Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

it's clearly a bug. and if you can't notice the spike in damage then that is ridiculous. i could sustain MP8 easily before hotfix, but now can die often in MP3
I just don't like "secret" buff or nerf which goes under and catch me by surprise. My heart can't take it. haha

There are other issues with it as well, HC people are getting jacked up bad on this patch with the Act3 Key Warden, reflect DMG, and now this.

When you lose a toon that you have slowly and carefully leveled to 60(5) due to this stuff it goes beyond frustration.
10/26/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Prology
When you lose a toon that you have slowly and carefully leveled to 60(5) due to this stuff it goes beyond frustration.

I know, especially you build it with love and pains.

I had hardcore characters in Diablo II before. I know the feeling.
yeah im getting pretty pissed how blizz keeps handing you a puppy and its realy peewee herman in a dog suit, hot fix the game asap!!!! i want my mindless slaughter game back its sad when i rather scrub my toilet then play the game wile its broken
Edited by domdom#1316 on 10/26/2012 10:49 AM PDT
@domdom

I hope your toilet is sparky white and clean by now. If not it will be sooner. I don't think Blizzard will response at all, even if the OP or anyone decide to extend the thread two or three times.

:(
I really want to see a Blizz response about this. One way or the other, stop hiding and come out and tell us what is up.

Another anecdote:

Prior to 1.05a, I was farming MP4 consistently, maybe dying once or twice per run. After the "hotfix", the damage I was experiencing at MP4 is seen here, taken directly from these very forums:

MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)

This ought to mean I should be able to handle the damage dished out in MP6, correct?
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
Only a difference of 4%.

Well, I started doing MP6 and was dying far, far more than I ever died in MP4. I tuned it down to MP5, which has the following damage:
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)

MP5 in 1.05a is 158% damage, which is less than MP4 was when 1.05 was initially released (169%). 11% damage less, should mean I basically never die now, correct? Well, I died more than ever before. So I tuned ot back to MP4, which is 144% damage (down from 169%). This is literally 25% less damage than I was taking when 1.05 initially was released (remember, I would only die 2 times at most during a run on MP4).

Now, since 1.05a, I consider myself lucky if an elite DOESN'T kill me on MP4. The damage scaling is absoultely not lower. It cannot be. My personal experience with it absolutely contradicts what Blizzard has told us.

Please, Blizzard, respond. Tell us that you accidentally increased damage by 25% rather than decreasing it by 25%. Tell us that the change never actually went through, and you'll put it through asap. Tell us anything, but at least respond.

Please. I feel like many people are just barely hanging on to playing this game, and when you come out and tell us are characters are effectively getting a buff (by lowering MP damage), and we all experience the exact opposite, it is completely disheartening.

No. Perhaps you're not playing in the MP levels that were affected or something. Not sure; but there has been a change. Not experiencing it may have something to do with various abilities or passives you're using. Perhaps things weren't changed on certain levels.

But a change has happened. Not noticing it doesn't discount that it has occurred given the differences in specs/classes/MPs played. It hasn't been determined to be completely global. Just that there is something.

Or, this is some type of Placebo effect.

I think you can stop trolling now, we all saw that you are awesome....
I really want to see a Blizz response about this. One way or the other, stop hiding and come out and tell us what is up.

Seriously...Here is a 15 page post about a possible bug, and no response from Blizz...They are obviously seeing these posts....
My point is, I have incomming damage numbers enabled, they have not changed on MP3 since the damage nerf, they were still reading exactly the same as before the hotfix from basic melee damage to elemental damage. That is what I'm basing it off of, not deaths etc.

Going by anything but those red numbers is mere speculation as far as I'm concerned since that is the only accurate way to make any comparisons. You can't just say "I died 8 more times than normal on MP6 so damage is buffed" there could be a large variety of things that could cause those extra deaths, namingly human error more than anything.

The numbers did indeed, had not change. However the speed of the damages might got faster? I notice the speed of the red numbers are ticking faster, at least on my end it did.

One person dying more than usual, might come to human error and everything else. Two person having the same issues might be a coincidence. Three might be a bit telling.

