Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Maybe it isn't incoming damage, maybe its something wrong with the dodge or block formula, or even damage reduction, but something is up.

I've never skipped packs before (Hardcore mode) but I've had to skip multiple mobs since the last mini update and I've even scaled back my MP from Mp4 to Mp1...

Something is up, molten and other ground effects just do jaw dropping damage.

In fact, the only things I've changed my character drastically increased my EHP. (Swapped out dex gems for life gems, new weapon with more life on hit)

I just logged off for the night, not even worth risking it because the damage is so high I'll have a heart attack watching my character lose half his life in a tick of descrator.
Edited by FatZero#1910 on 10/28/2012 8:49 PM PDT
I have also noticed something wrong with the damage or resists.

I focused on getting high fire resist and i didnt have any problem with molten on mp5/6 but now i noticed i get hit alot more by it and i die, also noticed increased dmg in lightning affix i die more often on mp6 now
Lighting for sure does more damage, but nothing WTH worthy like the molten.

(OR the damage reduction isn't working)
What I felt while playing MP 8 Infernal Machine yesterday is, the attacks did less damage since my friend who play monk did not get a 1 hit K.O anymore. But i feel like the bosses' AI are becoming more intelligent. Like, Kulle use his slow sphere more frequently and more annoying.
God you noobs disgust me

The game has been nerfed on 7 seperate occasions since launch because of you whinging bads

Dont you understand the game has DIFFICULTY SETTINGS FOR A REASON

Go play Hell if inferno is too hard for fuk sake

this
While 40+ pages worth of smoke would usually suggest that a fire is burning somewhere, I honestly haven't noticed that significant a difference in incoming damage. I normally run mp5-7.

The plague and molten and desecrator pools seem to be doing their usual things. (BTW good job blizzard on the desecrator stack indicator. I love it! Could we have something similar for plague and molten as well?)

Fire chains are still hella painful, especially given the mobs' tendencies to walk around you all the time.

Reflect damage seems to be doing a bit more. (Which could be due to my miniscule improvement in dps. But the dh around me seem to be dying faster and more often now, so I suspect something's up.)

Otherwise, I haven't noticed that much of a difference. Certainly not enough to cause all this furor.
Edited by Myrthr#1471 on 10/28/2012 10:35 PM PDT
While 40+ pages worth of smoke would usually suggest that a fire is burning somewhere, I honestly haven't noticed that significant a difference in incoming damage. I normally run mp5-7.

The plague and molten and desecrator pools seem to be doing their usual things. (BTW good job blizzard on the desecrator stack indicator. I love it! Could we have something similar for plague and molten as well?)

Fire chains are still hella painful, especially given the mobs' tendencies to walk around you all the time.

Reflect damage seems to be doing a bit more. (Which could be due to my miniscule improvement in dps. But the dh around me seem to be dying faster and more often now, so I suspect something's up.)

Otherwise, I haven't noticed that much of a difference. Certainly not enough to cause all this furor.

Exactly...

All the people crying are noobs who are like OMG I have 40k dps and 25k life but I can't solo MP10 WTF!!!!?!?!?!

Even if a stealth buff occurred just do whatever MP level fits you.

It's like a fat couch potato trying to complete a triathlon and get 1st place... It's not on his level and he's not going to be able to do it. Should he cry that the triathlon be nerfed just because his fat a$$ can't hang?
I havent noticed anything... but then again the highest i can go is mp5 and i play a dh so...
i think it's something to do with lag, i notice when my ping is higher i get 1 hit by everything
Has anyone tested when the monster has FAST affix, it casues higher damage for other affixes ?

Simply like the APS for us will affect the damage for the skill.
10/26/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
So everyone is just making this up now? I never come and !@#$% on forums but there has been a change. I just started playing from 1.02 but blizzard just when I was starting to like this game again you go do your typical crap. When the next patch comes out I will just remember that last time and move on. Killed the game because of greed.

According to all of our tests, the damage values haven't changed. But, like I said, we're going to continue monitoring the issue and your posts over the weekend just in case there's something else affecting your experience.

I really hope you get paid a lot Lylirra. Your job is impossible.
DMG is still the same. If you take a closer look the most packs that are killing you are "reflect damage" since it can no longer be dodged you take way more dmg and if u have low LoH or lifesteal then u just die. In inferno there are many affixes so usually there goes reflect dmg + molten/fire chains/plague so if u stay there u simply die due to reflect dmg and the other thing. Personally with 950 i can survive easy reflect dmg mobs but if i am near plague/molten it cannot outheal the incoming dmg. Since they removed invulnerable minions affix i see a lot more reflect dmg mobs (every 3rd) So either get decent LoH / lifesteal or just learn to kite mobs away from molten/plague/fire chains coz this is the combination that kills u
Confirm with my friends that was still playing and come back to play after patch 1.0.5, the incoming damage (compare to the nerf shortly after 1.0.5) after 1.0.5a did really increased.

