Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

i dont mind, we do assume sometimes :P

but i do believe, whatever blizzard was doing, they probably messed up with the whole mp system.
I play on EU , this is my hero:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KopaKabana-2884/hero/109245
I respect the Blizzard position on this, but let me go on it a bit forward, and say that not only i judge the incoming damage done onto me, but also onto my pets.
Trully, i was cruising before the 1.0.5a , dps-ing in solo game up to mp5 or taking mp7-8 ubers for my friend dh.I had no issues with it, i thout maybe is a bit "too" easy.
But once 1.0.5a hits, slowly but steady i noticed i take more dmg,my pets start to die in seconds , and had to drop to mp4.
I have no math proof to deploy, to back up my feeling, but i feel that i take way more damage. At leats 25% more.
Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334"]this post[/url]. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that our QA team can investigate.

Please see my post on page 22 CMs... Yes MP1-MP10 all seem to scale off the same invisible base damage... the imiginary 100% or base 1 value. What is disturbing is that this IS NOT MP 0. The base 1 (or just normal damage) is 45-50% higher than MP 0.

Explanation...
BaseDMG for MP1-10 = MP0*1.5
MP 0 compared to MP 1 is (MP0dmg*1.5*1.096=MP1dmg)
MP 0 compared to MP 5 is (MP0dmg*1.5*1.5194=MP5dmg)

Why is all damage being nearly doubled over MP0 before applying Monster Power???

If this is intentional and at the damage yall want then why not correct your MP chart to say hey... MP 1 damage is 1.64.... MP 5 damage is 2.28 ??

Im not complaining that its "too difficult"... MP lets me pick my difficulty level.. what Im complaining about is that your numbers don't add up which means either you messed up your math and we the community are pointing it out to you or that your nerfing the game without being up front and truthful about it.
Edited by Bishop120#1718 on 10/26/2012 8:59 PM PDT
10/26/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
So everyone is just making this up now? I never come and !@#$% on forums but there has been a change. I just started playing from 1.02 but blizzard just when I was starting to like this game again you go do your typical crap. When the next patch comes out I will just remember that last time and move on. Killed the game because of greed.

According to all of our tests, the damage values haven't changed. But, like I said, we're going to continue monitoring the issue and your posts over the weekend just in case there's something else affecting your experience.

I noticed the damage by monsters increased too. After the initial damage reduction, I could last awhile with Gloom on DH, but after latest patch, I was technically getting 1 or 2 shot from Elite even with Gloom on, and I die ALOT more now.

After the damage reduction patch, I could do MP6-7, but after the latest maint. I could barely do MP5 effectively.

None of my gears has changed, you don't suppose to tell me I suddenly sucked to have die a lot more than before?

Perhaps it is not the damage done by monster that is broken this time, but the damage reduction/in-take by players that are broken by the latest maint.?

It is not anything new that with every maint. you guys break something that might not have been a problem before. How can you deny the issue when so many players noticed the same thing, right after your maint.?

Are we all seriously stupid and retarded or it is the other way round? This is seriously getting old.
View profile
When will the conspiracies cease? If they said they tested it, I'd take their word over random complaints from what are likely biased people.

Thank for the confirmation, Blizzrd.

Love the game. Love 1.05. Awesomeness all around.
Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334"]this post[/url]. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that our QA team can investigate.

They have to have changed, something is wrong...if I have hours and hours of streaming running same MP and then fix goes in to ONLY reduce the damage I take but now I'm taking more and doing less...there is something wrong. Maybe it does have to do with LS or WD and pets but Barbs feel it to...so I am going to assume it is a mix of Ls/loh maybe something got messed up in that number for the gains.
I dont care what tests you have carried out....try playing the game.
When you log on one day and clear an act, then log on the next day and it suddenly becomes harder i.e take more damage then something has changed.
i want to know if you are going to fix it..or if not ill just log and wont play it .
Just like every other patch so far. Ill chalk it up as another failure and wait for the next patch. I will not turn down the MP level if like you said nothing has changed
Blizzard saying that nothing has changed is not just a tough pill to swallow, it is impossible to fit in my mouth.

Something either got messed up or was intentionally changed behind our backs.

Pets dying a few times per game now, when before they didn't die at all. I also have a growing fear of RD packs, when I previously paid them no mind at all. On my end the differences aren't simply noticable, they are profoundly so.
ok hold on..

is it possible, possible mind you...

blues..

i see posts from other blues talking about act 2..
and other such " i have not cleared inferno" blues posting ( they dont say they have not
but if you read the posts it seems they are NOT ready to do MP5-9 )

maybe, just maybe your internal testing was not on this MP lvl..

myself..
i only run MP2..i see 0 difference in dmg...

but again..
im only in MP2..

maybe its the higher MP levels that things start getting funky..

could it be while doin your testing, you ( the blues ) are not testing what MP lvls
people say are the problem cuz you do not have toons that can stay alive for more
then 30 sec in the higher lvls?

i only say this cuz most of the people i have seen post they see problems are in higher
MP levels....

i can understand you prob have some program that actualy shows you what is goin on
that we cant see...
but is it possible you are looking in the wrong spot...and might actualy have to
*poof* a few toons some godly gear to test higher MP lvls?
Edited by BigBudz#1340 on 10/26/2012 9:15 PM PDT
Yes there has definitely been a change. People saying otherwise either haven't been playing, or haven't been playing at a higher level. There is no 'delusion', didn't even know others were having the same problem until I came here.

