoot....EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, I had to check my gear twice to make sure I did not swap something out when I was messing with specs the day before. I had the same gear and a lot of trouble that I did not have before, I have also not gotten a legendary set item in 3 days. This is not normal.
Noticed this as well and posted a thread about it right away, got flamed by the first 3 posters as 'crazy'.

It's especially apparent in lower MPs. For example MP4 seems to be maybe at best 10% less damage than MP7?!

Something is definately off with the damage compared to last week.

I think they just forgot last week to apply elemental damage yet again and they ninja'd it back in and hoped no one would notice!

My tin foil hat has a justice label written on it.
Tinfoil Hat.
Yeah as I said before... noticed the more damage incoming... never had a problem with reflect damage till now to which I boosted my LoH to compensate... Last night ran a bunch of Ubers with my group and we used to pwn MP5 and were considering MP7 a few days... last night we were dieing left and right on MP5.. Maghda with her invisi attack, Ghoms poison was off the charts, Kulles roof fall and Siege power hit... we were able to do it.. but it was no where near as easy as it was right at 1.05 release... so its funny... they said things were to powerful (and they weren't) they nerfed damage down and made it easy... then they stealth super buff???? WTH Blizz..
Too much players saying the same thing.

They changed it after Thursday's maintenance 'patch' (hmm patch for 3 bug changes ok sure) pretty obvious.
Sorry folks, but I don't notice any difference at all. And yes, I played plenty today. I've played every day since 1.05. I certainly noticed the damage decrease a couple days ago (which they announced). As far as I'm concerned, it's still that way. In fact, I wouldn't have guessed a single thing has changed until I looked here on the forums.

This seems like nothing more than a case of massive confirmation bias. Yes, something seems strong when you have a huge pack of people backing it up. But it's not unheard of for fiction to be so well backed by a large throng of people. Note things like corroborating stories of alien abductions (they tend to discuss things together, and amongst all the talk, obviously similarities in stories will arise, and they use those similarities to strengthen their claims). It seems nice that so many people, without having met before, can share similar independent stories of alien abductions, but that doesn't make it anything other than claims not backed up by anything besides anecdotal evidence.

People tend to want to think that they cannot be faulted for their failures. This leads to a lot of selective perception, which means they're not objectively processing the picture as a whole, but rather, taking the bits that help confirm what they already want to believe. And when they see others on the forums doing the same thing, it strengthens their conviction.
and even this morning ..

Yesterday I absolutely noticed the drop in monster damage. I was loving it.

I did 20+ key runs yesterday, and I didnt have a pet die the entire time.

I was totally creaming the monsters in mp6 all day like butter.

This morning I noticed I was having more trouble.

However, and hour and a half ago I log back in and discover that I can barely do mp6 anymore.

Yesteray, I was annoyed by reflect damage, but I never worried about it. Sometimes I would stop bears for a second and cast toads because it didnt hurt as bad, but that's about it. I certainly never ran from them, lol.

Today, I am doing everything I can to avoid reflect damage because after casting a couple bears and I am DEAD, lights out. YEsterday I could easily spam most of a mana pool worth of bears before I said ok thats enough for a second.

Also, as I mentioned, my pets are dying today, and they werent yesterday. YEs, this simply cannot be ignored. My pets are dying all the time now, when yesterday they were practically invincible.

Before the MP damage reduction hotfix on the 23rd, I was doin MUCH BETTER than I am now.

I know its wierd, and I know it sounds like BS, but its true. EVery word of what I have said is true.

I have no clue why. I am hoping I am not alone in this.

Everything hurts way more than it should. period.

Wtf that sux.
I don't have a WD so can't help. But I do feel that Barbs' passive Superstition (reduce elemental damages by 20%) isn't really working either but hard to tell.
Sorry folks, but I don't notice any difference at all. And yes, I played plenty today. I've played every day since 1.05. I certainly noticed the damage decrease a couple days ago (which they announced). As far as I'm concerned, it's still that way. In fact, I wouldn't have guessed a single thing has changed until I looked here on the forums.

This seems like nothing more than a case of massive confirmation bias. Yes, something seems strong when you have a huge pack of people backing it up. But it's not unheard of for fiction to be so well backed by a large throng of people. Note things like corroborating stories of alien abductions (they tend to discuss things together, and amongst all the talk, obviously similarities in stories will arise, and they use those similarities to strengthen their claims). It seems nice that so many people, without having met before, can share similar independent stories of alien abductions, but that doesn't make it anything other than claims not backed up by anything besides anecdotal evidence.

People tend to want to think that they cannot be faulted for their failures. This leads to a lot of selective perception, which means they're not objectively processing the picture as a whole, but rather, taking the bits that help confirm what they already want to believe. And when they see others on the forums doing the same thing, it strengthens their conviction.

