Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Same over on the EU-Server. Since you guys changed something about the Monster-Dmg, i feel like they are even hitting harder. Mostly the fire is like going crazy.

Dont know what you did, but there is something going wrong. Maybe there was even something more wrong BEFORE the patch, but it definitly got harder and NOT easier like you guys said.

Its very sad that Blizzard doesnt have the manpower to do the things you promised in a shorter amount of time than you do right now... money money money!!!
I have a couple of points to add

1) Like previous posts have mentioned - elemental damage has become harder from yesterday. Mainly fire. It was not so hard 2-3 days back.

2) I believe this issue could be because of lag. A lot and lot of lag once the elemental damage graphics start.
a) Once the lag starts the monsters are still moving at same speed but my character does slow motion
b) This makes my character take way more damage while monsters move about in normal speed and keep hitting me
c) It also happens when I hit 1-4 number keys. The delay to activate skills is more than a second which can make my character die since the defensive abilities take time to show. For e.g. lets say I want to hit my Ignore Pain button, sometimes after two seconds it comes up (OR) I am dead before that.

Please look into this. I believe it is just lag that is making the monsters deliver more damage.

P.S:- When there is lag why can't the monsters also move in slow motion. I mean that will definitely balance out. But it is not a long term fix.

Thanks.
Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334"]this post[/url]. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that our QA team can investigate.

Really? I am not doubting your word by any means but something has been changed. Is it possible that something else is broke and then in turn it breaks the damage?

I know EXACTLY what the problem is for you as I had the same issue. The passive Tough as Nails is bugged. The other day I bought new weapons, ones that had no Vit on them( I lost 166 vit) I decided to then test and see which gave me more armor nerves or tough. turns out tough did by about 200ish. I then proceeded to get two by everything in MP5. For hours I thought I broke my barb by buying new weapons then it hit me I changed that passive.

I ran several tests. did a full run with tough, then one with nerves, then one with neither tough or nerves. End result I was good to go as long as tough as nails wasnt equiped. I notcied that not only was I taking insanely large amounts of damage but also I appeared to not be gaining as much life steal back.

Lylirra, you should check into it for us :)
Cognitive bias with a focus on confirmation and belief biases + Mob mentality = This thread

:)

I agree,nothing has changed.
[quote]

I know EXACTLY what the problem is for you as I had the same issue. The passive Tough as Nails is bugged. The other day I bought new weapons, ones that had no Vit on them( I lost 166 vit) I decided to then test and see which gave me more armor nerves or tough. turns out tough did by about 200ish. I then proceeded to get two by everything in MP5. For hours I thought I broke my barb by buying new weapons then it hit me I changed that passive.

I ran several tests. did a full run with tough, then one with nerves, then one with neither tough or nerves. End result I was good to go as long as tough as nails wasnt equiped. I notcied that not only was I taking insanely large amounts of damage but also I appeared to not be gaining as much life steal back.

Lylirra, you should check into it for us :)

Swapped tough as nails out for bloodthirst, seems better so far
Hey Lylirra, maybe you can just stop responding to these threads, which are made by people with paranoia or mental disorders. Or they just want to whine.
10/27/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Ometius
Hey Lylirra, maybe you can just stop responding to these threads, which are made by people with paranoia or mental disorders. Or they just want to whine.

u r sore
10/27/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Ometius

Irony?

Anyways 33 pages of paranoia? Maybe, maybe not. Blizz said they didnt change anything but I cant help but notice I'm hitting that "Q" button alot more frequently for whatever reason =\
Still farming MP10 like a bauss
Is it possible that maybe there is an error in other possibilities besides monster damage?

i.e maybe AR or armor or skills/passives might have been accidentally changed? Could this be a possibility of everyone thinking monsters are doing more damage now?
Just throwing in that RD seems way more potent to me now, but I mostly attribute that to fighting on MP1 now, as well as swapping out my amulet which had vit and resists for one with a ton of crit% and crit damage. I don't have the old patch to compare it to anymore unfortunately, but it did go from RD being almost a non-factor to nearly two-three shotting me if enemies walked into a spike trap.

Looking at your setup, Ball Lightning and Spike Traps can cause serious problems against RD if you don't time your Gloom activations, specially if you just increased your CHD and CC for less HP and AR.
I would drop the Bat for Prep, any rune and you'll be able to Gloom and spam those two skills while leeching so much life you won't even notice they are RD affixed. Either that or stack about another 4-5K vit and you'll have very little problems.

Thanks for taking the time to offer some advice.

I really don't have much in the way of problems running gloom atm, and running out of hatred (what happens if I don't run bat) usually hurts me more. My real problem is I have a tendency to just start firing away without activating gloom first or checking affixes, which is what gets me killed.

Mostly that works for me though cause I farm on MP1 where things tend to die in a gloom activation or two (you know, provided I don't fire first and wtf at my respawn screen later :p). If I wanna do any MP levels where sustainability is important, yeah I'll have to do as you said.

EDIT:
Either way I do want more AR and vit, lol. I still have a few pieces that don't have AR on them and I feel bad for it. I'll probably also experiment at some point with more hatred regen gear and switching to templar and trying to run that with prep. I do like prep and would like to fit it back in at some point.
Edited by Blackstream#1914 on 10/27/2012 8:51 AM PDT
Whine about something so long, it will become true.

PS: Nothing has changed, stop whinning.
Hi.

Maybe it isn´t the damage numbers or the scailng itself, that´s wrong.

