Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Sorry but I have my damage numbers enabled so I can see incoming damage I'm taking, there has been zero change in those numbers since the hotfix.

Please just stop with this garbage or bring actual proof rather than "I could run MP7 the other day now I can't even do MP2" That proves nothing other than you are having a bad day

Don't quite understand how you deem this as garbage? -1 for your poor choice of words. Didn't think anyone is proving anything beside sharing their experiences and desire to have a explanation to it.

but +5 for being the first who claim to have a form of visual data evidence.
Blues.... Response? Anyone?
Just wanted to add that I've stayed at the same MP level through every patch/hotfix.....

MP5 1.0.5 = Challenge

MP5 1.0.5 Oct 23 "Nerf" = easier but still fun

MP5 1.0.5a = Over the top elemental damage

You know...I primarily played with 3 people last night...I'll have to play more solo tonight and see....
Sorry but I have my damage numbers enabled so I can see incoming damage I'm taking, there has been zero change in those numbers since the hotfix.

Please just stop with this garbage or bring actual proof rather than "I could run MP7 the other day now I can't even do MP2" That proves nothing other than you are having a bad day.

As an experienced DH who most likely avoids the vast majority of incoming damage, I'm guessing you didn't get too many chances to observe those damage numbers during that brief 24 hour period.

That being said, exactly what kind of memory based sample size of incoming damage are you using to determine that this thread is garbage and that we are all wrong?
I think there's a pretty big misconception in all of this.. I'm finding not regular mob damage is increased but elemental damage is back in spades. (The regular damage is fine, elemental is insane.)

You can look at my profile and tell me my AR is too low (currently it is but it was enough before 1.0.5a, and I've also swapped back for my full IK set with much more AR and am still getting pretty positive results on elemental being out of control again.
Edited by iatethem#1370 on 10/26/2012 8:19 AM PDT
just to update my previous post, it seems it is back to normal now, I just did mp3 and then mp5 and survived as did the rest of my party, not sure if they did anything, but it is a far cry from what i was doing yesterday, ans that was dieing constantly in mp2..so for now, i feel it is back to normal! :)
TinFoil
I dont see a difference in damage from the monster attacks. It's mostly from affixes. It feels like my resists are simply being ignored by monster affixes.

I actually feel poison damage damage from the pools on the ground. It's been months since I've felt poison damage.
I've toned MP down from 6 to 5. Been noticing more damage too.
I think there's a pretty big misconception in all of this.. I'm finding not regular mob damage is increased but elemental damage is back in spades. (The regular damage is fine, elemental is insane.)

You can look at my profile and tell me my AR is too low (currently it is but it was enough before 1.0.5a, and I've also swapped back for my full IK set with much more AR and am still getting pretty positive results on elemental being out of control again.

Honestly, I feel that all damage has changed, and not just elemental. Even melee hits from fallen minions feels more painful.

However, that is not to say that you are wrong. You may be right. I haven't played since yesterday late afternoon so I really need to play again and pay closer attention to where the damage is coming from to determine if this may be the case.

Btw, do whites ever have elemental damage?

Also, I have very high resists, as you can see. I can do nothing more to mitigate elemental damage for my wd, other than use a shield permanently.
I was wondering the same thing myself.
10/26/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Brawl
Why would Blizzard nerf something, note it to the public then proceed to rebuff it without telling anyone? Are you people that stupid?

Lacking imagination isn't really a license to call everyone stupid.

Patches get applied and bugs happen, Meh.

I find that the game is plenty RNG enough to explain the phenomenon being experienced in this thread.

What you call lacking imagination, I call keeping my idiotic tinfoil hat off my head. Nothing has changed. The red numbers I see popping up over my head are the same red numbers I've seen since they lowered mp damage.
10/26/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Yura

I find that the game is plenty RNG enough to explain the phenomenon being experienced in this thread.

What you call lacking imagination, I call keeping my idiotic tinfoil hat off my head. Nothing has changed. The red numbers I see popping up over my head are the same red numbers I've seen since they lowered mp damage.

Your eyes are decieving you. Use the force.
The damage has been changed and the drop rates too. Was getting great drops, now nothing. Was able to tank ubers on mp 7 without alot of trouble, now i must do a bit of kiting. Something has went haywire somewhere. Im thinking of re-downloading the client see if maybe there is a bug somewhere that will get fixed that way.
they certainly are doing more damage especially fire damage (fire chains/molten/desecrate) regardless of my high all resist and regardless of mp level (no mp level to 5)

ninja'd

Yes, fire damage right now is insanely high. I thought it was just me getting slaughtered by molten and fire chains.

This patch that supposedly nerfed the damage truly seems to have done exactly the opposite.
@Yura

The discussed experiences, are NOT experienced by everyone.

It is still a mean to seek for a way to explain their personal experiences with the game.
You may or may not have the same experiences to those who had.

You are not wrong or right. So are the others whom different from your personal assessment of the game experience.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 8:45 AM PDT
10/26/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Yura

This whole conversation I quoted just shows how some Blizz superfans will never be able to admit that Blizz could make a mistake, no matter how many mistakes they have already admitted to making.
Drewbotski... I am also amazed by all the posters claiming there are no changes seriously i have gone down from mp6-7 to mp3 for keyfarm... before patch i even did mp10 with my CM wizzard now i cant even do mp3 without getting killed all the time...

I really just cant take those naysayers serious... so tired of blizzfreaks trolling posts defending all obvious blizzard mistakes even blizzard themself admit the mistakes time after time...
I play a barb, and I noticed this too. I made a post about it the day after the hotfix, but it was disregarded. After further playing, I think I narrowed my observations down. It's monster affixes that are killing me quicker, not actual monster damage. It's things like molten, fire chains, electricity, reflect, etc that are melting my barb. Pre hotfix, I ran Mp5 with no issues. Now on mp5 I die a lot.

I think something definitely went awry.

p.s. as others have said, I also feel drop rates were ninja nerfed too. Pre hotfix, legendaries were popping up everywhere, where I was easily averaging two or three per hour. Since the hot fix, I have only found an additional two legendaries in like 12 hours of play.... RNG is RNG, but that seems too coincidental for me to believe.
Edited by firebug#1374 on 10/26/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Been farming MP5 all week and there has been no change at all. Taking as much damage and getting legendaries at a steady pace.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]