I tried two more runs through the keeps in Act III tonight, this time keeping better notes on what happened.
keeps run 1
- Molten, missle dampening, vortex, frozen
apparently died from molten, although I wasn't on the molten field.
reset, really bad latency
So run 1 my latency spiked up as soon as I went into keeps level 1. I died 5 times before killing the first pack. Missle dampening is a nasty affix, it more or less stops arcane hydra. It doesn't seem to affect arcane torrent so much, which is interesting. The only thing I'd point out here, is that on one of my deaths (the last one), my life ticked down while I wasn't, as best I could tell, standing in the fire from molten. I was near it, but it didn't appear that I was in it. I was frozen at the time.
keeps run 2
1. fast, vampiric, frozen, teleport - EZ
2. knockback, frozen, reflects damage, extra health (died: 2), switched to weaker loh weapon
3. health link, fast, vortex, frozen - EZ
4. waller, frozen, health-link, teleporter - EZ
5. DEATH 3 - fallen maniacs, non-elite
6. mortar, teleport, fast, ? - EZ
7. Demonic tremor - killed me from halfway across screen
8. non elite, fallen maniac, killed me at range - died
9. mortar, waller, nightmarish, shielding - died
10. Demonic tremor - took away 1/2 my life from range (behind doorway)
11. frozen, mortar, arcane, teleport - took several hits from arcane and mortar, survived.
12. Desecrator, shielding, vortex, electrified - died due to latency on the champ.
13. Swift skull cleaver. Attacked me while I was tabbed out typing this. Didn't kill me.
14. icy quillback, non-elite - Latency super high
I exited and reset the game, and had decent latency, for the most part, in this run. (It got bad at the end, starting at #12 - at that point I logged.)
This run was really weird. On several of the deaths, I was killed seemingly out of range of the mob. Latency or something? On one pack I got absolutely owned by mortar. On several other packs, the elemental damage was really no big deal - I'd note that on #11 I took hits from both the mortar and arcane sentry - I was fine. While on #9, mortar just wiped me out.
Pack #2 was similar to a pack that killed me tuesday night.
I guess I'd have to characterize my experience as quite inconsistent. Packs like #11 would lead me to agree that the difficulty was the same as what I experienced immediately after the hotfix on tuesday. Had all my encounters gone like those (or the ones where lag was clearly the culprit), I'd have concluded "nothing had changed".
On the other hand, overall, I died - a lot, and I just did not experience that on Tuesday night. At times, blam, half my health was gone and it wasn't obvious what did it. (Perhaps much of this is lag or latency related though - at least a couple of the deaths my latency appeared to be fine, but I was killed by what appeared to be a close range attack that hit me at medium / long range?) It was just really a weird and inconsistent experience.