The numbers of people having a similar experiences might actually be highlighting a possible bug. ( Of course the forum do not represent the 10 millions players, however the numbers of people actually having a similar issue is a bit to those who did not. )

Okay that is a fair point about speed of the ticks, that I had not looked at. Good catch.

At the end of the day, if they buffed it, big deal, just adapt like we do every patch that changes stuff. People will soon be back to the MP levels they were farming on before and people would have forgotten all about this "ninja buff" stuff.
I was farming slowly on MP4 right after 1.0.5 came out. It was a little too slow for me since I'm overly tanky. So I dropped it down to MP3, and I'm comfortable running A3 siegebreaker runs there.

After they released the hotfix, I played on Tuesday night and figured I could play MP4. Funny thing is, it was still kicking my !@#, and yet it was 4% less damage than what MP3 was before the hotfix. (MP3 used to be 148%, MP4 was lowered to 144%).

I had to go back to MP3. MP3 still feels roughly the same, but I thought MP4 would get easier and I'd be able to handle it, but apparently not. Definitely doesn't feel like anything was nerfed.
Edited by Kahlan#1609 on 10/26/2012 11:05 AM PDT

Seriously...Here is a 15 page post about a possible bug, and no response from Blizz...They are obviously seeing these posts....

Ofc they see them, another thing is to get them to post... getting slaughtered in mp4 atm, OMG
Pre-Patch: MP6.

After Patch: Mp8.

Yesterday: MP5

I haven't played since Tuesday (release of the hotfix) so maybe I haven't even seen the worst of it yet. I'll test it tonight.
Please. I feel like many people are just barely hanging on to playing this game, and when you come out and tell us are characters are effectively getting a buff (by lowering MP damage), and we all experience the exact opposite, it is completely disheartening.

You are a nice fellow. I would pretty much get more upset to be honest.

Lowering our classes defense on the name they had done it so for monsters damage as balance.

Why nerf player's defensive options in the first place? If you had the intention to raise the damages for the monsters in the first place?
Don't see it as any justification at all.

If it indeed do exist, and it is a bug. It would be nice of them to response and seriously fix it.

I would pick that they will deny and deny again and again, as before.
MP5 in 1.05a is 158% damage, which is less than MP4 was when 1.05 was initially released (169%). 11% damage less, should mean I basically never die now, correct? Well, I died more than ever before. So I tuned ot back to MP4, which is 144% damage (down from 169%). This is literally 25% less damage than I was taking when 1.05 initially was released (remember, I would only die 2 times at most during a run on MP4).

This is exactly what I felt like, except it happened day of the hotfix (Tuesday). And I was dealing with MP4 and MP3. After the hotfix, I figured I could handle MP4 since it was lowered to 144% damage, 4% lower than MP3 prior to the hotfix. Nope, I got rolled. Maybe the mobs staying a live for so long is what's making the difference? Monster damage is moot if the mob is dead, so the fact that the monster HP has gone unchanged is the main issue. Mob is alive longer to do damage ... I don't know, just trying to come up with an excuse to not sound like some crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.
Okay that is a fair point about speed of the ticks, that I had not looked at. Good catch.

At the end of the day, if they buffed it, big deal, just adapt like we do every patch that changes stuff. People will soon be back to the MP levels they were farming on before and people would have forgotten all about this "ninja buff" stuff.

Yeah, unless they just lost thier Hardcore Char. No biggie right.

Obituary nailed it. That is my experience as well. But they did nerf it for a day or so, it did go down for a little while before this spike.
After some testing yeah .. you guys are right .. its elemental damage that got changed. all enemy elemental damage as far as i can tell. the white poison bug babies seem to hurt more as well.

lol yeah .. thats about the sum of it.
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/26/2012 11:17 AM PDT

Yeah, unless they just lost thier Hardcore Char. No biggie right.

Obituary nailed it. That is my experience as well. But they did nerf it for a day or so, it did go down for a little while before this spike.

Hardcore players have legit complaints if this is true, SC players however do not since dying has absolutely no effect on our experience other than making a farming run that much longer.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]