Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Looks like there are many who think somethings changed, whereas there are many who have not had any issues. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of being more difficult. When going into fights, I know what i can and cannot fight and if I go in when I think it is too tough, I expect there to be a good chance of me dying.

In the end, we shall see. Blizzard wasn't conclusive against it. I do not think anything was made more difficult but only time will tell (if they do further testing).

Yeah the blue post was good, not completely saying people are wrong/crazy for thinking it got harder but stood firm enough in the faith in their testing.

I'm with you though, if I had a perception that things were going to be more difficult I might have gotten suspicious even if I happened to die on a molten desecrator frozen arcane enchanted (got one of those today, fun stuff on high MP...) instead of just saying wow that's a crazy pack.
I don't think it has anything to do with MP levels. I've been leveling a barb and went from crushing everything without breaking a sweat to getting killed by white packs in Hell Act 2. Something is hinky since I've got some ridiculous gear off the AH. To be fair, I am progressing, but I never had this much trouble with the wiz on Hell with just the junk gear I found. Things are hitting like it's Inferno already.
ninja buff to monster dam by blizz.
blizz always sneaky like fat kids tryin to get your snicker bars.

stuff is definately hittin alot harder then it was before. i actually died more times today then since 1.05 released.
Happened to my monk as well, but frankly not all the time. Yesterday I encountered one pack of elite (Mp6) with pretty much just Fast and Reflect Dmg affix. I literally got 1 shotted. Every other packs within that game with reflect dmg would cause me trouble as well.
Right now when I am doing any other runs, seeing reflect dmg would worry me but it hardly happened again so still cruising through MP6 with ease. Still dont know why :(
Damage seems exactly the same to me.
They messed up. I am 100% sure.
Yesterday i could stand all day in Trashmobs and be fine. Today, after the hotfix, they (MP7) really REALLY hit hard. And i mean Elite-Hard. And dont talk about Molten, Desecrator and Sentry. I tested it and can confirm it. Even at MP0 my Monk gets fried in Molten and Desecrator etc. Which did NOT happen prior to this hotfix at MP0!
I can't believe a CM forwarded the message that nothing has changed and people still think it's been changed. Those tin foil hats sure do get awful tight...

These threads happen after just about every hotfix. I've seen it more than I care to. The OP and those agreeing with him/her have never been correct in their accusations. I think a night of poor play and their failure to recognize their poor play gives them the illusion that Blizzard MUST HAVE buffed monsters.

Nope. Go away now, please.
They messed up. I am 100% sure.
Yesterday i could stand all day in Trashmobs and be fine. Today, after the hotfix, they (MP7) really REALLY hit hard. And i mean Elite-Hard. And dont talk about Molten, Desecrator and Sentry. I tested it and can confirm it. Even at MP0 my Monk gets fried in Molten and Desecrator etc. Which did NOT happen prior to this hotfix at MP0!

When yesterday (did you play) since the hotfix was yesterday (this thread is from a day ago). So, I am a bit confused here.
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 10/26/2012 10:28 PM PDT
I can't believe a CM forwarded the message that nothing has changed and people still think it's been changed. Those tin foil hats sure do get awful tight...

These threads happen after just about every hotfix. I've seen it more than I care to. The OP and those agreeing with him/her have never been correct in their accusations. I think a night of poor play and their failure to recognize their poor play gives them the illusion that Blizzard MUST HAVE buffed monsters.

Yeahyeahyeah...
Typical Fanboy who believes everything, as long as its written in blue.
When Blizzard confirms (And they will. Wait and see.) this mistake/bug/glitch, you will look like a total Jackass. On the other hand...That might be because you are one...
Something happened after they patched the hotfix cause when the hot fix worked I was doing mp 10 slowly but i wasn't dying. Now MP 10 is a impossible Every little thing that does damage does way more than before 1.0.5a when the hotfix was active.
10/26/2012 10:30 PMPosted by KiaosZenthos
Something happened after they patched the hotfix cause when the hot fix worked I was doing mp 10 slowly but i wasn't dying. Now MP 10 is a impossible Every little thing that does damage does way more than before 1.0.5a when the hotfix was active.

So you are saying they hotfixed the game... and than some how hotfixed or patched the game without us realizing after the hotfix and that changed the damage?

Yeahyeahyeah...
Typical Fanboy who believes everything, as long as its written in blue.
When Blizzard confirms (And they will. Wait and see.) this mistake/bug/glitch, you will look like a total Jackass. On the other hand...That might be because you are one...

Clearly, because this being the 50th thread I've seen on this topic over the year I've been playing this game, it's bound to be correct. Surely, all of the other ones were right too, even though they were all proven incorrect. Right? I mean, can you prove otherwise? Surely you can.

I'm pretty sure since you included the asinine word "fanboy" in your post, you're the one looking like a jackass.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 10/26/2012 10:41 PM PDT
I noticed something different, couldn't put my finger on it until I saw this.

Damage did go up, wasted 3-4 hours doing a full clear of act 1 on mp3.

Searched every inch, every pot, killed every monster.

0 decent rares. 0 legendary, 0 fun

100% wasted time/effort.
I think MP6 and above monsters do more damage than before, I used to own MP6-8 before the patch, can even handle 3 packs in MP7 but now am having trouble with them plague molten + reflect packs in MP6. Just sayin'.

So you are saying they hotfixed the game... and than some how hotfixed or patched the game without us realizing after the hotfix and that changed the damage?

