Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Lylirra I think what most people are experiencing is certain mobs with more damage, for example Cadavers in Act 1 with plague affix and desecrator do insane amounts of damage, we were clearing elites to get ready for our uber run and wiped on this elite probaly 5 times each, it was stupid hard (MP7) compared to all of the others we blew through. So my tip would be to look into certain packs like these and definately check on cultist elite damage, like the cultist outside leorics manor, I can be fighting him for over 1min fine and then BAM all of a sudden he is dealing massive damage for almost 40k per hit, this apears to be mainly the champion packs or whichever the gold ones are.
Disagree.
I have been noticing the same thing but only with elemental damage and even then it is not consistent. As Sparkzen mentioned, arcane sentries would sometime cause no problem and then on the next pack they would 2 shot me. Moreover plague patches on the ground would sometimes kill me in 2 secs which is weird as i never had any problem with them whatsoever. My guess is that something went crap with elemental resist and/or resist passives and skills (such as OWE etc.). Then again it may be my imagination. What really concerns me though is that these spikes are not consistent.
@ People who think Blizzard is trying to cover something up - it is not unusual to experience difficulties reproducing an issue like this. Assuming there is an issue in the first place.

The most useful thing you can do is to pay attention while playing, keep some notes if possible about what you are experiencing, and report in as much detail as possible.

The initial guess, that something was wonky with damage scaling was a reasonable guess. Blizzard changed this stuff, so the chance for a bug is there. However, after some further testing last night, I am going to have to agree that in general, the scaling seems fine, but that sometimes I seemed to experience weird damage spikes. (Example: I took a couple of hits from an arcane sentry - no problem. On another pack, molten just melted me. On one pack mortar was no big deal, on another it was.)

If this is latency or server side related, it could realistically be hard for Blizzard to repro. Being patient, calm, observant and detailed in your reports will help them. Conspiracy theories are most unhelpful, please don't go there.

@ people who aren't experiencing any issues, be happy that you aren't. The game is pretty frustrating when you can't decide when sometimes you can face tank a mob, and other times you get one shot. This is especially frustrating when the same affixes can be in play in both cases. Trolling this thread will not make it go away faster, and will waste more of Blizzards time. Since you likely think this is all a big waste of time to begin with, that should dissuade you.

Once again I agreed twice now with Sparkzen.

Trading of personal insults will not help anything and the denying of other's rights to express their unique and personal feedback, with a highly aggressive manner should not be tolerate at all time.

While Blizzard has released a public statement that they are not calling anyone delusional or wrong for reporting a different experience. They have not done a good enough job to maintain the goal of this thread.

For they are allowing a web of distractions -ranging from serious harassment to insults in all forms of discrimination and finally aggressive charges towards their targets - to pollute and cloud the progress of the investigation.

Having a clearer and cleaner thread would certainly help them on their promise to continue to monitor this thread on the issue better.

I do urge Blizzard to dig deeper on to this matter, for the present preliminary report from Blizzard, is still not satisfying as the continue of reports of players experiencing a different gaming session with increased difficulty, is still increasing.

Investigation to the puzzling situation of why are some people are experiencing it while some are not, should be done too.

Certainly Blizzard will kindly take reports and advised suggestions from gamer seriously, as their appointed community manager - Lylirra - responded and promised with her post.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/27/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Have to agree with Abeden. The most noticeable times I have been taking insane damage all of a sudden has been to elemental stuff.

In fact, it just happened a moment ago. Ran up to fight a mob with Molten, I almost died before I could pop Rend. Only hit his molten path for maybe a second. Then, after I got my health up, I was able to stand in his molten, along with the other 2 mobs and kill them without taking any damage.

Same with arcane sentries, I can manage to sit in 4+ of them passing through me while I fight and be fine, then suddenly one of them destroys my health.

Also, noticed it with desecrate. I have stood and fought a pack with up to 4-5 stacks of desecrate under me before I even have to consider moving. Then suddenly 1 stack is all it takes to start bringing my health down more than I can heal back, and 2 stacks is a death almost instantly. Oddly enough, if I move out of it sometimes and let another 2+ stacks get under me, the next ones do not even move my health at all.

And Fire Chains, that one is weird too. I have had all 3 chains running laps around me and be fine, then take only 1 chain and almost die to it instantly.

Have also died to frozen. Normally I get frozen, or have a few of them explode on me while I have WotB up, and I don't even notice the damage. Then I get popped by 2-3 orbs at once and my health gets chunked.

And Azmodan... I don't know if it is just me or what. But we were pounding him out on MP5 the other night, and just standing in his blood pools letting meteors hit us and healing it all back up nicely. Lastnight though, my friend dies to just a single blood pool and meteor ticking on him, and myself I can eat the damage for a bit longer but it is definitely not possible to out heal the damage anymore.

Of course, I don't really care about Azmodan, either way he ends up dead. But the bursty damage totally at random from rares/elites does need to be fixed.

