Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

Reminds me of first few weeks of Diablo3 . Nobody had gear and everyone was getting one shotted. Much rage ensued. lulz, good times...

Jolly good times aye?
hahaha
Time to roll out the beers.

The new 1.05a is the old 1.01?

Ooooo
^ Unfortunately i doubt the beers will help...

They need to stop secretly buffing / nerfing everything and come straight out and tell people when and what they plan on changing before implementing it...

Since really at this rate, a lot of those players who threatened to quit, will actually walk away and never turn back... heck on my friends list the longest player away has been gone for over 180 days already, and even the few that did sometimes come back for new patches have stopped too...

So i'm sure around the world, there are a significant number of people who are getting turned off by all these secret buffs / nerfs / and other problems with this game...
^ Unfortunately i doubt the beers will help...

They need to stop secretly buffing / nerfing everything and come straight out and tell people when and what they plan on changing before implementing it...

Since really at this rate, a lot of those players who threatened to quit, will actually walk away and never turn back... heck on my friends list the longest player away has been gone for over 180 days already, and even the few that did sometimes come back for new patches have stopped too...

So i'm sure around the world, there are a significant number of people who are getting turned off by all these secret buffs / nerfs / and other problems with this game...

I had friend who had not being online that last well.

Agreed. I think it might really put people so off that they really walk away, if there is / are really any secret buffs/ nerfs.

Personally, i am with you as well as i had posted earlier on that if they did made any changes. They should just go public with it. There isn't much to hide anyway isn't it? People noticed and will notice no matter what they do.
^ True, and wasn't Jay or Wyatt that said when they make changes, they add / subtract at least 50% to those changes so it makes it obvious to players...

Well, to me, this change definitely seems obvious enough, since i swear i had to start using potions again to keep my life up when dealing with certain elites / champion packs...
Oh yea, you telling.

I am using potion as well to keep me up as well.

Guess they found a a way to make people start using potion again? aye?

O.o
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 3:10 AM PDT
I have felt the same. Dmg is more spikey. Something was done for sure.
It feels (to me and my friends) like the damage increased quite a bit. I noticed it, when my life per hit suddenly wasn't enough any more to take normal hits from a single champion when wearing my mf equip.

It would be really nice to get a blue response.

Since there was nothing about it in the patchnotes, maybe we should regard this as a bug (even if it may was a stealth buff/nerf) and all start to report it in order to get blizzards attention?
It just seems so contradictory to the announcement they made.

For obvious reasons they can't tell us about everything little thing they've done in a hotfix, but if one of those things was to then increase damage (or some aspects of damage) by 50% after the 25% damage nerf - we should probably know about it because it directly affects the way we gear.

Edit: Is it only affecting certain people or certain classes, btw? In all honesty the impact was so obvious to me last night I was kinda expecting more threads about it. EU Monk here.
Edited by Rumpy#2543 on 10/26/2012 4:07 AM PDT
Hey, EU Gamer here.

On patchday i noticed the game to be far more easy. I could faceroll mp10 with my barb and a friend in duogame. Now: Yesterday i upgraded my Gear a bit. Thus i went to test it in mp10 last night. First RP: Reflec Dmg, Molten, Electricity. Holy !@#$. I had 0 Problems until that point, and then i went down like a marshmellow in fire on that combo. Kinda weird case we got here.
I would like Blizzard to acknowledge this.
Thanks in advance.
Another EU Gamer here. :-)

i noticed the difference yesterday evening for sure.
Had serious issues to stay alive with ~1800 LOH (playin' act3, mp1 only. Gear´s too bad for more...), but definitely had absolutely no problems at patchday (and not before)!

The worst thing happend, while walking over a groundfire in the Bastion.
No enemy in sight and at full health (~30K) the fire one-shooted me while walking over it.
"Killed by dungeon"

WTF???
I've noticed the huge increase in those groundfire walkways as well.

It seems that either all elemental damage has increased, or elemental resistance effectiveness has been nerfed.
I also play EU.

Are there any US or ASIA based players here that noticed the same increase in damage?

Otherwise this may be some bug on the EU servers.

Edit: Maybe they just switched "-" and "+" and instead of -25% monster damage we got +25% :D
Edited by c4ligo#2269 on 10/26/2012 4:40 AM PDT
I wonder if they doubled something ?
Another EU Gamer here. :-)

i noticed the difference yesterday evening for sure.
Had serious issues to stay alive with ~1800 LOH (playin' act3, mp1 only. Gear´s too bad for more...), but definitely had absolutely no problems at patchday (and not before)!

The worst thing happend, while walking over a groundfire in the Bastion.
No enemy in sight and at full health (~30K) the fire one-shooted me while walking over it.
"Killed by dungeon"

WTF???

The fire from under dungeon in Act 3 is a long known bug that the fire ignores your armor and resist, and hence deal the same amout of damage no matter you are geared or not. However, it is probably not enough to one-shot you but rather 2-3 shots....

For similar ground fire in act 1 with the same monster power, the damage is quite neglectable. It is quite funny to see Blizzard remove the intial tick when the ground fire come out in 1.05 but not seriously deal with the bugged damage.
Honestly its not that bad me thinks. Same as ysterday and the day before.
I also play EU.

Are there any US or ASIA based players here that noticed the same increase in damage?

Otherwise this may be some bug on the EU servers.

Edit: Maybe they just switched "-" and "+" and instead of -25% monster damage we got +25% :D

Me here in EU as well. Feeling the damage is not properly scaled as they announced.
I thought it was me!!
or just bad game rolls

agree with

You are not alone, and i am not going mad too.
It is also not tin foiled thinking.

For those who truly tank, they could sense and see the difference. ( please don't make comment that this is not the "right" way to play. Everyone has their own preferred ways of playing the game )

I did made a comment on this issue recently, and got replies which didn't seem to answer the question.

Damages had indeed gone up.

It is not the affix. Arcane, as a stand alone is damaging more.

Fire damages have seriously gone up and putting serious numbers.

Ninja buff and nerf again? I suppose? It has happened before.
I have posted a redirect of the OP original thread to the bug forum.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004030715#1

May it be of use to address the concern about possible damage increase.
I noticed this as well.

Prior to the hotfix that nerfed the damage by 25%, I was able to run shocknadoshards on my Wiz up to MP5, and anything above that I simply had to switch to either Crystal Shell or Energy Armor, or both for even higher.

After the hotfix that nerfed the damage by 25%, I could run shocknadoshards up to MP7 without so much as a sweat.

Playing for a few hours yesterday, I could barely survive in MP4 running shocknadoshards.

What.
The.
F.
I have taken a look at the profiles of the players posting an increase in damage and it does look like this "bug" is occuring on both EU and US.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]