Ok let me explain

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695/Patch_105_Now_Available-10_16_2012
Patch 1.0.5 live MP 1-10 available (Blizz messed up the damage reduction here so)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_--_October_Updated_1023-10_23_2012
Bam "hotfix" ( Fighting these became easy Like super easy)

Then http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7681242/Patch_105a_Now_Live-10_25_2012
Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to fix some bugs. But infact it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

So in fact 1.0.5a is the reason we feel like were getting raped more often.
Edited by KiaosZenthos#1828 on 10/26/2012 10:48 PM PDT

Ok let me explain

Patch 1.0.5 live MP 1-10 available (Blizz messed up the damage reduction here so)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_--_October_Updated_1023-10_23_2012

Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to make the hot fix permanent . But infact it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

Inferno act 1, I went crazy gear with resist/armor.

Around 10k armor 1k resist 800ish base resist.

MP3 act 1.

The tree poisons were wrecking as if i was standing on pre-1.05 desc.

Huge chunks of ticks.

I said screw resistance after, impunity is useless for anything under 800 base resist. (nice skill diversity by making one worse than before)
Edited by ktbanh#1757 on 10/26/2012 10:48 PM PDT
I tried two more runs through the keeps in Act III tonight, this time keeping better notes on what happened.

MP4

keeps run 1
elites: 1
deaths: 5
- Molten, missle dampening, vortex, frozen
apparently died from molten, although I wasn't on the molten field.

reset, really bad latency

So run 1 my latency spiked up as soon as I went into keeps level 1. I died 5 times before killing the first pack. Missle dampening is a nasty affix, it more or less stops arcane hydra. It doesn't seem to affect arcane torrent so much, which is interesting. The only thing I'd point out here, is that on one of my deaths (the last one), my life ticked down while I wasn't, as best I could tell, standing in the fire from molten. I was near it, but it didn't appear that I was in it. I was frozen at the time.

keeps run 2
elites: 8
deaths: 8
1. fast, vampiric, frozen, teleport - EZ
2. knockback, frozen, reflects damage, extra health (died: 2), switched to weaker loh weapon
3. health link, fast, vortex, frozen - EZ
4. waller, frozen, health-link, teleporter - EZ
5. DEATH 3 - fallen maniacs, non-elite
6. mortar, teleport, fast, ? - EZ
7. Demonic tremor - killed me from halfway across screen
8. non elite, fallen maniac, killed me at range - died
9. mortar, waller, nightmarish, shielding - died
10. Demonic tremor - took away 1/2 my life from range (behind doorway)
11. frozen, mortar, arcane, teleport - took several hits from arcane and mortar, survived.
12. Desecrator, shielding, vortex, electrified - died due to latency on the champ.
13. Swift skull cleaver. Attacked me while I was tabbed out typing this. Didn't kill me.
14. icy quillback, non-elite - Latency super high

I exited and reset the game, and had decent latency, for the most part, in this run. (It got bad at the end, starting at #12 - at that point I logged.)

This run was really weird. On several of the deaths, I was killed seemingly out of range of the mob. Latency or something? On one pack I got absolutely owned by mortar. On several other packs, the elemental damage was really no big deal - I'd note that on #11 I took hits from both the mortar and arcane sentry - I was fine. While on #9, mortar just wiped me out.

Pack #2 was similar to a pack that killed me tuesday night.

I guess I'd have to characterize my experience as quite inconsistent. Packs like #11 would lead me to agree that the difficulty was the same as what I experienced immediately after the hotfix on tuesday. Had all my encounters gone like those (or the ones where lag was clearly the culprit), I'd have concluded "nothing had changed".

On the other hand, overall, I died - a lot, and I just did not experience that on Tuesday night. At times, blam, half my health was gone and it wasn't obvious what did it. (Perhaps much of this is lag or latency related though - at least a couple of the deaths my latency appeared to be fine, but I was killed by what appeared to be a close range attack that hit me at medium / long range?) It was just really a weird and inconsistent experience.
85 Night Elf Druid
There are a lot of different ideas here - which makes think it really is a perception thing.

But having said that, its my perception too - at least on the molten damage thing. I actually came on the forum to see if they had changed the behavior (like maybe it stacks now like the trail of cinders thingy demon hunters have). I am also getting beat up badly by arcane sentry, and I wasn't before. Maybe its a graphic thing, or maybe I suck worse than I already sucked. But my WD was almost unkillable before at the levels I play at (lots and lots of regen) and she has died a lot lately.

Its not fun, but the game isn't much fun - so maybe my love for the old D2 has just finally worn away enough for me to realize how much I hate CC I can't break, cooldowns on abilities I have to have, cool downs on health potions...waiting around for molten to explode so I can loot, waiting around for arcane sentries to move, waiting to damage because the reflect damage is so freaking strong....Maybe it wasn't the patch, maybe the game- though beautiful - just has too many things in it that get old.
View profile
Maybe it isn't a bug in the MP levels, but perhaps armor or some sort of defensive mechanism.
10/26/2012 10:42 PMPosted by KiaosZenthos

Ok let me explain

Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to fix some bugs. But infact it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

See, your comment did not reflect that at all. You stated that post hotfix, things went awry . Did not say anything of the hotfix being the cause (since you said post hotfix).

I will also fix your statement for you.

This was supposed to fix some bugs. But potentially in my opinion, it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

Now your post works better and hopefully you understand what went wrong with your earlier post.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]