Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

10/26/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Executor
Can we get a Blue post about this topic!!!!

I'm a BLue and I agree with OP.
However, I'm kind of disabled as I mainly play a monk... in hardcore only.
10/26/2012 02:22 PMPosted by cyclism
I'm sorry, but don't see any difference at all. Just as one of the patches noted, dogs reflect correctly now as before they weren't at all. Please, quit nerfing this game, public games are a joke now.

@Cyclism
What MP level are you playing with 30K DPS?
You may not notice it at MP0
Dunno, 1.05 was going great, was enjoying mp0-4 and finding a decent item every day or so.

Played all last night after 1.05a came out. For starters couldn't even make a game with MP activated, the option was not even there. Judging by the sheer number of level 50+ paragon players in (and the fact there were people in) public games, I wasn't the only one having the issue. Once that was fixed I went into a few MP3 games, unfortunately I was getting my butt kicked hard. Kept dying randomly in areas and to monsters that usually don't provide any issues.

Did two full act 3 clears, one with mp2 and one with mp3. Got a total of zero set/key/legendary items. Not one of the of the yellow items were even close to good. All lacked + damage % or had 1 out of the 3 or 4 needed stats to be useful. All class specific items spawned with a different class primary stat. Only 2 or 3 of the weapons/helms spawned with a socket. Out of the 10 boots that dropped, NONE spawned with +run speed % (seriously, this should be almost a given on boots...).

Its almost like they accidentally reverted to a bunch of code before 1.05, because the 1.05a I played last night / this morning felt like I was playing the game they gave us at launch. Sure put the tin foil hat on me, fine. All I can say is that I was (for the first time since I took a character to level 60) enjoying and having fun with the game, 1.05 was a good patch... Played 5 hours lasts night under 1.05a, I was not having fun at all...
I posted this on the Barb section and it didnt get much attention. Basically I have to skip reflect mobs now!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004690757

Melee Damage, Range Damage, Effects Damage and Reflect Damage all seem out of thwack :)

Working as intended.....God this is haunting....

I got nothing against Reflect but I think it is broke right now... Your main attack (Mine is Bash) should not kill you on reflect. Hammer Smash where I can spam crits of 1 and 2 million per hit; now that should kill me and they do haha.

I know you are not against reflective damages. You are not the first who think reflective is broken. However the focus in this thread, is about the general damages in all forms from monsters.

Has it been increased? Or has it not?

Tanakeah is currently running some testing on his own.

He had earlier posted some observation with elemental damages, physical damages, life steals and some noticing issues with demon hunters.

There might be some clues with what he noted so far.

Perhaps it could lead to some answer why reflective damages is killing players off as well.

Might be some accidental bug or codes not working as what it should be.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 2:43 PM PDT
What you call lacking imagination, I call keeping my idiotic tinfoil hat off my head. Nothing has changed. The red numbers I see popping up over my head are the same red numbers I've seen since they lowered mp damage.

This whole conversation I quoted just shows how some Blizz superfans will never be able to admit that Blizz could make a mistake, no matter how many mistakes they have already admitted to making.

Oh, I have no problem calling out Blizzard on a mistake. But, I have seen a ton of these threads, all speculative, about increased damage after a hotfix. They have always been wrong and from what I see, this thread is no exception.

Beside personal experiences with threads that you came across.

What else could you offer to back up your reasoning?

The purpose of this thread has nothing to do with speculative. It is about a possible issue that might be real or not, which was discussed among players who had similar situation and trying to find a solution or an answer from the developers.

Those who disagreed, have provided their own reasoning and in game observation.

While your comments are respected. Do not be so harsh and fast to term a right or wrong on in a thread that does not confirm it's debate.

Are you able to provide a backing with data to provide that this thread is indeed wrong?
I could tell you are a intelligence person as well as confident, for you are quick in your judgment and assessment.

Perhaps you could kindly show others your takes on this puzzling issue.

This is a thread seeking for explanation.

Your explanation is highly valued.
It is obvious to me that the hotfix they applied may have unintentionally changed something not intended. Maybe it accidentally reversed the monster power reduction applied during the previous patch.

I have no proof other than the fact that I can no longer play the MP level I could easily play after the monster damage reduction. I had to return almost to the level I played before the monster damage reduction patch.

It is unlikely that so many players are imagining this.

We might be getting the same supplies of sinful enjoyment from the same supplier.
That might explain something.

:X
Whatever is going on is rediculous
Yesteray, I was annoyed by reflect damage, but I never worried about it. Sometimes I would stop bears for a second and cast toads because it didnt hurt as bad, but that's about it. I certainly never ran from them, lol.

10/26/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Dutchmilk
I know you are not against reflective damages. You are not the first who think reflective is broken. However the focus in this thread, is about the general damages in all forms from monsters.

I thought it went hand in hand with this bug. The author of this thread does mention it in the #1 post :)
Posted by Dutchmilk

I thought it went hand in hand with this bug. The author of this thread does mention it in the #1 post :)

I apologize if there is any misunderstanding of me clarifying the thread for you. I do not mean to overwrite you, if it ever appeared so to you.

