Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

While 40+ pages worth of smoke would usually suggest that a fire is burning somewhere, I honestly haven't noticed that significant a difference in incoming damage. I normally run mp5-7.

The plague and molten and desecrator pools seem to be doing their usual things. (BTW good job blizzard on the desecrator stack indicator. I love it! Could we have something similar for plague and molten as well?)

Fire chains are still hella painful, especially given the mobs' tendencies to walk around you all the time.

Reflect damage seems to be doing a bit more. (Which could be due to my miniscule improvement in dps. But the dh around me seem to be dying faster and more often now, so I suspect something's up.)

Otherwise, I haven't noticed that much of a difference. Certainly not enough to cause all this furor.

Exactly...

All the people crying are noobs who are like OMG I have 40k dps and 25k life but I can't solo MP10 WTF!!!!?!?!?!

Even if a stealth buff occurred just do whatever MP level fits you.

It's like a fat couch potato trying to complete a triathlon and get 1st place... It's not on his level and he's not going to be able to do it. Should he cry that the triathlon be nerfed just because his fat a$$ can't hang?

Exactly this.
If the dmg was somehow changed, that would be true for everyone. It obviously isnt because we only see a handful of the same people complain - those who claim their 40k dps 25khp char did mp8 before and now cant anymore. No one believes that bs, we can check your profiles.
Secondly, like I said said, if its a bug within the numbers, it would be true for everyone, not just for some people. Yet the dmg hasnt changed for me or anyone else I know. And yes, Id immediatly notice any changes in dmg for I play a melee DH.
10/29/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Carzeri
And yes, Id immediatly notice any changes in dmg for I play a melee DH.

Exactly this. I run my Wizard close quarters style, up close and personal. I have noticed no crazy changes in damage when switching to a lower MP level. I took my monk through an A1 inferno run, and still -- no crazy damage changes. Do you see his crappy gear? I mean, c'mon. If my monk isn't getting wasted by one shots, then I think your argument isn't very sound.

Exactly...

All the people crying are noobs who are like OMG I have 40k dps and 25k life but I can't solo MP10 WTF!!!!?!?!?!

Even if a stealth buff occurred just do whatever MP level fits you.

It's like a fat couch potato trying to complete a triathlon and get 1st place... It's not on his level and he's not going to be able to do it. Should he cry that the triathlon be nerfed just because his fat a$$ can't hang?

Exactly this.
If the dmg was somehow changed, that would be true for everyone. It obviously isnt because we only see a handful of the same people complain - those who claim their 40k dps 25khp char did mp8 before and now cant anymore. No one believes that bs, we can check your profiles.
Secondly, like I said said, if its a bug within the numbers, it would be true for everyone, not just for some people. Yet the dmg hasnt changed for me or anyone else I know. And yes, Id immediatly notice any changes in dmg for I play a melee DH.

All I'm saying is I could farm mp7 before they announced the nerf and now guess what?
I get destroyed in mp10.
Check the nerf topic, new mp10 should have the same dmg (250%) as old mp7.
So the nerf didn't apply.

And just because I don't feel any increase in dmg on mp7 doesn't mean others don't either.
If 40 pages of people say something's wrong, well I believe them.
Edited by Lenor#2744 on 10/29/2012 6:34 AM PDT

Exactly this.

All I'm saying is I could farm mp7 before they announced the nerf and now guess what?
I get destroyed in mp10.

And just because I don't feel any increase in dmg on mp7 doesn't mean others don't either.

Damage was nerfed, monster HP wasn't. While on paper the damage of MP10 has been lowered to that of MP7 pre-patch, the monster HP is still considerably more so the fights last a lot longer meaning you would eat more damage than you would have on the original MP7.
Edited by TrippyHippy#1819 on 10/29/2012 6:47 AM PDT

I get destroyed in mp10.

Damage was nerfed, monster HP wasn't. While on paper the damage of MP10 has been lowered to that of MP7 pre-patch, the monster HP is still considerably more so the fights last a lot longer meaning you would eat more damage than you would have on the original MP7.
When I said destroyed I ment I die almost instantly, I can't do half the dmg I could/can on MP7.
Edited by Lenor#2744 on 10/29/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Need MP20.... MP10 die in 1shots meanwhile with my 26 mil crits..
Blizzard,do you intend to monitor this thread or the issue? I wonder.

