Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

I agree... damage seems to have gone up... I have NEVER had any issue with reflect damage because of my LoH and all of a sudden today I can 2 shot myself... seriously? Also noticed Arcanes Sentries doing about 1k more damage today than yesterday.. used to be around low 4kish range for me (on MP 4-5 which is where I farm)... now its mid 5K.

Also... anyone else notice fewer legendaries in the last 24 hours or is it my bad luck?
I agree... damage seems to have gone up... I have NEVER had any issue with reflect damage because of my LoH and all of a sudden today I can 2 shot myself... seriously? Also noticed Arcanes Sentries doing about 1k more damage today than yesterday.. used to be around low 4kish range for me (on MP 4-5 which is where I farm)... now its mid 5K.

Also... anyone else notice fewer legendaries in the last 24 hours or is it my bad luck?

Might be RNG / AH control / bad luck / too much drinking / magic find not high enough.

( Personally, i would go with bad luck )

Careful, aggressive nutcases might flame you hard. They do so whenever a person make a comment on drops with drops theories.

Might be RNG / AH control / bad luck / too much drinking / magic find not high enough.

( Personally, i would go with bad luck )

Careful, aggressive nutcases might flame you hard. They do so whenever a person make a comment on drops with drops theories.

I'm gonna go with bad luck, I got a legendary as soon as I started playing today, literally on one of the first white mobs I killed(it was in a group, not sure if it was actually the first or not)
Hmmm. I read this and immediately hoped on, and I don't really notice a difference at all. The arcane beams may be hitting a bit harder but that seems to be about it that i could see. Playing on MP 6

Legend drops are still good. Been playing on MP1 getting exp so when I tested this i bumped it back up to MP 6 and 10 min later i was sitting on 2 legends.
Edited by IplaythsNude#1133 on 10/25/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Hmmm. I read this and immediately hoped on, and I don't really notice a difference at all. The arcane beams may be hitting a bit harder but that seems to be about it that i could see. Playing on MP 6

Legend drops are still good. Been playing on MP1 getting exp so when I tested this i bumped it back up to MP 6 and 10 min later i was sitting on 2 legends.

Agreed drops are still good for legend.

Perhaps other classes or tanking styles players, notice the changes easier?
I don't believe thsi was intended, i want to believe they applied a patch that broked the affixes.
The damage is not "back up ", for me it seems is more even then before, it is higher then the PTR itself.
Maybe they applied a wrong patch,or some data that got corupted, i dunno, but what i do know is what i feel, the dmg is quite harsh atm.

Edit: confirmed, EU servers have the same issue, dealing with increased dmg from monsters abilities and affixes.
Edited by KopaKabana#2884 on 10/25/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Hmmm, this isn't dying, so I'll suggest something. We're gonna need hard data here. Please post your stats, and then take a screen shot of a mob whacking you. Don't do something stupid like arcane because it ticks too fast, just eat a fireball from a molok or something. Screen shot it, along with a post of your stats and gear. We'll have a damage taken, and defenses noted. Then we ask someone who hasn't noticed the damage boost to do the same thing. Normally we would compare damage from a screenshot last week, but we aren't that lucky.

The best we can test for is to note how much damage an attack takes, and compare it with someone who hasn't noticed a damage boost. There are formulas out there that state exactly how much mobs would deal, and how much you would take. This is pretty lame, test wise but it's the best I can think of.

PS Please, don't mention drop rates changing in this thread, it really damages the argument that damage has been changed.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i thought it was jjust me my monk sits at 800isj resist all and my armor keeps me at 73% dmg reduct with 54% dodge & 2.1k LoH/650Regen & i noticed since today i was geting owned couple days ago i was fine lol now it seems i'm either stuck going to play my wizrd or fall all way back to lower mp or mp0.

seems Dmg hot buffed big time & yet the notes dont menition it? lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't believe thsi was intended, i want to believe they applied a patch that broked the affixes.
The damage is not "back up ", for me it seems is more even then before, it is higher then the PTR itself.
Maybe they applied a wrong patch,or some data that got corupted, i dunno, but what i do know is what i feel, the dmg is quite harsh atm.

yeah fact i'm playing a full defense monk and was fine before today now i'm stuck runing for my life ... lol dam blizzard either stealth buffed or did manage to corrupt something wouldent be first time they accidently did this
Well if you guys notice more damage you should all make bug reports, or get a bug report thread for everyone to post on. Might have a better chance of getting noticed.
@KopaKabana

There were reports on elemental damages increasing on patch 1.03.

The blues response and said they will look into it.

No changes was ever made since. There was no more discussion with the issue as well.

I hope that is not the case this time round.
Hmmm, this isn't dying, so I'll suggest something. We're gonna need hard data here. Please post your stats, and then take a screen shot of a mob whacking you. Don't do something stupid like arcane because it ticks too fast, just eat a fireball from a molok or something. Screen shot it, along with a post of your stats and gear. We'll have a damage taken, and defenses noted. Then we ask someone who hasn't noticed the damage boost to do the same thing. Normally we would compare damage from a screenshot last week, but we aren't that lucky.

The best we can test for is to note how much damage an attack takes, and compare it with someone who hasn't noticed a damage boost. There are formulas out there that state exactly how much mobs would deal, and how much you would take. This is pretty lame, test wise but it's the best I can think of.

PS Please, don't mention drop rates changing in this thread, it really damages the argument that damage has been changed.

Hope someone could kindly do the following above. That would verify certain speculation and discussion with good data presentation.

It would really help a lot and shed lights into it.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/25/2012 4:10 PM PDT
I noticed way way more damage. Went to bed had nightmares. I hope they fixed it. Guess we will see. This is really disheartening unless it is fixed. :(
Ok, tested IN MP 0, MP0 is more dmg now then was before the 1.0.5 even, test for yourself.
I have 64k hp, a white monster deals 3 hits to me , or 4 and i am gone, something is really wrong here. Also hp is up again in mp 0
10/25/2012 02:05 PMPosted by BLACKKETYL
Next week it's going to be Blizz nerfed the drops.

i noticed this today
bump, can we get an official response??

After the damage nerf I jumped from MP4 to MP7 and now I die very quickly at MP5 with same gear/skills

what gives??
bump, can we get an official response??

After the damage nerf I jumped from MP4 to MP7 and now I die very quickly at MP5 with same gear/skills

what gives??

Blizz is punishing you for using a Helm of Command with no shield
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/12327a/taking_more_damage_in_105a/
I also having same problem. My monk KO frequently in Act 3 MP3 now as compared to before the maintenance. And because of this I spent 2.5mil gold to purchase the gear from AH and still can't barely make it in MP3=(
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]