Just need to keep this thread as singular as possible to make ( however impossible it maybe ) for Blizzard to reply.

If they do, it would have a good chance to address reflective damages issues as well. There are quite a numbers of posts on the issue of reflective damages.

Personally I see a possible of combination of problems ( if the bugs / changes did exist ) that might amount to both concerns regarding damages and reflective damages.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 3:06 PM PDT
You guys wanted a blue response.......lol.....the typical response from them would be:"We have checked the ongoing damage of the monsters as per request and no abnormality had been observed after the patch."

After which, some of you guys will be threatening them with rage-quitting, etc...the cycle continues.........

To those op barbs/DH in this thread who had been farming MP 7 and above, you people got what you wanted (since the Tuesday patch), a monster boost to get rid of all the 'noobs' and undergeared, so please stop QQing and get some AR gears from AH now....

And if you people don't have enough gold (which I doubt), just dumped some of your CHC/CHD weapons for sale on AH at a discount.
You guys wanted a blue response.......lol.....the typical response from them would be:"We have checked the ongoing damage of the monsters as per request and no abnormality had been observed after the patch."

After which, some of you guys will be threatening them with rage-quitting, etc...the cycle continues.........

To those op barbs/DH in this thread who had been farming MP 7 and above, you people got what you wanted (since the Tuesday patch), a monster boost to get rid of all the 'noobs' and undergeared, so please stop QQing and get some AR gears from AH now....

And if you people don't have enough gold (which I doubt), just dumped some of your CHC/CHD weapons for sale on AH at a discount.

Yeah you are most likely right, that would certainly could happen. Blizzard giving their usual PR answers or they say nothing at all, but it does not mean people should stand for it, or they should not attempt to do any sort of feedback while expecting response from Blizzard by doing the legit way?

Aye? No?
For those of you who have zero idea of what I'm talking about and who I'm referring to, read this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334?page=21

And you will know who are the pros that are shouting for damage boost and QQing for the game to be harder........
they should not attempt to do any sort of feedback while expecting response from Blizzard by doing the legit way?

Aye? No?

Just telling you guys what to expect.........I saw the sh1t after patch 1.03 in which the elemental damage is sleath boost and people are eventually forced to accept the new changes.
just a note..i noticed a significant raise of difficulty after the tuesday patch.mp1 was doable before and on tuesday night it was bordering on hopeless.dont know about the bugfix cause im still doing mp0 act3 to survive.

since some are getting it and some dont its very wierd.

im a wizard btw
Witch Doctor here.

Saw this thread yesterday and expected to experience this "issue".

I Didn't noticed any more incoming damage, and in fact I bumped my monster power farming UP to about 5. This forum just seems to like to cry about everything solely to hear the sound of their fingers typing out their "complaints"
they should not attempt to do any sort of feedback while expecting response from Blizzard by doing the legit way?

Aye? No?

Just telling you guys what to expect.........I saw the sh1t after patch 1.03 in which the elemental damage is sleath boost and people are eventually forced to accept the new changes.

Yea, that sucks isn't it? Sneaky Blizzard.
The incident in 1.03 is quite bad, don't think consumers should stand for it again.

On a personal note, i cannot find a reason why they should do a stealth boost.

( IF there was a damage increase and they really did it intentionally )

Players ain't blind or numb to changes.

On a business end, i rather find this stealth practice rather silly. Achieve nothing but anger your own loyal customers.
since some are getting it and some dont its very wierd.

I think the ones that don't feel it as much are not in the MP4-7 range, but much lower where maybe it's less noticable.

But it could be people with ridiculous resist all do not feel it. Safe to say enough people did notice somthing. Maybe Blizzard realized they unintentionally nerfed our AR too much, and then just fixed the glitch.
Witch Doctor here.

I Didn't noticed any more incoming damage, and in fact I bumped my monster power farming UP to about 5. This forum just seems to like to cry about everything solely to hear the sound of their fingers typing out their "complaints"

Besides this dudes rudeness, he is the second WD that posted they did not notice it in the last 2 pages.

Maybe it does not effect that class.
Edited by Prology#1426 on 10/26/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Im a WD with good defenses.

I play at a level that I consider to be just right.

Not too hard, not too easy

It is possible the other WD play at a level too high or too low.

If you were ripping through them like tissue paper chances are you still are now.

Same goes for them ripping through you.

However, I have had to go down 2 mp as of yesterday, and even that is more difficult.

This especially goes for elites. They hurt more, period.

My dogs die way easier now as well.

Not trying to start a war here. If you say you dont notice it fine. I believe you.
Witch Doctor here.

Besides this dudes rudeness, he is the second WD that posted they did not notice it in the last 2 pages.

Maybe it does not effect that class

Actually there are a few Witch Doctor whom is experiencing similar experiences like OP.
Just odd isn't it? Some do, some don't.

As for resistance, I don't how high a ridiculous amount should be. I am on 1486 with a shield on and with my resistance based gears on.

I still get melted down like a marsh-mellow....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]