Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

EU player here and I most definitely felt like I was taking MORE damage last night compared to post hotfix. I even had to ask in /general whether the hotfix had been applied.

It felt like elemental damage went through the roof. Desecrater, plague and mortar were destroying me.

What's the beef here? Did the dev stick the wrong polarity on the damage adjustment amount or something? :/
I tanked ubers with my CM wizzard for a team of dps barbs on mp 6-8 and today when i logged in im not even able to solo act 3 mp3 without getting facerolled... damage is indeed sky high !!! And no dont give me all kind of tin foil crap... i could solo mp10 before patch and farmed mp 6-7 for keys...
7 pages on, beside the usual me myself and I declaration of " you are stupid, tin-foiled and ( insert your own insults ) %$@#@$.

Seem like people indeed whom are experiencing and feeling the changes.

Fingers crossed.

I doubt any Blizzard staffs would address this. Too hot a potato for them?
Not only the damage went up, but it went up like triple time, if you lag a bit, forget about logging in. You will die, i am a WD tank (eu player), and i get destroyed in mp4.where previously i was TANKING UBERS for my friends in MP8, with ease.
They bufed it by a lot, also it looks like the monsters have more armour now, i noticed a decrease in my damage done towards them.
EU player here and I most definitely felt like I was taking MORE damage last night compared to post hotfix. I even had to ask in /general whether the hotfix had been applied.

It felt like elemental damage went through the roof. Desecrater, plague and mortar were destroying me.

What's the beef here? Did the dev stick the wrong polarity on the damage adjustment amount or something? :/

Even player from the EU servers is feeling the same.

May those who too felt it, keeping bumping it to make this a notice and concern.
Well im EU player too and i simply just dont play until this is reverted at least... i invested so much gold into tanking ubers for my barb friends and now all that gold is wasted because i cant even tank mp3 alone =P i just hope Blizzard realise this was a huge mistake and fix it asap.
I hope it stays this way. The nerf wasn't warranted. We all need a challenge to build our characters towards, and the high MP levels offer that challenge. But with the proposed nerf, MP10 isn't really that difficult for above average geared players; it's just inefficient.
@Thor

It does seem like only the monk classes or people who play a tanking style noticed this.

I invested lots of time and golds as well into my monk to tank as well. Now I am forced to change ( gear change again ) into a dps based monk slowly. Which i kind of dislike...

O.o......
Yep seems like it was before the MP dmg nerf.
10/26/2012 01:57 AMPosted by NathanM
I hope it stays this way. The nerf wasn't warranted. We all need a challenge to build our characters towards, and the high MP levels offer that challenge. But with the proposed nerf, MP10 isn't really that difficult for above average geared players; it's just inefficient.

As in you hope it stays as it is now with the monsters hitting harder?

If that is the case, then fine, but Buff MP 10 then, why buff the lower levels of MP...

Its not like every one here can do high MP levels as it is, so to have a choice to scale it as hard as you want is a nice touch, but when you are mainly farming the lower MP levels say 0 - 2, then there isn't much lower you can go unless you go back to hell or nightmare...
NathanM... Seriously ??? we have been forced to regear so many times by blizzard since D3 was released... im really hoping to get to a point where i wont be needed to regear anymore unless i chooseto do it meself because of spec changes... Seriously it feels like Blizzard is only trying to milk the RMAH with all these regular nerfs and buffs...

If i want to be forced to change gear all the time i would play WOW but this is not WOW...
10/26/2012 01:57 AMPosted by NathanM

While your desires is correct and personal. The issue of this thread is that the damages was raised without letting the players knowing.

The issue is not yet confirmed. If confirmed, it is still a question was it intentional or accidental?

MP10 should be hard. I agreed. ( I do not see any reasons why any players want to go way over their head to play on a level which does not offer much bonus beside XP and Magic finds. All which could be overcome with grinding for levels. )

However to make such changes while claiming openly that defensive nerf to all classes to scale in the name of balancing, does not justify any gaming reasoning.

IF it is done intentionally. It is right as well, to reconfigure the original defensive amount of patch 1.04 to players as well.

Changes and undoing are not a problem. However, changing and undoing on monster damage while making the players weaker is.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 2:05 AM PDT
Well i guess i'll make a post too...here it goes:

It may be a tinfoil hat issue but i have noticed a difference as well. (EU player here btw)

- 3 Player Kulle and Siegebreaker Ubers now nearly destroy us in MP3 where we could easily kill them on MP4 before. (Can it REALLY be so much bad luck just...?)

- Firechain Damage (and maybe other affix) increased! It was no problem @ MP4 before @ ~ 900 res all. Now @ 1100 res all (turned prismatic back on) i get more dmg than before... O_o

Well or onyxia deep breaths more!
Well i guess i'll make a post too...here it goes:

It may be a tinfoil hat issue but i have noticed a difference as well. (EU player here btw)

- 3 Player Kulle and Siegebreaker Ubers now nearly destroy us in MP3 where we could easily kill them on MP4 before. (Can it REALLY be so much bad luck just...?)

- Firechain Damage (and maybe other affix) increased! It was no problem @ MP4 before @ ~ 900 res all. Now @ 1100 res all (turned prismatic back on) i get more dmg than before... O_o

Well or onyxia deep breaths more!

Go figure, I am on 1468 resistance with a shield on and all my resistance based gears. And i go flat down like pizza.
I also just want to add to my other comment, to be honest MP 10 was never going to hold over the best players for long no matter how hard they make it...

Since those with godly end-game gear are always going to rip through all types of monsters with their million+ DPS, unless Blizz decides to make it basically impossible for any one to beat any monster on MP10 by making them 90% invulnerable to all attacks and dish out over 1Mill attacks...
Edited by Mastermind#3482 on 10/26/2012 2:06 AM PDT
side note, since this games running worse and causing much higher cpu usage
I also just want to add to my other comment, to be honest MP 10 was never going to hold over the best players for long no matter how hard they make it...

Since those with godly end-game gear are always going to rip through all types of monsters with their million+ DPS, unless Blizz decides to make it basically impossible for any one to beat any monster on MP10 by making them 90% invulnerable to all attacks and dish out over 1Mill attacks...

That might breed a festered pool of self boasting no life gamer.

" I done MP10, you can't NOOB! "
^ They already do that as is more or less, so really not much difference there, not to mention, i have a life outside this game, so they can call me a D3 Noob all they want, since at least i have a life...

Reminds me of first few weeks of Diablo3 . Nobody had gear and everyone was getting one shotted. Much rage ensued. lulz, good times...
Mastermind
View profile
^ They already do that as is more or less, so really not much difference there, not to mention, i have

well at least this thread still quite troll free....but......bite me tongue.....they are lurking everywhere...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]