Blizz please investigate.
That's weird, 1.0.5.a allows me to play on higher MPvalue.

Was farming MP4-5 but now playing on MP6-7.

Some elites are still pain in the !@# but that's cool that way!!!
choo choo... . all aboard the tinfoil train..... lots of seats avialalbe dont worry.. plenty of room for all you nuts! :D

this guy knows, an others:

its alright: the ones crying has low armor, low resists, under 100k dsp zero loh,lifesteal, life reg, and low health gobs....... i would rather have reflect dmg than THIS ! invulnerable minions !!!! what fun it is to try to kill the one guy, when he is surround..... LETs BRING THIS BACK ! AN GIVE ALL THE NON SKILL PLAYER SOMETHING TO TRULY CRY ABOUT...... TIN-foilhats are on way too tight in this thread....... this thread make me disguised to play are rated M game..... cry cry your way to the top.... everyone isnt suppose to do mp10.... go ahead attack me.... mp10 is where the top geared players are.... which isnt where your whooping 100k under dsp is, LOL.....

I generally fail to see the "skill" required to play this game... Maybe the skill to learn your class/build? - that's about it...

Flexing that mediocre e-peen all day :D Would you mind sharing which char you roll primarily so I can check your stats? Done it a few times with a lot of the "GODLY GUIZE!!!!!111oNe!!11" in this thread to see you're mostly just little kids with nothing better to do than try to act hard on the internet.

Generally, towards the thread since I'm done with all of that... Elemental is still retarded, probably won't be fixed.. just going to have to deal with it best you can.
Edited by iatethem#1370 on 10/29/2012 3:50 AM PDT
God you noobs disgust me

The game has been nerfed on 7 seperate occasions since launch because of you whinging bads

Dont you understand the game has DIFFICULTY SETTINGS FOR A REASON

Go play Hell if inferno is too hard for fuk sake

this

I think you're missing the point. I, personally, wouldn't care if Inferno were ultra difficult (I'd prefer it actually) *if* better (or more interesting) items dropped more often (I play solo/private/and no Auction House FYI). Or, they could redesign the game to not have non-physical skills and spells damage based upon weapon damage.. which is an interesting mechanic but really makes no sense in the game, at all..

But, both of these choices would hurt the Auction House..

A lot of things Blizzard *should* be doing to make the game more interesting and playable (not necessarily easier or harder).. they're not doing because it either would involve an total overhaul of something or they just don't care or they do care but they're afraid of hurting the Auction sales..

I'm grateful we don't pay monthly fees yet, I totally understand that Blizzard wants to make money (although I don't know if they even make so much money on the RMAH), but I think everyone, especially Blizzard, is forget that a game isn't solely about making money or comparing e-you-know-what's.. it should ultimately be about having fun.. and look folks.. I have fun playing this game, but it is also frustratingly bad at times and it a huge disappointment .. I don't even like PvP that much and I'm miffed that they don't have PvP because honestly, PvP would be a welcome distraction from how boring this game can get at times.

FYI.. the damage issues that people are observing, I've observed too and am miffed about.. not because it makes Inferno more difficult (it should be difficult), but just because they applied a bunch of nerfs across the board, and yet again especially to Wizard.. so I felt the nerfing of monsters as well was just in fairness.. but it seems like the monsters have be un-nerfed or something.. maybe even buffed in some cases.. I was testing Monster Power 1 versus no Monster Power prior to the ninja they did and guess what? Monster Power one is far more difficult than no Monster Power was.. I read their chart on how much more difficult it should be and it is far worse than their chart suggests.. Seems like lies on the part of Blizzard to me, but I didn't scientifically test it yet.. I think someone should, someone that works for Blizzard... you know unlike what you did with the ring and a bunch of other parts of the game...
For everyone saying that they are taking more damage idk what your talking about... on my monk with 650ish resist all on MP7 with 70k dps and 550 LOH doesnt seem like i take any extra damage. But if you are having issues with molten,plague,fire chains, etc. you might want to move more often. Since i move around every 2-3 seconds to avoid the spawning of said effects, But i can still sit in the pools for 5 secs or so if needed before blowing serenty or running for my life.

*@philoi, you commenting on how MP1 damage is high with you having no resistances is kinda pointless since you should die instantly anyways.
Edited by Justin#1113 on 10/29/2012 4:04 AM PDT
I noticed this damage spike for a few days, but now it's gone back to normal =S.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]