Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

I am done bringing up the issue.

There is nothing more to say, obviously.

Peace
I will admit that my WD friend has some trouble keeping up his dogs since yesterday, even with fierce loyalty + regen gear...

But I still feel like some people just like to complain. If the game gets harder = QQ. If the game gets easier = QQ.

You people just don't like change. (or the illusion of change)

If you are still able to run MP7 or 8, then honestly !@#$. I don't see a problem with that at all.
I noticed a bit of a jump in Arcane & Fire related affixes (and combo's thereof). It's good though. Things should hit hard. Makes for a stiffer challenge.
Is it possible Life steal/ Life on hit, got changed some how? which in effect makes it seem like we die alot more.

There could be a million reasons. Damage values vary. Some have rolls where the max damage is twice the minimum. Sometimes you had a buff/debuff. Sometimes you weren't at full life, even though you thought you were. Sometimes multiple molten explosions get superimposed to look like one. Etc.

If you tell me that you did a controlled experiment in both environments, wherein you made sure that all possible variable factors are identical, and did this many times for more statistical confidence against random damage variation, I will call you a liar.

Nope. I tried it at full health. Many times... it wasn't controlled experiment clearly.. but when you play enough you notice a difference is all I'm saying. Something has changed. I was rocking mp5 with ease. All of a sudden I am struggling as are others. Just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense that you're feeling a huge difference when plenty of people aren't. Unless you're implying that somewhere, Blizzard flagged your account or character so that you take more damage from everything than I do.

I've played steadily since 1.05 was released, and other than a minor damage drop from the hot-fix, noted no changes...
Edited by Howl#1292 on 10/26/2012 7:57 PM PDT
This topic makes my head hurt. Damage was nerfed.. not buffed. Also it's even worse when people claim blizz is lying for stupid reasons like "then they'll have to fix it".

Edit: There is a slight possibility that it is some kind of freak bug affecting random people and that it isn't just in many people's heads.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 10/26/2012 8:04 PM PDT

Nope. I tried it at full health. Many times... it wasn't controlled experiment clearly.. but when you play enough you notice a difference is all I'm saying. Something has changed. I was rocking mp5 with ease. All of a sudden I am struggling as are others. Just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense that you're feeling a huge difference when plenty of people aren't. Unless you're implying that somewhere, Blizzard flagged your account or character so that you take more damage from everything than I do.

I've played steadily since 1.05 was released, and other than a minor damage drop from the hot-fix, noted no changes...

Clearly you haven't read the first 24 pages of this thread :)
I felt this too, I have been doing MP5 with minimal issues since MP was an option. The past couple days noticeably easier and was going to bump up a level but my first game today on mp5 was epic fail, everything I ran into was kicking my !@#. ended that game and tried another.. same issue!
We need a combat log...
The issue that is being experienced is that some of you got hit for less dmg than they should have pre-dmg-fix. I checked the players who claim they now cant do mp6/7/8 anymore...they should have never been able to in the first place. Someone claimed to have tanked mp9 for his friends. I checked his profile. 4k armor and 50k hp. Just no. You shouldnt even be able to tank mp7 without trouble.

So while most of us experience reduced dmg from mobs now, some might have had a bug that caused mobs to deal less dmg. That bug is now gone with the dmg-reduce-fix, causing these players to overall get hit by more than before.

Thats actually a pretty logical comment and it's possibly true. But I will say, if it is then it'd be better for blizzard to state as much. Something like "BTW we fixed a bug where certain characters were getting too much damage reduction". I can't recall seeing that in the recent patch notes.
For myself, I have not noticed a increase in damage as others have eluded to. Hypothetically it could be the case that something changed elsewhere which has had an indirect affect, but I am not even sure of what change that could be.

Alas, like I mentioned already. I did not notice a change but that is the thing, most of what people complain in terms of experience do not carry weight at all. Also, people are easily sway and quick to jump onto a topic. For anyone who checks out the forums often, you would be aware of this. One person posts a topic, another person feels the same and posts another on same topic. Gets to the point where within a short period of time, you can have 4 or 5 threads regarding the same thing.

People are easily swayed by others and feel the need to explain that which is unknown. So, someone starts dying more often, or they take more damage, or something happens. They cannot rationalize it or figure out the cause, so they reach for something else (often enough, they blame blizzard). Just look at the claim of items being controlled, Ah controlling items, people's accounts being flagged, etc. When one starts being outlandish with their claims, many follow quite easily so fill in the void of the unknown.
I'm personally having an easier time.. Can farm mp5 alright now with the occasional death whereas I couldn't before.. Dogs stay up longer as well compared to before the damage hot fix.
also noticed this seems like dmg went up yesterday im set up as a cm tank and i can usually just sit and take all dmg (im only upto mp3) but definately noticed a increase in the damage i was taking
10/26/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Strongodds
Is it possible Life steal/ Life on hit, got changed some how? which in effect makes it seem like we die alot more.

If it is that, then it's not effecting Gloom because I'm getting enough life steal to stand on multiple molten stacks like normal.
Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334"]this post[/url]. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that our QA team can investigate.

Really? I am not doubting your word by any means but something has been changed. Is it possible that something else is broke and then in turn it breaks the damage?

As stated in one of their news posts the reason they decreased damage from MP is because some of the affixes were not scaling correctly with it. What most people in this thread are experiencing is probably that adjustment (which players aren't used to) even though damage has gone down (it's just dealt out differently).
monsters inflicted more damage than before. i've always have mp5 activated and was cruising pretty smoothly. today i died more than 3 times. something must've changed.
10/26/2012 08:31 PMPosted by shahru98
monsters inflicted more damage than before. i've always have mp5 activated and was cruising pretty smoothly. today i died more than 3 times. something must've changed.

Right. You're really not helping the case of people claiming this. You have not beat inferno, your characters can't even do act 3 mp0 without constantly dying and you come here claiming you do mp5?..
dude, im talking based on my hell experience. if hell have changed so much, then the effect on inferno should/would be WAY higher. get the logic? i'm just supporting the fact that something has gone wrong with the mp system. it has nothing to do with whichever difficulty or act that i'm currently doing.
Edited by shahru98#6890 on 10/26/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Do you play hardcore? No? Meh.
dude, im talking based on my hell experience. if hell have changed so much, then the effect on inferno should me WAY higher.

The mp system is completely different ouside inferno. Only the inferno variant got certain changes in the latest hotfix.

With that in mind I apologize.I assumed you were claiming to be doing mp5 in inferno.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 10/26/2012 8:50 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]