There are people, that noted nothing, others can not play their previous MP-Lvl anymore.
I was really happy to be able to farm ACT3, MP1 and ACT1, MP1 with 1.05.
After 1.05a i had to switch back to ACT1, MP0(!) - cause i suddenly got a huge load of damage straight in my monks face at ACT1, MP1 and ACT3, MP0(!!).
It seems to me, this has nothing to do with the scaling of Monsterpower-Levels.

My theorie:
Something did go terribly wrong with the Monks "One-with-everything" OR the Resistances in general.
Let me specify this:
I stacked on physical-damage resi.
After 1.05a i noticed nearly nothing in getting more damage, as long as there was NO elemental damage!
All other things like poison, arcane and fire etc. one-shooted me instantly.
This was NOT the case before (not even with 1.04)!
If theres molten, arcane or desecrator i even have problems in ACT1, MP0.
I farmed that one since i´m in inferno and NEVER had any problems there.
So, this should not be, i guess.

It has NOTHING to do with ReflectDamage-Affix.
Doesn´t have problems with that, cause my damage simply is not high enough.

Can the others that have this probs please confirm, that they play monks with OWE and those without problems play other classes or have high enough All-Resis?
Thanks in advance.

I like to play ACT3, MP1 again!
So PLEASE Blizzard, do something.
This is nuts.

Greetz
Turok

I am the OP

I am a WD who gets all his resists (high resists) from gear and intelligence

maybe its not OWE, but resists in general ?

maybe somehow resists are not working correctly.

this might certainly explain why blizz reported no problems, assuming they are being truthful ofc.
i tot it was only me until i saw this thread with 33pages saying the damage seems to be not working very well as said.

hope they fix it fast.
My buddy and me also noticed some very drastic changes since some days (EU Server) and he is a Barbarian. So if even he dies much more often than before, something is wrong.

It can be, that the Monsters itself doesn't do more dmg but maybe we TAKE mauch more dmg, I believe the entire resists system is messed up - -much more than before, it always feels messed up for me.
So I recommend to check the income dmg and resists of the players, there could be the main problem.
I've noticed an issue with damage as well. I seem to be dying more frequently, not less. Meh. I thought I was just being paranoid until I saw this thread. Haha. My bigger problem is key drops. Running MP's 2-4 I've only managed 3 keys out of 30+ tries.
Thank you for checking it. Honestly, I tend to browse the forum at work and these threads are getting pretty out of control. It reminds me of why I quit WoW in the first place after WoTLK came out. People whine. Yhey have ZERO video footage of before and after for the experience they claim to have, and you poor Blizz people can do nothing but buff and nerf at will.

Not really jumping on either side of the fence here but I would like to see something other than "Oh wow I've died more today. Blizzard messed up again." Dont stand in things that hurt you! Sheesh...

+1 Blizz for trying to have good PR with the consumer.
Edited by Quash#1627 on 10/27/2012 9:16 AM PDT
I've experienced no difference since the original reduction.

Before you say "you're a barb you wouldn't notice!" be aware that prior to the hotfix i would frequently die in MP5 but have been happily and safely farming keys in MP5 since the hotfix.

I even went as far as MP7 ubers just last night and had no issues.
@ People who think Blizzard is trying to cover something up - it is not unusual to experience difficulties reproducing an issue like this. Assuming there is an issue in the first place.

The most useful thing you can do is to pay attention while playing, keep some notes if possible about what you are experiencing, and report in as much detail as possible.

The initial guess, that something was wonky with damage scaling was a reasonable guess. Blizzard changed this stuff, so the chance for a bug is there. However, after some further testing last night, I am going to have to agree that in general, the scaling seems fine, but that sometimes I seemed to experience weird damage spikes. (Example: I took a couple of hits from an arcane sentry - no problem. On another pack, molten just melted me. On one pack mortar was no big deal, on another it was.)

If this is latency or server side related, it could realistically be hard for Blizzard to repro. Being patient, calm, observant and detailed in your reports will help them. Conspiracy theories are most unhelpful, please don't go there.

@ people who aren't experiencing any issues, be happy that you aren't. The game is pretty frustrating when you can't decide when sometimes you can face tank a mob, and other times you get one shot. This is especially frustrating when the same affixes can be in play in both cases. Trolling this thread will not make it go away faster, and will waste more of Blizzards time. Since you likely think this is all a big waste of time to begin with, that should dissuade you.
Just one more person to add to this thread. I don't care what Blizzard is saying, I am sure they are just missing something. But either way, I went from face rolling MP5-6 2 days ago to dying several times trying to do key runs on MP3 today.

I don't care about the conspiracy nonsense, I don't care what they are or are not admitting to. I am suddenly barely able to do MP3 after spending a week straight coasting through MP5. Something has obviously changed, I just hope they figure out what it was soon.

And on a side note, I really started noticing the damage getting worse a couple of nights ago. It has been the same for my friend. The weird thing though, is that every night it seemed to be considerably worse than it was earlier in the day. I am sure it was probably us being tired, but we were able to do MP4-5 easy all day long, then suddenly we would just start cranking out deaths and have to scale it down to MP3 to even attempt to progress, at one point we even had to knock it down to MP2.

Logged on today though, to try and do some A3/MP3 runs for keys. Died 7 times, sometimes almost instantly without even getting a chance to heal. So I am done doing runs until they figure this out.

Also, I did notice a considerable drop in damage when they lowered it. It was the reason I went from doing MP4 to doing up to MP6 easily. But that is no longer the case. =(
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]