Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

I , too, have noticed an increase in damage after 1.05. I was playing as a barbarian on mp5 without the Superstition passive skill, and was doing fine with my life on hit and steal. When the patch came, molten was literally melting me even with the Superstition passive skill.
The thing is, I actually noticed that ELEMENTAL damage, seemed to be higher rather than all kinds of damage. But right now, the game seems to be alternating between this "bugged" difficulty and the normal one, as there ARE runs that are harder than others, for me.
This is what I've experienced.
Been playing all day and even though, before this hot fix, I was clearing mp7 with no problems, im now finding myself to kite specific encounters, because I'm taking a lot more dmg. It may be working correctly now, but is something maybe not working? Like resist, LoH, etc or somethign was wrong between patch and hotfix that was corrected?
Dude its not refelct damage its cause you play a broken class, WD´s are

S H I T

play a barb,
- best tanking class,
- best dps class
- MP 10 E-Z mode.
I have to say, this is one of the most annoying things about there not being offline play. We can't patch back to 1.04, run tests on monster damage, then patch back to 1.05 and retest. So we end up with hunches and feelings mostly.

So far, just reading through the thread, I've seem claims that monster damage as a whole is increased, reflect damage specifically is raised, all elemental damage is raised, it's raised but only on certain mobs, it's raised, but only randomly on certain runs... I'm sure there's more. The only thing people seem to agree on is that damage seems to be higher, and that they have increased trouble doing the same runs they were doing in 1.05, after the patch.

But if I were to piece it all together, it seems like it might be an intermitant bug, which is the worst kind of bug to debug.
It seems to me that some packs have a much stronger molten than others.
10/27/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Dirk
It seems to me that some packs have a much stronger molten than others.

Keep in mind, iirc, it scales to attack speed or something like that. At least that's the explaination I heard that made the most sense. I wouldn't be surprised if all elemental damage affixes are like that.
yeah i think you are right the fast packs do better molten dmg
So I never read these forums, but after a couple of days (read: since 1.0.5a) of just straight up annihilating myself on Reflect Damage mobs and generally taking WAY more damage than normal, I came here to see what's up. Sure enough there's a 40 page thread with other people that feel the same way. As other people have stated, I'm taking even more damage now than I was before the damage nerf. I feel like I'm doing MP15 on MP7, it's absurd. Please fix this/revert the changes on 1.0.5a.
OMG. Sold my Inna's Set in the last days and kind of rerolled my monk because I started dying all the time out of a sudden. It wasnt viable anymore.
Rerolled with way more Resis and 56k life now, lost about 12k dps unbuffed.

Now I see this thread and I am kind of annoyed, IF it is a bug and I could have lived on with my Inna Set and 90k dps I .. am sad.

Mobs do so much more damage sometimes. My Group wiped on Ubers a few times, all but me cause I rerolled, I always revived them etc.. before we cleared them always first try.

This is weird, seriously.
RD was buff.....i am not delusional for sure. been farming at mp5 and never once i had a problem with RD mobs with gloom on. Now even with gloom, my hp went DOWN RAPIDLY while kiting RD mobs, This never happened before the hotfix.
Maybe instead of the slight nerf there was a slight buff? Seriously that's exactly how it feels.
10/27/2012 09:28 PMPosted by blhotz
Maybe instead of the slight nerf there was a slight buff? Seriously that's exactly how it feels.

This is exactly the sentiment I feel. How anyone doesn't see it, I can't figure it out. The people who don't see it this way must significantly outgear EVERYONE else who does.
I , too, have noticed an increase in damage after 1.05. I was playing as a barbarian on mp5 without the Superstition passive skill, and was doing fine with my life on hit and steal. When the patch came, molten was literally melting me even with the Superstition passive skill.
The thing is, I actually noticed that ELEMENTAL damage, seemed to be higher rather than all kinds of damage. But right now, the game seems to be alternating between this "bugged" difficulty and the normal one, as there ARE runs that are harder than others, for me.
This is what I've experienced.

did u check the mod of the mob ? sometimes they got plague as well which makes DoT way higher but one thing is for sure...mob with fast + molten really hit harder
I guess i should jump in once again and say my spin to win barb ROLLED mp5-7 today. While my CM wiz did have a small bit of difficultly with MP6. (but then again it wasn't too hard). Seems about same to me.

My gear is nothing special on either.
Edited by Aggravator#1995 on 10/27/2012 10:08 PM PDT
sounds like the monsters found the water fountain Chuck Norris was drinking from. Too epic for my blood
mass hysteria...
Actually, they did. Key drops in particular have decreased dramatically. All of my friends (as well as me) are complaining about how horrible the key drops are in ACT I, 2, and 3. Before the hot fix (1.05a), the probabiliy of getting a key after defeating the warden was decent. Now, it seems they hardly ever drop the keys anymore. Looks to be one drop out of every 20-30 kills of the warden in order to get a key. I hope Blizzard fixes this issue in addition to the fact that they increased overall monster and elite pack damage instead of reducing it. Must be a Halloween joke... Not funny anymore!
so once again another rmah pathch. THIS IS DIABLO NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT'get over it nube game developer.Ya thats right i've got you pegged nube oh sorry noob,right noob idot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]