Diablo® III

Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

I also play EU.

Are there any US or ASIA based players here that noticed the same increase in damage?

Otherwise this may be some bug on the EU servers.

Edit: Maybe they just switched "-" and "+" and instead of -25% monster damage we got +25% :D

Me here in EU as well. Feeling the damage is not properly scaled as they announced.

Oh yea...guess they should rebuff our defense back in the name of "balancing" the game, if this assumed bug is real.
I have posted a redirect of the OP original thread to the bug forum.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004030715#1

May it be of use to address the concern about possible damage increase.

You should not have used an all caps thread title. I think that's against the forum rules, so blizz will most likely close the thread.
TheMoj
View profile
I noticed this as well.

Prior to the hotfix that nerfed the damage by 25%, I was able to run shocknadoshards on my Wiz up to MP5, and anything above that I simply had to switch to either Crystal Shell or Energy Armor, or both for even higher.

After the hotfix that nerfed the damage by 25%, I could run shocknadoshards up to MP7 without so much as a sweat.

Playing for a few hours yesterday, I could barely survive in MP4 running shocknadoshards.

What.
The.
F.

Clapping for you, at least you are doing MP4. I am a coward, so i went back to MP2 from MP4 - 5.
I have posted a redirect of the OP original thread to the bug forum.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004030715#1

May it be of use to address the concern about possible damage increase.

You should not have used an all caps thread title. I think that's against the forum rules, so blizz will most likely close the thread.

Noted and i had re-post the title. The cap title was the original title capped by LordSpanky.
Did not knew about this forum rule.

Thank you for letting me know about this forum rule.

( Hehe personally i would have put bigger font size. :P )
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 5:04 AM PDT
It just seems so contradictory to the announcement they made.

For obvious reasons they can't tell us about everything little thing they've done in a hotfix, but if one of those things was to then increase damage (or some aspects of damage) by 50% after the 25% damage nerf - we should probably know about it because it directly affects the way we gear.

Edit: Is it only affecting certain people or certain classes, btw? In all honesty the impact was so obvious to me last night I was kinda expecting more threads about it. EU Monk here.

From the responses here. It seem like this assumed bug isn't affecting everyone. However, oddly there is a higher percentage of the responses coming from the Monk class?

Are they out to wipe out us? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the plot thicken once more.......!
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 10/26/2012 5:09 AM PDT
I think Barbs have noticed.

Wait; maybe the 30% melee damage reduction code got annotated out? :/
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

think Barbs have noticed.

Wait; maybe the 30% melee damage reduction code got annotated out? :/

That could be possible as well. Perhaps the damages did not increase, but 30% melee reduction got took out somehow by accident?
I demand that somebody who's not at work test this theory!

Do Monks and Barbs still take 30% less damage?
10/26/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Dutchmilk
However, oddly there is a higher percentage of the responses coming from the Monk class?

Feels the same to me. Still standing in 3 stacked pools of desecration tanking reflect mobs in mp 5 with garbage gear.
I felt something was wrong...I am a monk and was soloing MP 6 with ease until yesterday.

I started dying left and right to bull!@#$ packs just from melee attacks.

Something def. went wrong with this patch, they either increased the damage for each MP or they removed some hidden mitigation feature.

My gear is pretty damn good, I actually added 50 more resists and 5K more HP and still take significantly more damage than 2 or 3 days ago.
Edited by Vanguard#1381 on 10/26/2012 5:18 AM PDT
lol w8ed to take new oculus and from easiest mp4 go to mp5
and i stuck on mp4

little oftopic :
any got problem to create infernal machine ?
as a Dh i noticed it right away, the damage is way more than what it was pre patch yesterday for sure! Infact, several friends I run with noticed it too as we were dieing left and right!
I usualy farm mp5, I thought i'd do a couple quick runs yesterday night, so i set up mp4 and storm out the gates... dead haha
I kept checking the top right hand corner of my screen to confirm i was indeed in an mp4 run...yet stuff hurt like mad...
Figured i was tired and should have skipped the glass of scotch i had, so i went to be.... then this thread
Its not just monks and barbs im playing wizzard and got same increase in damage taken...
I usualy farm mp5, I thought i'd do a couple quick runs yesterday night, so i set up mp4 and storm out the gates... dead haha
I kept checking the top right hand corner of my screen to confirm i was indeed in an mp4 run...yet stuff hurt like mad...
Figured i was tired and should have skipped the glass of scotch i had, so i went to be.... then this thread
When I got off work last night I logged on for a quick run....was smashed in areas that I was able to face roll the day b4.....something got changed with that last patch....
I concur, noticed the same thing yesterday when playing , seem like dmg went up ...
i agree its funny how there has been no blue since 1.o.5a on any topic not even there usual drbble
I was getting one shot by Leoric uber fight in mp5 yesterday. The day before I was doing MP7 carrying 2 ppl and was not getting killed. Something is definitely wrong.
Just as another drop in the bucket, mp4 dropped to mp3.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]