Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

I'm playing MP3 right now (what I usually play on) and the damage is the same as usual.

I'm in no way saying that it is not more for all the other people posting, only that it is not "everyone" that is getting it.
Cognitive bias with a focus on confirmation and belief biases + Mob mentality = This thread

:)
I realized the same thing, my monk usually does Mp 9, today i could barely do MP 8 so i ended up doing MP 7...
Hey all!
I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334"]this post[/url]. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that our QA team can investigate.

Nothing against you personally Lylirra, but there IS a difference, and it is VERY noticeable.
I don't mind if I have to drop a couple MP levels now, but to say there has been no difference since the hotfix would be a blatant lie to me. I don't make a fuss on forums and after all the crap I have been through with D3 I still want to enjoy the game, but there is no way anyone can simply tell me there is no difference since the hotfix. They are either not paying attention or this really is affecting certain individuals.
Blizzard saying that nothing has changed is not just a tough pill to swallow, it is impossible to fit in my mouth.

Something either got messed up or was intentionally changed behind our backs.

Pets dying a few times per game now, when before they didn't die at all. I also have a growing fear of RD packs, when I previously paid them no mind at all. On my end the differences aren't simply noticable, they are profoundly so.

Yeah, I'm not going to just let this die now, something did change and its not even close to random or lag related.
The damage is not buffed man ,i have no idea WTF you fell .
Just for clarity. I was farming Act 1 MP4 when I noticed this difference. Butcher in particular stood out to me.
I dont know what happened yesterday, but we played some inferno mp5 with my buddies and all died a lot from Molten and fire damage. I played today MP5 again and everything is back to normal, same as 2 days ago.

I also encontered many 0,5 sec freezes when playing MP levels. I was like freeze, 10-15 sec normal gameplay, freeze and over again. It wasn't rubberbanding though, my character wasnt telepoerted back, but whole screen just froze. I played today and seems to have stopped for now.
still hard to believe. i was able to tank MP10, and now i have trouble on MP6 and wipe many many times especially by elemental damage from elites. maybe the "damage" seems correct, but something is definitely off. everyone im playing with is saying the same thing.

i think this is a case of blizzard panicking because they made the game too easy and then ninja buffing to ensure their auction house doesn't fall to the ground.

blizzard, do you guys even play your own game? you honestly don't see the difference? i call bull
oh yeah, and strangely, elites in MP1 completely wipe me out multiple times too. its just the elemental damage. earlier, i was able to stand in lazers without moving easily and didnt even use potions. now i run through 100 potions an hour.

i guess on the flip side its a bit more challenging/fun, but i seriously think blizzard ninja buffed this one to save face. its quite disconcerting to hear the BS
this still doesn't make sense to me. with patch 1.0.5 , not patch 1.0.5a,

i was soloing MP6, which apparently was at 220% damage, and now its at 173.32% but im dying 50 times more often? and then i move down to MP3, and im STILL dying more often than im dying in MP6.

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)
LordSpanky from NWN2/LOA?

lol yeah ..

i left that place pissed off after they screwed over my ember guard build ..

im also Lord_Spanky on d2jsp.org

Yep, I know all about you.
Yes I'm one of the mean ones
And I asked you if you were Spanky once and you read and answered me twice ;)
Edited by stRAnGEr#1612 on 10/27/2012 2:22 AM PDT
After having a good time playing yesterday i jumped back in today and now the damage has gone up there is no more enjoyment in it for me :(
Could someone try if the increased damage may be related to group play?
Community Manager
Ok let me explain

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695/Patch_105_Now_Available-10_16_2012
Patch 1.0.5 live MP 1-10 available (Blizz messed up the damage reduction here so)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_--_October_Updated_1023-10_23_2012
Bam "hotfix" ( Fighting these became easy Like super easy)

Then http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7681242/Patch_105a_Now_Live-10_25_2012
Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to fix some bugs. But infact it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

This is exactly what we tested, and our analysis thus far has provided no evidence that the hotfix was "messed up" or reverted as a result of 1.0.5a. The damage values we implemented via hotfix are currently the damage values being used by monsters right now when MP is enabled.

We're not calling anyone delusional or wrong for reporting a different experience; we're simply saying that the scaling bonus to monster damage at each level MP is (according to all the data we have) where it's supposed to be, and that it hasn't changed since Tuesday.

That said, even though there's no evidence of a bug at this time, we're continuing to monitor reports and feedback over the weekend and will investigate further if necessary.
Edited by Lylirra on 10/27/2012 2:37 AM PDT
Ok let me explain

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695/Patch_105_Now_Available-10_16_2012
Patch 1.0.5 live MP 1-10 available (Blizz messed up the damage reduction here so)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_--_October_Updated_1023-10_23_2012
Bam "hotfix" ( Fighting these became easy Like super easy)

Then http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7681242/Patch_105a_Now_Live-10_25_2012
Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to fix some bugs. But infact it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

This is exactly what we tested, and our analysis thus far has provided no evidence that the hotfix was "messed up" or reverted as a result of 1.0.5a. The damage values we implemented via hotfix are currently the damage values being used by monsters right now when MP is enabled.

We're not calling anyone delusional or wrong for reporting a different experience; we're simply saying that the scaling bonus to monster damage at each level MP is (according to all the data we have) is where it's supposed to be, and that it hasn't changed since Tuesday.

That said, even though there's no evidence of a bug at this time, we're continuing to monitor reports and feedback over the weekend and will investigate further if necessary.

Have you tested elemental damage? Not regular mob damage.. that is still 100% ok from my view.
10/27/2012 02:34 AMPosted by c4ligo
Could someone try if the increased damage may be related to group play?

Its the same in single player and multiplyer :(
affix damaga was increased /fixed ( i belive it was never intended to facetank beems /desacrate/ mortar etc).
Special monster damage could have also been increased in process like the gas ground damage from corpses in act2 , lacuni stalker thrown or aoe left after guardian from vault of the assassin
Edited by Attero#1917 on 10/27/2012 3:08 AM PDT
Cognitive bias with a focus on confirmation and belief biases + Mob mentality = This thread

:)

This bigtime.

In b4 the blue, bottom of page 6, and today also, damage seemed normal to me.
Confirming this issue. Dying in MP5, although I tanked MP8 a day before.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]