Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

10/27/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Optimo
iatethem, please source your evidence and research. Otherwise, your claim is meaningless.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Mob-Damage-Increased-Make-Armor-Resistance-Less-Useful-44634.html

Old information, same situation.
i dont get on the forums very much anymore, but i did today because i also noticed an increase in damage, first i thought maybe a piece of gear accidentally got equipped or something right clicking in bag or what ever but i checked it all, we did grom uber a couple days ago on mp5 with 3 players and i tanked the fight, now today we had extreme trouble taking quite a bit more damage, something is definitely wrong
I have a theory.

Mass QQ'ers have banned together to convince Blizzard that something is wrong to lead to another nerf and more people inching towards MP10.

this MUST be it.
One other observation, I really should have mentioned this more in my report, but I am wondering if in many cases we are seeing some synchronization issue between client and server. I noticed a couple of times last night that I was taking damage and it was just not obvious why.

Several other posters in this thread describe something similar. Perhaps we are taking damage and not realizing it, and when the client / server return to synchronization we see large damage spikes.

Remember the bug where arcane sentry's graphic would be out of sync and you'd get killed before you knew what hit you? I had that same kind of feeling last night several times, like what was happening with damage didn't sync with what I was seeing.

Anyone else experience this? BTW, I hesitate to mention this because there were several times last night where the latency was super high 1800ms or so. Most of the time I played, though, it was around 140-180ms. (I pay attention to this.)
I have a theory.

Mass QQ'ers have banned together to convince Blizzard that something is wrong to lead to another nerf and more people inching towards MP10.

this MUST be it.

yes because MP10 is exceptionally hard with over 100k DPS and an SoJ, right :P
Lylirra
Community Manager
Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in this post. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the Bug Report forum so that our QA team can investigate.

You Know Lyrilla that you have Failed the Each Hit Adds affix it doesn't work on EVERY hit anymore!!! i'm playing WW barb and i'm enjoying it really much but i have over 1.2k LoH and it don't give me it every time so tell me Why, Oh Please tell me why.
Something is wrong after this last hotfix. Some monsters hit just as hard as they did before the "fix", then it seems like I suddenly don't have any armor on and get 2 shot. It seems to mostly be elemental damage. However, it seems like melee damage went up as well. Normal mobs seem ok, but some rares and champ packs are beastly.

I was under the impression that the hotfix brought monster damage down, but it seems to have gone up instead.
I see.

Well know this then, I am most certainly not unhappy because of this game.

and again .. I hope you are wrong.

I see no reason to believe this situation has caused a great deal of unhappiness among the parties involved. People are much more resilient than you give them credit for I think. We will all recover from this incident, win or lose, just fine.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Ah, I understood what you mean now.

Well neutral enough with your meaning of your explanation.

Yes, your 2 cents indeed. :)

What i saw is just a silly situation of everyone shouting at each other while the one setting the system is not doing anything.

Games are meant to be an enjoyment.

Not sure if everyone are resilient, but it does affect my impression of Blizzard as a consumer and my caution toward my decision to purchase my next product from Blizzard.

I am side-tracking too much. haha but that is my humble 1 cent
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/27/2012 11:10 AM PDT
I notice molten hitting quite a bit harder than it did a few days ago and I have gotten a few upgrades since then. I was doing a key run on MP4 earlier and damn near got 1 shot by molten soul lashers. Normally I can handle these packs fine on MP6 yet Mp4 was giving me problems.
im not sure about actual monster dmg...but i seem to be taking more reflect dmg than usual
i didn't change my gear at all, and i had always been able to out-heal reflect with acid rain

and today i am only breaking even with the reflect...which was never the case
and this is MP1 i'm talking about...like wtf?

if dmg of mobs is not the problem....maybe resistance is bugged? cuz it just doesnt make any sense

i have around 700 res, 1k loh, 100k dps unbuff
Edited by xSkilling#1945 on 10/27/2012 11:09 AM PDT
One other observation, I really should have mentioned this more in my report, but I am wondering if in many cases we are seeing some synchronization issue between client and server. I noticed a couple of times last night that I was taking damage and it was just not obvious why.