If it is the thread you are monitoring, it has been " well maintained " by those whom did not experience any of the issue and the non-believers and the rude defenders by their best efforts to keep defying, denying and insulting everyone experiencing differently from them.

If it is the issue you are monitoring. Any updates will be welcoming.

While 45 pages of reports is a mere drop of water in the vast ocean of the 10 millions players. It is still 45 pages worth of people trying to feedback to you, Blizzard.

Your statement released regarding this issue did not satisfy the growing amounts of people reporting otherwise from your findings.

Keeping quiet till the tides are over will not work.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/29/2012 11:12 AM PDT
i just want to put my 2 cents in, i'm not super geared and my experience with mp0 to mp3 has been the same with elemental damage with elite/champions. it's crazy that in act2 on mp0, i can be killed in less than a second with firechain, while i can blast through everything without taking much damage... something is off...

Your statement released regarding this issue did not satisfy the growing amounts of people reporting otherwise from your findings.

Keeping quiet till the tides are over will not work.

They can only test what they can test. Other than the vague description of "taking way more damage today than yesterday", there isn't a lot else in most of this thread except for a general feeling that difficulty increased after the 1.05a patch. (BTW, I'm not denying this - it seems harder to me too - I reported as such in the thread.)

That this issue seems to affect some, but not all, makes this a much more difficult problem to diagnose / reproduce / debug. Looking at this carefully on friday night, the damage seemed spikey and intermittent to me. I can tell you as a developer that intermittent problems are frequently incredibly difficult to reproduce and debug - especially if the description is vague.

At this point, I think people could help by keeping more detailed notes about WHERE the difficulty increase seems to come from. (e.g. 1 shot by molten in MP X where this didn't happen at all on tuesday, etc.) I think they get the idea that lots of us think the difficulty increased, so chiming in that "yeah, I see this too", probably isn't that helpful at this point.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm personally going to do any more testing, as this isn't that much fun, honestly. I'm half tempted to go back through Act III MP4 2-3 more times to see if I can get a run through the act with only a handful (3-4) deaths over the course of the act. That's what I experienced after the Tuseday hotfix. Maybe that was a fluke though, and I just got the easiest possible mob / affix combos on that run.

Anyway, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard hasn't reproduced this issue yet internally. If they haven't, well, there isn't much else they can say about it except "we aren't seeing it." (This also assumes that people are reporting only a single issue - there are a variety of things people here could be reporting, ranging from one or more legitimate issues, to any number of "l2p" issues. It also assumes we are seeing a real issue - perhaps we are all mistaken. I don't think so - but it is always a possibility given the rather limited tools we have at our disposal to analyze the performance of our characters in D3.)

Best thing you can do if you want to help is to try to document the issue you are seeing as best you can. Details tend to make stuff like this way more actionable. (Also, don't take the bait from the people who troll this thread.)

I trust that they are taking this seriously since they replied to this thread.
Trolling aside for one second here...

Why have none of you making these claims of buffed damage posted any form of video footage of this happening? I mean people are claiming to be insta-gibbed by Molten or Arcanes yet no video footage of this happening.
If some one who is experiencing this was to take some footage, showing their gear and build, then them getting insta-gibbed by one of these elemental affixes, don't you think that would bolster your claims?
Trolling aside for one second here...

Why have none of you making these claims of buffed damage posted any form of video footage of this happening? I mean people are claiming to be insta-gibbed by Molten or Arcanes yet no video footage of this happening.
If some one who is experiencing this was to take some footage, showing their gear and build, then them getting insta-gibbed by one of these elemental affixes, don't you think that would bolster your claims?

It's a fair amount of work to do this, but yes, I agree, this would likely help. Unfortunately, I feel it is pretty unlikely anyone who is reporting this has video showing a run pre-patch for comparison. Still, it would be helpful to show someone face-tanking one pack, and then getting splattered by a substantially similar pack right after.
@Sparkzen,

I read you.

Without no doubts, it is a very tiring and difficult to detect a issue. Many working hours might be exhausted before they could even detect a single error.

However Blizzard has before, ignored and kept quiet when there was a pressing issue handed to them.

