Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Ok let me explain

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695/Patch_105_Now_Available-10_16_2012
Patch 1.0.5 live MP 1-10 available (Blizz messed up the damage reduction here so)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_--_October_Updated_1023-10_23_2012
Bam "hotfix" ( Fighting these became easy Like super easy)

Then http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7681242/Patch_105a_Now_Live-10_25_2012
Patch 1.0.5a
This was supposed to fix some bugs. But infact it messed up the last hotfix and it went back to how 1.0.5 was when it was released.

This is exactly what we tested, and our analysis thus far has provided no evidence that the hotfix was "messed up" or reverted as a result of 1.0.5a. The damage values we implemented via hotfix are currently the damage values being used by monsters right now when MP is enabled.

We're not calling anyone delusional or wrong for reporting a different experience; we're simply saying that the scaling bonus to monster damage at each level MP is (according to all the data we have) where it's supposed to be, and that it hasn't changed since Tuesday.

That said, even though there's no evidence of a bug at this time, we're continuing to monitor reports and feedback over the weekend and will investigate further if necessary.

I feel so special I got a blue post, But I guess they did test it out. Maybe its lag. Or bad luck.

But it doesn't seem like that to me.

I will admit act 3 key warden is way easier now. :P
Edited by KiaosZenthos#1828 on 10/27/2012 3:22 AM PDT
I had the same experience. MP level and areas that I had no problem clearing before I began to have trouble with. I had just kinda shrugged it off as just my imagination but after seeing this thread about others having similar experiences I believe I was correct with my original analysis.

Before, I was able to carry 2 noobs through MP5 key runs without much trouble at all. Now I can barely solo MP5 without having more deaths than before. I'm not trying to say the d3 devs were conspiring to raise monster damage behind our backs ... for all I know when 1.05a (or whatever patch the nerf to monster damage was) came out the damage was lower than intended and now after the recent hotfix it is working exactly as intended.
No damage change here, and with my slow refexes I would know. I run Act 1 at MP4, Act 2 & 3 at MP3, and Act 4 at MP2. I die, but no more then on other days.
must be bad luck, maybe were just getting the bad mobs? WHAT??? BLIZZ control mob spawns now??? jokes lol
I had the same experience. MP level and areas that I had no problem clearing before I began to have trouble with. I had just kinda shrugged it off as just my imagination but after seeing this thread about others having similar experiences I believe I was correct with my original analysis.

Before, I was able to carry 2 noobs through MP5 key runs without much trouble at all. Now I can barely solo MP5 without having more deaths than before. I'm not trying to say the d3 devs were conspiring to raise monster damage behind our backs ... for all I know when 1.05a (or whatever patch the nerf to monster damage was) came out the damage was lower than intended and now after the recent hotfix it is working exactly as intended.

See, this sort of anecdote is not helpful to the thread. You're comparing apples and oranges. The multiplayer games could easily introduce factors that change your perception of the difficulty, such as a barb using impunity, or monk with aura, or witch doctor using bad medicine, etc...

That said, I'm glad glad that Blizzard appears to be taking this seriously and looking into the matter. Who knows what might be discovered. I'll repeat, though, that I haven't seen anything unusual. Damage seems normal to me.
Some people just play way too much. Take a break.
i would like to think its bad luck but before i could do MP6 fine, now im dying alot in MP3, what the hell is going on? there must be a logical reason for all of this...
I am so happy to see this. I thought I was crazy...
10/27/2012 03:37 AMPosted by VYNIL
i would like to think its bad luck but before i could do MP6 fine, now im dying alot in MP3, what the hell is going on? there must be a logical reason for all of this...

I don't know dude but something feels off. It was unusually easy after the hotfix that fixed the mp damage values, to do higher mp than i was supposed to.

Then when they did the 1.0.5a it felt like it was 1.0.5 or even before.

I am having a hard time attributing it to bad luck or lag spikes.

Maybe it is something that none of us on the thread can think of.

Or it's a mass delusion like one poster commented.
Edited by KiaosZenthos#1828 on 10/27/2012 3:46 AM PDT
I don't always post... in fact I barely post... but I notice something for sure. Before damage nerf I was doing MP 3-4 comfortably, 5-6 if I wanted to work a little harder. After the nerf I was doing 6-7 like a champ, 5 was a breeze. Today, I struggle through 5 and tried 7 which seemed way way tougher.
indeed the damage is return to the original high state. I notice im dying a lot today. blizz pls read this post. where are the blues when you need them?
Dunno whats up but i have felt it too, bigger damage spikes which lead to more deaths.

I dont mind the change since i like the challenge but id like to be informed of how things are going to be so i can make the apropiate decisions in gearing.

I had just dropped 80 ar for more dps because of the previous damage nerf the night before, had i known i might have taken a different upgrade path.
ummm I think there might be something with the HELLFIRE RING, I'm sure everyone has now.
Well when the ring procs the fireball on reflect, guess what?
It also doesn't seem to function with LS soooo reflect,,guess what?
10/27/2012 03:37 AMPosted by VYNIL

Do not expect an answer from blizzard now, obviously.

oh well.

10/27/2012 02:17 AMPosted by stRAnGEr

lol yeah ..

i left that place pissed off after they screwed over my ember guard build ..

im also Lord_Spanky on d2jsp.org

Yep, I know all about you.
Yes I'm one of the mean ones
And I asked you if you were Spanky once and you read and answered me twice ;)

I did answer you twice. I didnt know if you would go back and read that previous page so I left you another reply on the next page. I was really curious about you and I wanted to make sure you saw my reply. :)

I never understood why LoA has so many mean folks on it. Some folks that have been on that server a while really act like they are better than you and will not hesitate to condescend to you.

For the record, I was on LoA like 5 years ago when it was still new.

Also, I was playing nwn1 the week it was released.

I <3 NWN
38 pages, nice troll, even Blizzard had to bite. Grats.
10/26/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
According to all of our tests, the damage values haven't changed. But, like I said, we're going to continue monitoring the issue and your posts over the weekend just in case there's something else affecting your experience.

reflect is negativly affecting my gaming experience of D3
ok guys, no doubt about it the damage has changed from a couple days ago. However, it appears this is where the devs intended the damage to be all along. So go to AH and RMAH and buy more stuff so Blizz can make the payroll this month and celebrate halloween with an evil grin!!! (^^)
Yeah the damage went up again... lol can't even farm mp5 without dying.
not sure if damage or defense changed, but i started to die 3 times / elite since today. yesteday i only died once / reflect damge. But this situation is not special, the game always had it's good and bad moments.
10/27/2012 04:35 AMPosted by FruitVendor
Yeah the damage went up again... lol can't even farm mp5 without dying.

Mp5 seems about right for your gear, with a couple of deaths here and there.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]