Several other posters in this thread describe something similar. Perhaps we are taking damage and not realizing it, and when the client / server return to synchronization we see large damage spikes.

Remember the bug where arcane sentry's graphic would be out of sync and you'd get killed before you knew what hit you? I had that same kind of feeling last night several times, like what was happening with damage didn't sync with what I was seeing.

Anyone else experience this? BTW, I hesitate to mention this because there were several times last night where the latency was super high 1800ms or so. Most of the time I played, though, it was around 140-180ms. (I pay attention to this.)

It is another possible cause.

Hope Blizzard take note.
Dear CM, I have no doubt the developers took a look and found their values to be correctly inputted when choosing MP levels. However, there is obviously another "bug" somewhere else. It may not be the damage output of the mobs, it might be damage resistance or some other issue. I notice the damage in Act 2 particularly with the mobs that look like a swarm of insects. But it seems to effect more than just them as I found myself taking much more damage in all Acts on MP3.

It isn't reflect damage alone, even trash seems to do damage *much* faster.
Definitely noticed a change. Before I could work my way through MP4, it definitely harder now. Been playing my barb a lot lately and he doesn't have awesome gear so he's pretty sensitive to changes. For my barb it's really noticable with molten. MP2 before I wouldn't have to worry, just spin around with no care. Now I have to kite around molten.

If it's not the damage that's changed, could it be AOE dmg stacking has changed somehow?

I'm not even asking for a nerf, TBH I kinda like it this way. But I can't believe there was no change at all.
resistance is bugged?? its the only explanation of the extra dmg from nowhere
I usually farm Act 3 Hell on MP10 for gold and I usually faceroll through it, however now I am dying... I never dropped less than half my HP (unless there are a bunch of arcane sentries), and now I'm dying, even with defensive skills/passives that I didn't use while farming....
Molten damage seems static to me. It hurts - a lot. But I can deal with the consistency of it.

Reflect damage seems a bit wonky atm. I'll get a pack one time and go toe-2-toe (monk) with 3 or 4 of them and not have an issue. The next pack with one or 2 of them I get completely destroyed and have to kite the entire time unless I have Ascension up.

The only correlation I can seem to make (and this is a stretch) is that the faster the mob is - as in movement or the +Fast affix - the more damage I take from reflect. A pack of Burrowing Leapers w/ reflect roll me where as some charging cows in A2 really don't do much at all.

I don't doubt they are producing the correct damage values, but perhaps is there an issue with the rate they reflect or some other coefficient that's not behaving correctly?
I did some more testing with a few elite packs. Reflect damage is most certainly hitting harder than it was before.

Damage by monsters may have been reduced, but I'm AM taking more damage overall. It's not just my mind playing tricks on me.

Something else got changed to make this happen. The game doesn't just decide that we need to take more damage, something is bugged.
I am not sure about MP4 or higher but I did not notice monster doing more damage.

Reflect damage, however... still annoying. I have a perfect 3% life steal and 300ish LoH from Blackthorn and it is simply not enough if the battle lasts a while. At MP4, battle do last a while. Reflect is extremely annoying on a team. Soloing-wise, I can take my pace, try to run away to regen back but on a team with Affix "Fast", it is basically trading death for damage. Run in, try to do as much as damage you can before dying.. repeat.

Yes, with a bit more LoH I can probably achieve very slow "health degeneration" but I do get hit. It's not like Reflect is the ONLY damage I take.

It doesn't help that my WD pets can't use my life steal.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 10/27/2012 11:32 AM PDT
I thought I had this problem. Farmed half of act 3 before I realized I wasn't wearing a ring.

Check your gear, guys.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]