I use to be able to run MP6 just fine when the patch hit. Today I was getting rocked hard. I had to go all the way down to MP4 to be able to do something that didn't result in 20 second res timers. I figured they must of reverted the patch after some issue, and came to check, and here I find this. Something has changed and they really need to fix it. Having to go down 2 MP levels when damage was LOWERED is not normal.
I actually find this info.....lower MP the 2-5 range seem to be where the damage taken is wrong and too much....but I do agree higher mp levels have been reduced I am doing MP8 ubers and can tell it has been reduced so it's something in the lower MP range that maybe isn't scaling down.
54 Dwarf Warrior
Something is really wrong with the damage done by monsters, even white mobs. Yesterday was ok, something happened today.
Did ubers on 6 and it was ez as usual.

Does some fire damage bypass fire res gear still?
Dunno why everyone feels this way, I haven't noticed anything and I play MP7 with no problems. I do a few key runs a day and didn't feel in anyway that I was taking more damage.
I just logged on AGAIN and went back to a more defensive build. Doing MP3 now whereas I was doing MP5+ easily when 1.05 was initially released.

There's no way that damage was NOT buffed. I am dying like a chump in MP3 right now. Something is not right. I don't care what Blizzard says.

Call me whatever kind of conspiracy theorist/tin-foil hat that you want, but I believe they've done this to get people to spend "just a few dollars" on the RMAH to upgrade their gear to be able to survive (where they were thriving the other day).

In fact, Mon-Tues, I did 3-4 Act 3, MP4 runs with the greatest of ease. I found 4 legendaries one run. I am dying left and right in MP3 right now, nothing else has changed. In fact, I have used a weapon that gives me greater survivability than I was using when 1.05 was first released.

SOMETHING has changed. I don't know what, but I wish they'd admit it.
Edited by obituary#1888 on 10/26/2012 9:36 PM PDT
I just logged on AGAIN and went back to a more defensive build. Doing MP3 now whereas I was doing MP5+ easily when 1.05 was initially released.

There's no way that damage was NOT buffed. I am dying like a chump in MP3 right now. Something is not right. I don't care what Blizzard says.

MP3 isnt bad .

I found MP5 even doable .

Does Reflect damage scale with MP as well because it seems to me that is what kills me most of the time .
Not sure what you guys may or may not be experiencing, but before the damage nerf I couldn't clear MP10, when the nerf hit I could clear MP10, and I still can with no noticeable damage changes.

Arcane and desecrater still hit like a truck and the going is slow with <100k dps unbuffed, but I haven't noticed anything as drastic as having to go more defensive, scale down 3 MP levels and die more than I was before. Feels the same to me, I didn't even know there was a hotfix or supposed ninja nerf so color me unbiased
I call BS. I was easily WHIPPING my way around YOUR game in MP3+ easily. Soloing an Inf Machine Uber (ghom+rak) on MP2 for giggles. Today, I die twice in MP2 Act 2.

No.

Something isn't right.
(edit: see below)
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/zip_dev/diablo310262012_1128edit.jpg

Whoops, forgot to add that I FAILED to encounter the keywarden in Act 2 Dahlgur Oasis.

And I can't even report it.
Edited by zip#1784 on 10/26/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Not sure what you guys may or may not be experiencing, but before the damage nerf I couldn't clear MP10, when the nerf hit I could clear MP10, and I still can with no noticeable damage changes.

Arcane and desecrater still hit like a truck and the going is slow with <100k dps unbuffed, but I haven't noticed anything as drastic as having to go more defensive, scale down 3 MP levels and die more than I was before. Feels the same to me, I didn't even know there was a hotfix or supposed ninja nerf so color me unbiased

Looks like there are many who think somethings changed, whereas there are many who have not had any issues. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of being more difficult. When going into fights, I know what i can and cannot fight and if I go in when I think it is too tough, I expect there to be a good chance of me dying.

In the end, we shall see. Blizzard wasn't conclusive against it. I do not think anything was made more difficult but only time will tell (if they do further testing).
I noticed this too. But I like it. By virtue of the name alone, Inferno was never meant to be the walk in the park that it is today; the MP system should be able to provide ample challenge for those who seek it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]