Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

LordSpanky from NWN2/LOA?
Okay that is a fair point about speed of the ticks, that I had not looked at. Good catch.

At the end of the day, if they buffed it, big deal, just adapt like we do every patch that changes stuff. People will soon be back to the MP levels they were farming on before and people would have forgotten all about this "ninja buff" stuff.

Yeap, whole hearten agreeing with you. Big deal, deal with it.

However, if they did, and they did it intentionally. Personally, i would be really upset with their behaviour.

Grow a pair yea? Just announce what you going to do openly, stick with it and stop giving weak reasons for that changes.

I personally find " We lower the monsters damages in order to promote players to use different skills to have a different build and to balance the game, we are going to lower the defense of players as well. " seriously weak.

I always find the math they did for monk a bit troubling. They wrote in 1.05 patch they are going to nerf the monster damages for 20 to 25%.

They nerf the armor of the monk by 50%.

Monk is still taking more damages than before.

Instead of having a top class tanking, most top class monk are super high in dps.

What a way to promote diversity...

Why not just let the monsters remain the same, give us some buff skills, or new skills, new itemization, new game designs that aid the players? Like a mystic? or runes? or the chance to socket weapons?
lawl tinfoil hats
Still not seeing any difference in MP3-5.

Before 1.05, I could not do MP4 efficiently at all, and MP5 was basically pointless. After 1.05, I could efficiently run MP4 and slowly do MP5. After the hotfix, I can still do those two at the same efficiency.

It's highly possible that this is another snowball effect of the tin foil hat. I base that on the fact that it's happened about 48765659393764 times before in this forum.

Could it be a bug? Sure. It doesn't seem that way, though.

Maybe Blizz loves me so much they skipped the incoming damage buff for my account...?...! Yeah, that's probably it... o.O
Edited by Jason#1250 on 10/26/2012 11:18 AM PDT
@ anyone who expects or hopes a Blue to chime in...

Blizzard never posts in meaningful threads.

They are more than happy to post in "Diablo would make a good movie", or "do you use AH?" threads. But actually bring up an important bug/problem and they are NOWHERE to be seen.

Cowardly as hell and speaks volumes of this company.

Kinda like how Act4 speaks volumes about how much time was put (or how well the time was spent) into this game..
Edited by HolyPeanuts#1354 on 10/26/2012 11:19 AM PDT
10/26/2012 11:16 AMPosted by stRAnGEr
LordSpanky from NWN2/LOA?

lol yeah ..

i left that place pissed off after they screwed over my ember guard build ..

im also Lord_Spanky on d2jsp.org
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/26/2012 11:22 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock
Same here, yesterday i was soloing mp6 piece of cake, now i cant ;(

+1 to Jay Wilson troll ninja nerf OP
Blizzard never posts in meaningful threads.

They are more than happy to post in "Diablo would make a good movie", or "do you use AH?" threads. But actually bring up an important bug/problem and they are NOWHERE to be seen.

Gonna sound like a fanboy on this one, but this kind of behavior is expected and true for most companies. Blue's likely have to have editors overview their posts when posting on meaningful threads like this for PR reasons, where they are free to say whatever they want on "What's your favorite Act?" threads.
10/26/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Seige
lawl tinfoil hats

lawl scrub posting
Still not seeing any difference in MP3-5.

Before 1.05, I could not do MP4 efficiently at all, and MP5 was basically pointless. After 1.05, I could efficiently run MP4 and slowly do MP5. After the hotfix, I can still do those two at the same efficiency.

It's highly possible that this is another snowball effect of the tin foil hat. I base that on the fact that it's happened about 48765659393764 times before in this forum.

Could it be a bug? Sure. It doesn't seem that way, though.

Maybe Blizz loves me so much they skipped the incoming damage buff for my account...?...! Yeah, that's probably it... o.O

or maybe u need better troll skills, when there is a 16 page thread all of it saying the same, u think youre the fish to swim against the curents?
@Jason,

Are you confident that it does not exist or exist?

Are you confident that the reason this thread got snowballed because those who are having a similar issue, are sharing the same weed?

Are you confident that your characters might have different factors that does not allow you to not experience it?

[quote="70032605274"]48765659393764 times

This look awfully familiar.
Not the meaning of the sentence but the tone of it.

I think someone who said " !@#$ that loser " said a certain long numbers of possibilities about builds to promote a certain game as well.

He isn't the most popular guy right now.

Do keep your comment with feedback that is based on observation like TrippyHippy, at least he said he had a visual compare. He had his incoming damage ticked and shown in game.

What is your points for your reasoning?
Glad Im not crazy. I notice this against reflect big time and spike trap. I put it in the bug forum yesterday. I would hit gloom, lay down spike traps, then still blow myself up. It doesnt happen all the time, but it deffinately happened. Ill play some more and see if its with specific other affixes or something. I did 2 uber runs on mp7 and didnt notice anything there, but I saw it when off/on when I was key farming.
its all a big joke guys .. you go home now ..

i rallied up dozens of people to post in my thread about how they feel the damage has increased since yesterday ..

the jigs up ..