I do not fail. Did everything the same as everyday before and something is not right. I was getting one shot by some of the ubers in a LOWER MP LEVEL than I have normally done numerous times. I will admit when I fail and this was no different than any other day except I was dying where i did not die before.

This is a game I don't care if I die, I would just like to know what exactly has changed from the day before so I can:

a. change the way I play, or re-gear to make up for more damage.
b. Play a lower MP level so I am not wasting my time.

I hope they upped damage again, it was to easy after the MP damage nerf. I just want to know if they did for sure.
To be honest I havent seen any increase in the monsters doing damage. If anything the opposite in my experience. The key warden on Act 3 was the hardest keywarden of all with that cold meteorite drop thing he does. a coupel days ago it quite often killed me in one. I played him today, he barely dented me so as far as im concerned he has been completely nerfed. Apart from that I dont really see any difference in any of the mobs playing on MP5 and 6.
90 Tauren Druid
to tune the damage, we need to download 7mb update?seems legit..
AH never put seller's name because ?
this game never have combat log because ?

- something happen in the background that player shouldn't have know that it happen..
i thought maybe i was just tired or something...but i was playing on MP2 for about 3 hours late last night and was getting rick rolled in act 3

I realize my monk isn't amazing but MP2?!?!??!? yeah those stupid flying demons that shoot fireballs were whooping my !@# all of the sudden...i was playing MP5 on wednesday dying this much, so i dropped down to MP4..but last night i was just playing MP2 to get a few more runs in before i went to sleep...seemed weird but again i was pretty tired and figured i just wasn't on my game
So I had to revisit this thread and still swim upstream saying there was no ninja hotfix change to damages.

Mp5 still giving me loots without much struggle to survive. Only reason I haven't raised mp level is the increase in TTK.
10/26/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Leviathan
To be honest I havent seen any increase in the monsters doing damage. If anything the opposite in my experience. The key warden on Act 3 was the hardest keywarden of all with that cold meteorite drop thing he does. a coupel days ago it quite often killed me in one. I played him today, he barely dented me so as far as im concerned he has been completely nerfed. Apart from that I dont really see any difference in any of the mobs playing on MP5 and 6.

•The following changes have been made to Xah'rith the Keywarden: •He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix •The damage dealt by a number of his abilities has been reduced •The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced •His size has been slightly reduced

From the Oct 23 patch notes, he was massivly nerfed.
I agree I couldn't barely survive yesterday compared to previously, I have not played today yet
Honestly I think most of you are just undergeared and playing in too high of MP settings.

My monk cruises through MP7 act 3 and I'm feeling NO more damage then I was yesterday. I can stand in 2x dessecrate with a plague pool underneath my feet and still outheal the damage output.

Undergeared players jumping on a bandwagon because they're getting tossed in high MP? +1

Blizz ninja buffing mobs for no reason? -1
Demand the blue response!

I confirmed the damage from mobs changed.

Previously, my DH take 31000 damage from those MANIACS before hotfix!
Now, one shot kill my 36000hp!

I tested numerous times to balance my hp vs those MANIACS since 1.0.4 and 1.0.5. to not die in one shot.

They must have changed it!
Sinxar
View profile
10/26/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Dutchmilk
However, oddly there is a higher percentage of the responses coming from the Monk class?

Feels the same to me. Still standing in 3 stacked pools of desecration tanking reflect mobs in mp 5 with garbage gear.

It is good to know that there is still others, especially a Monk player, is not experiencing unusual experiences with damages.

However, my statement refer to the numbers of players whom play the monk class posting having experience the posted issue.

Not all monk classes are having that issue.
Ive noticed something strange too, after the supposed 25 % reduction i didnt feel any particular change at all wich i found odd ( you would think a 25 % would be really noticeable), even worse after a couple of days i was feeling mobs were doing 10-20 % more damage than before.

Im usually accurate in my apreciation on this kind of things, and im not sure what could be the problem, its certainly not just related to elites afixxes since i noticed inconsistency of dmg on the normal mobs on first place.

All in all is still manageable to me and this wont affect my progress, but it feels very odd and i wish this could be checked just to be sure.

Btw, im a monk and i noticed these damage spikes on act 2 and 3 , act 1 seemed to me the same as always
Edited by Colt#2370 on 10/26/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Honestly I think most of you are just undergeared and playing in too high of MP settings.

My monk cruises through MP7 act 3 and I'm feeling NO more damage then I was yesterday. I can stand in 2x dessecrate with a plague pool underneath my feet and still outheal the damage output.

Undergeared players jumping on a bandwagon because they're getting tossed in high MP? +1
Blizz ninja buffing mobs for no reason? -1

Im undergeared LOL
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]