It is also important to remind them that consumers do expect a reply or solution to the issue and are waiting.

This is not at all healthy for the relationships for both consumers and Blizzard.

I wish i could have a way to show on my end. Like you mentioned, it is pretty unlikely indeed that anyone has done a pre - patch video for comparison.

I had a situation, where yesterday i realized ( or felt ) that the elemental affix, arcane, damages in mp 0 and mp 4, is making my life going down at a constantly ( similar ) speed rate.

Such observation is of course not useful to the cause, but it does make me ponder. Is the defense - armor and resistance that are the ones having issues instead?

I also realized the reason why some players are not experiencing it, might be due to their DPS based characters, where their damage avoiding style, made it hard for them to experience a change in damages intake.

Most of the reports are made mostly by players playing a tanking style of certain degree.

This is as far as verbal and visual details of a personal observation i can noticed and write about.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/29/2012 11:22 AM PDT
I was taking about 2k damage from each bug shot at me on MP5 a few days ago to now taking 2k on mp5 with with superstition added
10/29/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Coni
I was taking about 2k damage from each bug shot at me on MP5 a few days ago to now taking 2k on mp5 with with superstition added

Could you be kind enough to do a test on lower monster power as well?

Or do a video of your mention situation?

It will prove useful.
The very first day after patch reflect doesn't do much to me... now it seems to be back to the usual crazy damage... but I noticed at times it does a lot at time it does very little reflected damage. I think there's a bug somewhere...?
This is really starting to look like the puzzle ring.

Sometime the goblin is out, sometime it doesn't.

"Eehehehe" - the laughter of the greed goblin.
The damage doesn't seems higher to me in terms of amounts per hit, in fact i can now play at higher MP levels if i wish (althoug i prefer lower ones cause i can kill faster, my dps isn't great since i dont like glass cannon play style).

The main issue i'm experiencing is the frequency at which the damage is dealt by skills like arcane sentry (specially near the center of the spinning beam), molten and fire-chains (the AI for mobs with this affix is simply evil). This is not a big problem if you just avoid standing over them, but if you mix any of those affixes with vortex, frozen and/or waller is when things get scary. I've seen my poor wizzards health drop way too fast after being dragged by vortex next to arcane beams center.
Most of the time that my wizzard died were simply because i did not react fast enough or simply because i had all my utility skills recharing. This really worries me since i'm stacking defensive stats (around 6k armor, 1000 all resistances and 44k health atm), and this affixes simply bypass them.

Just limiting the amount of times any of those affixes effects can hit to, for example, once per second would be a great help preventing those damage spikes.

My profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nomak-2768/
Edited by Nomak#2768 on 10/29/2012 12:07 PM PDT

According to the patch notes, the monsters' hp is the same as it was before 1.05a, but their damage was reduced. It means, if I could do MP7, with the new patch I could do it easier than before, what is not happening. Your logic failed, you should think a bit more before posting.

I used to do mostly MP2, when the patch came out I started to do MP4-3, and overall it still is easier than before, the problem is when I face elemental damage: molten, arcane and desecrator pools always take much more hp from my toon than they did before...

Was my response to your situation? No, I was addressing some one who had jumped up MP levels as a possible reason as to why they were having trouble because the poster was not specific about his use of the word "destroyed" in the origianl post. Maybe don't jump on stuff that wasn't even addressed to you yeah? TY.

@Sparkzen
I know you can't really do a comparison, but I was seeing people saying they were almost being insta-gibbed by elemental attacks. I am currently not experiencing that on MP3 or 4 so I wanted to see it because it would be very evident if something was off if the rest of us could actually see it happening. Maybe it would help Blizzard understand better as well. If things like Armor, HP and AR are displayed prior to dying to an elemental attack in the footage, everyone can see exactly how many ticks the player took versus their EHP, that would instantly show everyone else what you guys are seeing.
It's still not easy to do but it would really get to the bottom of things rather than people saying stuff like "I have 50K HP and died from two ticks of an Arcane Sentry on MP3" Because we don't know if that person is actually telling the truth with no visual evidence.

I'm just trying to help you guys make a case here since this thread is clearly not going to die for a while.
Edited by TrippyHippy#1819 on 10/29/2012 12:10 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]