Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

10/26/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Ruprect
To be honest I havent seen any increase in the monsters doing damage. If anything the opposite in my experience. The key warden on Act 3 was the hardest keywarden of all with that cold meteorite drop thing he does. a coupel days ago it quite often killed me in one. I played him today, he barely dented me so as far as im concerned he has been completely nerfed. Apart from that I dont really see any difference in any of the mobs playing on MP5 and 6.

•The following changes have been made to Xah'rith the Keywarden: •He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix •The damage dealt by a number of his abilities has been reduced •The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced •His size has been slightly reduced

From the Oct 23 patch notes, he was massivly nerfed.

Ah thanks you. That explains that then :)
Damn i must be doing something wrong. I am still highly efficient in +2 mp levels compared to the original MP5 f rom 1.05 (not a). Shrug...in fact my spin to win barb is even more efficient and my CM wiz absolutely destroys now. Guess i'll put on my tinfoil hat.
before the damage decrease i was doing mp4-5s normaly after decrease i was doing 6-7 normally after patch back down to 4-5
Yes there is something different. Was doing Mp6-7 on my Wiz just fine now struggling with Mp5-6 due to desecrator, poison, fire chains and other elemental dmgs. Its obvi they fckd it up somehow.
I appreciate the hell out of you guys all doing your part by confirming this issue.

Lets keep the thread as free of any insults or stuff like that as possible, tho.

We want blizz to notice this thread for all the right reasons. :)

This thread is open to all opinions.

morning guys
I have been doing mp 5 since the release of 1.05....It has without a doubt changed....It is harder now then before the 25% nerf!!! Long as I had my archon beem hitting something, my life steal and blood magic would counter pretty much any damage, (other than reflect, I'd slowly lose vita) this morning I am having to kite even the spear chuckers....
Bottle
View profile
Sorry folks, but I don't notice any difference at all. And yes, I played plenty today. I've played every day since 1.05. I certainly noticed the damage decrease a couple days ago (which they announced). As far as I'm concerned, it's still that way. In fact, I wouldn't have guessed a single thing has changed until I looked here on the forums.

This seems like nothing more than a case of massive confirmation bias. Yes, something seems strong when you have a huge pack of people backing it up. But it's not unheard of for fiction to be so well backed by a large throng of people. Note things like corroborating stories of alien abductions (they tend to discuss things together, and amongst all the talk, obviously similarities in stories will arise, and they use those similarities to strengthen their claims). It seems nice that so many people, without having met before, can share similar independent stories of alien abductions, but that doesn't make it anything other than claims not backed up by anything besides anecdotal evidence.

People tend to want to think that they cannot be faulted for their failures. This leads to a lot of selective perception, which means they're not objectively processing the picture as a whole, but rather, taking the bits that help confirm what they already want to believe. And when they see others on the forums doing the same thing, it strengthens their conviction

First of all, Mr Bottle, your choice of word, bias, is bias itself and it reflect on your own assessment of others whom had a different experience as you did.

It does not make you wrong or right if you had or have not experience the discussed issue.
Everyone is unique to his or her experiences.

Second, what do you mean they cannot be faulted for their failures? What kind of failures are you referring to? Are you meekly suggesting that for those who experienced differently from you, failed in their parts as they are not good enough in term of game playing skills to play with the game and progress? What form of data do you possesses that gave you access to make such judgment?

The patch 1.05, clearly wrote that monster damages have tweak gone down. Yet there is report / posts of different experiences. Is it not why Blizzard had the forum for? To have a community to feedback any observation and improve the game?

Third, It is indeed a discussion of selective perception. No one claim that is indeed a bug, a intention change or does it exist all together.

It is just a gamer posting what he experience and observed, while asking if there is anyone else beside him, are having the same encounter.

Fourth, without besides anecdotal evidence,( with your words ) there is no means or ways to confirm or dismiss regarding the discussed topic.

For those who are experiencing this issue, are giving their feedback and seeking a solution for a data explanation, verbal explanation from Blizzard, or someone kind enough to prove any evidences to confirm or dismiss the possible of damage increase.

I rather think this is a pretty good way of solving a issue.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/27/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Honestly I think most of you are just undergeared and playing in too high of MP settings.

My monk cruises through MP7 act 3 and I'm feeling NO more damage then I was yesterday. I can stand in 2x dessecrate with a plague pool underneath my feet and still outheal the damage output.

Undergeared players jumping on a bandwagon because they're getting tossed in high MP? +1
Blizz ninja buffing mobs for no reason? -1

Im undergeared LOL

Hell no you are not.......
10/26/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Vikesfan353
I have been doing mp 5 since the release of 1.05....It has without a doubt changed....It is harder now then before the 25% nerf!!! Long as I had my archon beem hitting something, my life steal and blood magic would counter pretty much any damage, (other than reflect, I'd slowly lose vita) this morning I am having to kite even the spear chuckers....