*sigh
Same with me, like 2 days ago (after the damage nerf hotfix) I was running MP5 pretty efficiently and was able to run it with Storm Armor, which i've never been able to do, and maybe 1 or 2 deaths the entire night (probably 2 hours). Got my third key and everything.

Last night I login and go right back in to MP5 with storm armor, encounter a champ pack right away, and literally get 2-3 shot and dead. Repeatedly. Was up to 15 sec respawn and had to change my armor back to prismatic to kill the pack, which was still difficult. Felt like the game reverted to before the damage nerf hotfix. Had to go back to MP3 because i'm a wizard and they nerfed our damage mitigation into the ground with 1.05.

Either Blizzard has a really buggy game, or they are nefarious about ninja buffing the damage again. This game is so annoying with how much they change the mechanics.

I had high hopes for PVP, but at this point it seems like that won't even be fun considering the way they've managed the game thus far.
Edited by Lukacko#1158 on 10/26/2012 11:30 AM PDT
So... I'm usually very dismissive of these things, but...

Yesterday I was trying to do a damage test on butcher. I was going to go to the checkpoint in MP0 and then then switch to MP10 for the test once I made it to him.

I nearly died several times just running through Act 1 MP0. Each random zombie or whatever seemed to take 1/4 of my health with a single hit.

Also, I absolutely destroyed myself a few times on some reflect damage groups, which is unusual. I don't have any hard numbers, unfortunately, but I did have an impression of higher damage last night (and I certainly can't blame confirmation bias because I did not expect anything to be higher).
So... I'm usually very dismissive of these things, but...

Yesterday I was trying to do a damage test on butcher. I was going to go to the checkpoint in MP0 and then then switch to MP10 for the test once I made it to him.

I nearly died several times just running through Act 1 MP0. Each random zombie or whatever seemed to take 1/4 of my health with a single hit.

Also, I absolutely destroyed myself a few times on some reflect damage groups, which is unusual. I don't have any hard numbers, unfortunately, but I did have an impression of higher damage last night (and I certainly can't blame confirmation bias because I did not expect anything to be higher).

I hardly ever pay attention to these types of claims myself ..

If i hadnt experienced it myself I wouldnt have even visited here yesterday ..

I was honestly surprised when I couldnt find a thread about it so I made one ..
its all a big joke guys .. you go home now ..

i rallied up dozens of people to post in my thread about how they feel the damage has increased since yesterday ..

the jigs up ..

*sigh

Ain't over till the fat mama sings. haha :)

Stick around, maybe they will reply to your post, OP.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 11:35 AM PDT
I'm getting some odd results here. I normally farm MP5 just due to speed and efficiency for me and I've always been mindful of the numbers. Here's what I've noticed:

1. Before the patch I would check things like the fireballs from the Fallen Prophets or Moloks (I farm Act III) and at most they'd do about 13-14k and the low end damage was around 9-10k. This was without any armor buffs other than the gear I currently have and the passives I'm currently using...no Enchantress, no shrines, no nothing. I also checked against the Tormented Stingers and they were doing around 14-15k high end and around 9-10k low end pre-patch. Now, they are doing 6-8k low end damage and about 11-13k high end damage, varying between each Stinger.

2. After the patch I'm seeing high end hits around 12-13k, but the low end hits are now down to about 6-7k. I've been playing now for the last 30 minutes and intentionally getting hit without any armor buffs from runed EF and no Guardian Turret Sentries dropped. Also running Scoundrel like I was before so no extra armor buffs.

Just my initial findings for now, although last night I did notice that Fire Chains in MP6 with my barb friend on Act IV (trying to get him the Infernal Machine plans) were doing a large amount of damage. I know damage goes up in Multiplayer games, but one MP level and one extra person shouldn't be making Fire Chains doing around 8-10k a hit (from what I could see). This is with his Impunity buff and even he with his WW spec was having difficulty staying alive. In single player on MP5 they seem to be hitting me for around 4-5k a tick, by the way, but I'll have to test more to make sure. For the record, we were fighting the mobs that sometimes ride on top of those armored charging demons and they throw purple/red 'Molotov Cocktails' at you, and furthermore for the record, here is his current profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Notorious-1111/hero/2003626

Also...noticed that shielding packs were having multiple mobs shielding at once when it should only be one at a time, and I'll have to check out the electric damage from the 'Electrified' affix. It seems right now to me that the individual electric pulses are doing a lot of damage, but I'll test that a bit more as I can.
Edited by Tanakeah#1220 on 10/26/2012 11:42 AM PDT
KobaKabana -

Like the ocean of threads where people swear loot is nerfed one day after a patch when it isn't?

---

Dutchmilk -

My reasoning is in my previous post. I'm not going to post ad nauseam.

I already said a bug is possible, but I never rally around fanatics, especially when I'm not experiencing anything remotely close to what is being suggested after numerous runs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]