The actual damage mobs are dealing that is not elemental though, is perfectly fine.
Edited by Rochus#1375 on 10/27/2012 9:49 AM PDT
@Abeden and @Rochus,

I observed the same when i first started having some issues with fire based attacks.
I'm failing so I'm going to blame blues and Jay for all my problems at failing so hard because there has to be a conspiracy!!!! how do these kind of people even get out of bed in the morning thinking that the whole world is out to get them because lets face it if you believe blizz is out to get you then you probably believe david icke and that the world is ran by argonians from the moon.... not everybody is out to get you play the game if you enjoy it and leave if you don't its simple.
Is it normal for a single arcane sentry to do 5-6 damage ticks on you in one second?
@LordSpanky

Greeting, good to see you still holding on to your fort.

Sadly, be it right or wrong. There will never be a winner for Blizzard or the gamer.
@LordSpanky

Sadly, be it right or wrong. There will never be a winner for Blizzard or the gamer.

I hope you are wrong.

Btw, I'm not sure, but I swear the RD damage dropped a little for me.

Ofc, that observation is vague at best.

I still have a very clear distinction in my mind between NOW and THEN in terms of damage output by elites.

ANYONE ??

5-6 damage ticks per second on arcane sentry normal ?
^
Edited by Optimo#1882 on 11/28/2012 6:50 AM PST
@LordSpanky

I hope you are wrong.

I still have a very clear distinction in my mind between NOW and THEN in terms of damage output by elites.

I do not understand what do you mean " i hope you are wrong? "

What i meant is, the situation where we have a issue that is creating so much unhappiness for everyone, will never have a winner.

While it is good to have increase report of similar situation like yours and mine. It is also sad that there is so much needless unhappiness.

This is a game, it suppose to be bringing joy.

:(

I still stand firm as well, that the damages are much more.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/27/2012 10:26 AM PDT
10/27/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Optimo
Well regardless if Blizzard can determine what is wrong or not, if the vast majority feels there was a change, why not nerf MP damage further, until you figure out what you guys changed.

That is not the way to fix this, at least not in my opinion. It's essentially the same situation we had before where elemental damage was doing WAY more than it should (there was a ton of solid evidence and research). Nerfing MPs even further would just ruin this game completely, they just need to figure out how to make elemental work *again*
^
Edited by Optimo#1882 on 11/28/2012 6:50 AM PST
I think it might have to do with the differential without mob difficulty built into each level. (A.K.A. super tough packs that are meant to be gear checks at certain parts of the game)

Those few packs that are always in the same spots and super freakin tough. Like 3 or 4 more times tougher than your average pack after the MP scaling settles.

If you go into Arreat Crater level 2 WP and instantly backtrack 1 level and go through the Arreat Crater entrance into the last maps exit there is a champion that is always close to the end who is always MUCH stronger than the rest of the champions throughout the act.

(I cant remember the name of the dng but next time Ill play ill edit it in to here. I think it might be end of tower level 2 or something.)
As I've said a few times already, all opinions are welcomed here.

However, some of you guys really need to tone down the insults.

There is simply no cause for that here.

If you are truly angered that much by other peoples opinions or observations, then you should probably avoid internet forums all together. It's really not very healthy.

Peace
I have to agree with OP, my pets are getting their asses kicked in MP5, This was not happening before.

of course Blizzard will deny...
@Lylirra

TBH I have not noticed any increase in dmg at all i am now running in MP10 and im doing just fine. i could do MP10 in the last patch but it was a little tough (who am i kidding?! ok it was like fighting a immune to physical with a barb haha), now with this new patch since you reduced the MP, i actually can run in MP10 without dying like 20 times. i have played on my 60 WD, 52 barb, and 60 Wizzy and can't seem to see the monsters doing more dmg at all...thats just me though :)
Edited by Diablo#1979 on 10/27/2012 10:35 AM PDT
@LordSpanky

I hope you are wrong.

I do not understand what do you mean " i hope you are wrong? "

What i meant is, the situation where we have a issue that is creating so much unhappiness for everyone, will never have a winner.

While it is good to have increase report of similar situation like yours and mine. It is also sad that there is so much needless unhappiness.

This is a game, it suppose to be bringing joy.

:(

I still stand firm as well, that the damages are much more.

I see.

Well know this then, I am most certainly not unhappy because of this game.

and again .. I hope you are wrong.

I see no reason to believe this situation has caused a great deal of unhappiness among the parties involved. People are much more resilient than you give them credit for I think. We will all recover from this incident, win or lose, just fine.

Just my 2 cents. :)
something has to be wrong because I was able to handle MP6 with my barb for the past week with no problem, today I'm having problems. matter of fact im getting 1 shot KO...maybe its certain mobs/elemental (im not quite sure), but i havent died this much since pre 1.0.4...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]