I normally play as a tank 100% of the time vs all comers. Even if something does give me a scare I just throw on a shield I keep in my inventory and that takes care of that. However, since yesterday I have been reduced to kiting sometimes, especially RD packs. I even go so far as to try and get away from them all together now. I can no longer use bears on them, which makes me resort to kiting with rain of toads which takes oh so long and is fraught with close calls and occasionally deaths. Yes RD hurt before, but as i said, I could use most of my mana before I had to stop and heal or use ROT.
Honestly I think most of you are just undergeared and playing in too high of MP settings.

My monk cruises through MP7 act 3 and I'm feeling NO more damage then I was yesterday. I can stand in 2x dessecrate with a plague pool underneath my feet and still outheal the damage output.

Undergeared players jumping on a bandwagon because they're getting tossed in high MP? +1

Blizz ninja buffing mobs for no reason? -1

I think you did not read through the posts. There are some players whom clearly wrote that they were doing the same level before with ease, and now experiencing some unexpected results which they had never experience before.

Some said they were doing monster power 3 with ease and now has to go down to monster power 1 or 0.

Does monster power 3 belong to your termed " high mp " ?
View profile
If you are taking more damage than you are suppose to giving the level of MP. Which means that somehow the hot fix actually buffed the damage of the mobs instead of nerfing it like they said. I would say tell Blizz about it in the bug section of the forums. Let them know about how much more damage you are taking. Then they can look at your report in the forums and check it against their data mining. When they see the difference then they can make a hot fix for the hot fix. I know it sounds weird.
@Ruprect

at a dps of 100697, i do not know how some could claim this post is just a bunch of under-gears noobs....

@ShadowAegis

I already made a post on the bug report forum.

However I lack the ability and knowledge, to test and present a well enough data presentation to Blizzard for their attention.

I think there are people out there who could
I used to be able to tank in 3 desecrates on mp5 with my life on hit. Now I can barely do one. Molten is also smoking me, when before it wasn't bad. Even on mp0 molten hurts, more so than I remember before 1.05, and my gear is way better now >.>
@Ruprect

at a dps of 100697, i do not know how some could claim this post is just a bunch of under-gears noobs....

@ShadowAegis

I already made a post on the bug report forum.

However I lack the ability and knowledge, to test and present a well enough data presentation to Blizzard for their attention.

I think there are people out there who could

Don't worry about opposing opinions, imo :P

Let them say what ever they want. I am confident about what I have experienced and so are a lot of other people.

Btw, I dont think it matters how well you are geared in this case, so long as you at least meet some basic standards. This is because we are talking about an observational change that is relative to each player. Being geared one way or another does not really benefit or diminish your ability notice a change in damage output by the monsters, so long as you are NOT playing far above or below your appropriate MP level.
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/26/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Yeah, I noticed it too at the lower difficulties. When I was speed-farming in MP4, I was being one-shotted by molten, which previously I could take a hit. It's not a huge change, but definitely noticeable. I'm still able to do MP5-7, it's just a bit harder with my current stats.
I agree...after monster nerf I was able to easily do MP7. However, yesterday after the maintenance where a few files were downloaded and D3 update, MP7 is way tougher than before. I still can do it, but I can feel the pinch.

Also, I feel the lag has become a lot. I mean a lot lot!!!
Btw, I dont think it matters how well you are geared in this case, so long as you at least meet some basic standards. This is because we are talking about an observational change that is relative to each player. Being geared one way or another does not really benefit or diminish your ability notice a change in damage output by the monsters, so long as you are NOT playing far above or below your appropriate MP level.

Which is the focus of your intended post. Relative observational.

Interesting to find out there are people who are experiencing similar situation.
Sorry but I have my damage numbers enabled so I can see incoming damage I'm taking, there has been zero change in those numbers since the hotfix.

Please just stop with this garbage or bring actual proof rather than "I could run MP7 the other day now I can't even do MP2" That proves nothing other than you are having a bad day.
Ive noticed something strange too, after the supposed 25 % reduction i didnt feel any particular change at all wich i found odd ( you would think a 25 % would be really noticeable), even worse after a couple of days i was feeling mobs were doing 10-20 % more damage than before.

Im usually accurate in my apreciation on this kind of things, and im not sure what could be the problem, its certainly not just related to elites afixxes since i noticed inconsistency of dmg on the normal mobs on first place.

Strangest thing is that the damage increase are very noticeable on lower Mp levels ( I tested 1 to 3), i never recall MP 1 monsters even in huge packs forcing me to step back for an emergency healing on act 3.

All in all is still manageable to me and this wont affect my progress, but it feels very odd and i wish this could be checked just to be sure.

Btw, im a monk and i noticed these damage spikes on act 2 and 3 , act 1 seemed to me the same as before the hotfix reduction ( or with some reduction applied)

I think this is more than just a bad day, blizzard has made mistakes implementating fixes in the past , this could be a case now and theres many players experiencing something odd to ignore
Edited by Colt#2370 on 10/26/2012 8:05 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]