Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

and even this morning ..

Yesterday I absolutely noticed the drop in monster damage. I was loving it.

I did 20+ key runs yesterday, and I didnt have a pet die the entire time.

I was totally creaming the monsters in mp6 all day like butter.

This morning I noticed I was having more trouble.

However, and hour and a half ago I log back in and discover that I can barely do mp6 anymore.

Yesteray, I was annoyed by reflect damage, but I never worried about it. Sometimes I would stop bears for a second and cast toads because it didnt hurt as bad, but that's about it. I certainly never ran from them, lol.

Today, I am doing everything I can to avoid reflect damage because after casting a couple bears and I am DEAD, lights out. YEsterday I could easily spam most of a mana pool worth of bears before I said ok thats enough for a second.

Also, as I mentioned, my pets are dying today, and they werent yesterday. YEs, this simply cannot be ignored. My pets are dying all the time now, when yesterday they were practically invincible.

Before the MP damage reduction hotfix on the 23rd, I was doin MUCH BETTER than I am now.

I know its wierd, and I know it sounds like BS, but its true. EVery word of what I have said is true.

I have no clue why. I am hoping I am not alone in this.

Everything hurts way more than it should. period.

You are not alone. Yesterday, it was Diablo 2. Today, it is Diablo 3. A huge difference, isn't it :)
*Fixed a bug with the Reflects Damage monster affix that caused it to generate errors and deal no damage when triggered by a pet*
10/26/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Lifeblood
*Fixed a bug with the Reflects Damage monster affix that caused it to generate errors and deal no damage when triggered by a pet*

Oh that explains everything, especially why I'm seeing increased damage on my barb when I run solo.
10/26/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Lifeblood

This isnt a RD thread.

I am well aware of that bug fix. I was long before I posted here. It is not relevant, though it seems to be.
10/26/2012 11:16 AMPosted by stRAnGEr
LordSpanky from NWN2/LOA?

Again .. yes this is me.

I left LoA because they nerfed my ember guard build terribly, and for no good reason as far as I could see. They just don't like shifters on their server plain and simple.

I am also Lord_Spanky on d2jsp.org

Who are you on LoA ??

Not one of the mean people I hope .. :P
Dutchmilk -

My reasoning is in my previous post. I'm not going to post ad nauseam.

I already said a bug is possible, but I never rally around fanatics, especially when I'm not experiencing anything remotely close to what is being suggested after numerous runs.

Yes there is fanatics, I agreed with you. like the fallen manic, self implosion at any given moment.

I often agree with good reasoning.

My previous post did mention about the possible chance that it might exist, it might not, it might be also intentional or accidental.

Some of us are not experience it as well. Some of us are.

Just don't like the fact that someone could confidently say that it exist or it does not, or it is intentional or not.

Wish there is someone who could seriously post a good solid data proof of what is discussed here.
I was running MP7. Now I'm having trouble on MP4-5. Hell sometimes even deaths happen on MP1-3 now. There's fire pit things in A3 keep. They never did any real damage to me before. Funny thing is they one-shot both my friend and I.
Check back 1 or 2 pages, I summarized my findings very accurately and should satisfy your questions.
Did a little more testing in Act III. Arcane Sentries are hitting me for about 7,000 damage a tick without any defensive buffs in my current gear. This is about 1-2k more than what they were hitting me before before the patch hit when they'd tick for around 5,000 damage. As far as anything else...desecration patches seem to be draining my health less than they were before the patch, though that's with limited testing and obviously I'll be checking for more as I continue to play.
10/26/2012 11:55 AMPosted by obituary
Oh that explains everything, especially why I'm seeing increased damage on my barb when I run solo.

WHAT? WW barbs take damage now??? I can feel the community sympathizing with you and your OP, skill-free, fun void build.
10/26/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Sephiroth

WHAT? WW barbs take damage now??? I can feel the community sympathizing with you and your OP, skill-free, fun void build.

First off, it does require skill to play ww, despite what you might think. Secondly, I've changed builds 3 times and found other builds are even worse right now, with the increased damage we're taking. Leave specific builds out of this and be constructive, don't just call people out to be a jacka$$.
I appreciate the hell out of you guys all doing your part by confirming this issue.

Lets keep the thread as free of any insults or stuff like that as possible, tho.

We want blizz to notice this thread for all the right reasons. :)

This thread is open to all opinions.

Let's treat each other decent and respect each others opinions, ok ??
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 10/26/2012 12:10 PM PDT
proverbial last straw........................ fix it blue
10/26/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Tanakeah
Did a little more testing in Act III. Arcane Sentries are hitting me for about 7,000 damage a tick without any defensive buffs in my current gear. This is about 1-2k more than what they were hitting me before before the patch hit when they'd tick for around 5,000 damage. As far as anything else...desecration patches seem to be draining my health less than they were before the patch, though that's with limited testing and obviously I'll be checking for more as I continue to play.

Please do come back with more testings. Your method might be a good indication for us to start where to look at as well, to do our own research and testing.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 12:19 PM PDT
10/26/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Sephiroth

You seem kinda mad bro.
I appreciate the hell out of you guys all doing your part by confirming this issue.

Lets keep the thread as free of any insults or stuff like that as possible, tho.

Decent? Decency are seriously in short supply lately...sadly but true.
10/26/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Tanakeah

I respect and understand the need for employing scientific method in such matters.

I am a biology major with a partial masters in environmental science.

However, observation is the beginning of all matters in science.

Also, in this matter I think observation may be more important at this point than science.

People can sometimes let their minds play tricks on them, or can be influenced by suggestion. I get that. However, the observations being made by people are similar enough over all to carry significant weight.

Unfortunately, we can not go back in time to acquire data on what the monsters were outputting on the 24th.
Playing on MP2. I have 1009 resistance and one track of Molten destroys me in seconds :/

Decent? Decency are seriously in short supply lately...sadly but true.

Sometimes you gotta be the bigger person. I tend to ignore inflammatory posts, but not always. I'm certainly no saint.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]