Diablo® III

Feels like I'm playing a Diablo game again

Just tried 1.0.5a for the first time today (no PTR for me, and I had kinda given up on 1.0.4.) Wow... it's actually fun to play! My demon hunter finally feels like one, instead of being the hunted. My brother's barb can actually kill mobs and live to tell the tale, without being a running, spinning pansy. And to top it all, not all drops are immediately vendored. We got a nice Gidbin, a 200+ Mara and a not-half-bad Windforce in maybe three hours (which is more usable legendaries than we'd gotten in the past three months,) plus a couple of upgrades. Also, finally downed Big D, so yay! Just saying, us four-hours-a-week guys can finally play us a Diablo game. It's still far from 2-minute Pindle runs, but come on, even that grew boring after eight years or so :)
Reply Quote
I've found myself playing the game quite often the last days, despite myself...

Finding a Tyraels within a few hours is bribery on Blizzards part, plain and simple, but damn if it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
I'd suggest that you start infernal machine once the item hunt gets too boring. If you start feeling down that you aren't getting upgrades any more, time for organ grinding. Have fun. =)
Reply Quote
No wide open areas to kill stuff for exp.
No games filled with 8 people
No set and legendary drops on a semi high bases
Items that are worthless because 1 particular stat isn't there.
No duel games.

Doesn't feel like diablo to me
Edited by Providence#1541 on 10/28/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No wide open areas to kill stuff for exp. -Except in every Act
No games filled with 8 people - True, this would be cool.
No set and legendary drops on a semi high bases - Three legendaries in one run seems more than enough for me.
Items that are worthless because 1 particular stat isn't there. - Welcome to.... any game ever.
No duel games. - You must mean "grief games".

My opinion, you're a pissy little drama queen if you "don't feel like this is a Diablo game".
Edited by Hefeweizen#1327 on 10/28/2012 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I agree with OP. I am having lots of fun now after patch 1.0.5a
Reply Quote
No duel games.

There are so many places to kill stuff for xp.
Diablo is not only a multi-player game. in fact I rarely play it multi-player, in either D2 or D3.
there is enough chance to make that irrelevant.
that happens more frequently on D2 then D3, especially since you could only gear one character from your game, you can now gear 10.
I've never ever used that feature. Don't plan on it either.
Reply Quote
No wide open areas to kill stuff for exp. -Except in every Act
No games filled with 8 people - True, this would be cool.
No set and legendary drops on a semi high bases - Three legendaries in one run seems more than enough for me.
Items that are worthless because 1 particular stat isn't there. - Welcome to.... any game ever.
No duel games. - You must mean "grief games".

My opinion, you're a pissy little drama queen if you "don't feel like this is a Diablo game".

Except in every act - I dont think you remember what the cow level was like or what exp in d2 was like. Most of a3 isn't wide open area, and most of it is spent in extremely long hallways. The only large area thats even like d2 in A3 is fields of slaughter

Three legends in one run seems more than enough for me - How long are those runs taking you? You could get that much in a mephisto run which would take you 5 minutes.

Welcome to... any game ever - More anecdotal evidence and completely irrelevant. D2 wasn't like this. I could get by on a piece of gear without + skills or strength on it. Any gear that isn't tailored with a main stat here is 99% assured to be garbage off the bat to me.

You must mean "grief games" - no, i mean duel games. If i meant grief games I would have said grief games.

Your arguments are stupid and invalid
Reply Quote
No duel games.

Diablo is not only a multi-player game. in fact I rarely play it multi-player, in either D2 or D3.
that happens more frequently on D2 then D3, especially since you could only gear one character from your game, you can now gear 10.

Long corridors and dungeons wore off its appeal in nightmare. Nearly all of this game is just a long corridor and sets of hallways and rooms with very few open areas.

You didn't play multiplayer. Thats cool. I did, and a lot of other people did. Having an online game where you not only have half the people available to play with as before, but also a game that almost entirely makes single player better isn't ideal to me. Just because it caters to you doesn't mean it caters to everyone.

I don't know what you mean, I geared up all of my characters, and I had more of them.

Well, again, glad you are happy. I'm not, and I'm sure a lot of others arent happy that there arent duel games.
Reply Quote

Long corridors and dungeons wore off its appeal in nightmare. Nearly all of this game is just a long corridor and sets of hallways and rooms with very few open areas.

You didn't play multiplayer. Thats cool. I did, and a lot of other people did. Having an online game where you not only have half the people available to play with as before, but also a game that almost entirely makes single player better isn't ideal to me. Just because it caters to you doesn't mean it caters to everyone.

I don't know what you mean, I geared up all of my characters, and I had more of them.

Well, again, glad you are happy. I'm not, and I'm sure a lot of others arent happy that there arent duel games.

first, D3 doesn't cater to me. I just have different expectations then you do. It is not stacked for single player. I play it that way because I'm easily distracted, and prefer to do things in my own time, or I don't feel like worrying about a crappy player who stays in town all game joining my team. Or because the two characters I play most are set to MP 10. Multiplayer is fun, but I just never got into is (I also had horrible lag, which is why I'm still leery about Multiplayer)

any of the diablo games are filled with corridors. and D3 has a lot of open spaces, most of act one, the desert in act 2, theres the battle field in act 3, and the bridge isn't a small coridor by any means. act 4, the hell areas.
In D2 your characters don't share an inventory. In D3 they do. Yes in either game you can gear you characters, but only in D3 can you easily use one character to gear them all. in D2 you had to contact a third part to transfer your items to a different character. Which was risky, since they could just vanish after getting the item from you. Your gold from one character couldn't be used to buy items from another for the same reason.
Reply Quote

first, D3 doesn't cater to me. I just have different expectations then you do. It is not stacked for single player. I play it that way because I'm easily distracted, and prefer to do things in my own time, or I don't feel like worrying about a crappy player who stays in town all game joining my team. Or because the two characters I play most are set to MP 10. Multiplayer is fun, but I just never got into is (I also had horrible lag, which is why I'm still leery about Multiplayer)

any of the diablo games are filled with corridors. and D3 has a lot of open spaces, most of act one, the desert in act 2, theres the battle field in act 3, and the bridge isn't a small coridor by any means. act 4, the hell areas.
In D2 your characters don't share an inventory. In D3 they do. Yes in either game you can gear you characters, but only in D3 can you easily use one character to gear them all. in D2 you had to contact a third part to transfer your items to a different character. Which was risky, since they could just vanish after getting the item from you. Your gold from one character couldn't be used to buy items from another for the same reason.

MP has effectively killed public games. There's no reason to join, and there was already very little reason to join anyway. You are better off playing privately. Farming efficiency, the lack of bonus of multiplayers and the penalization only serve to push people into single player mode, or at best playing with people who you know. Believe it or not, a lot of us would like to both be efficient, play on MP, and play in public games, but this game is getting tailored to that is both stupid and impossible (cant bring up MP in public)

Yes d2 is filled with corridors and dungeons but this game is more so. A3, all but 2 zones are long hallways. Bridge is still a long hallway, it just happens to be the widest in the game. A2 is surprisingly about half and half, and a1 is almost 2/3 dungeon/corridor. The novelty wears off, and when farming, most of the open areas aren't even ideal because monsters are so spread out which means if you're going for exp or farming, dungeons are far more ideal.

Too be fair, you actually didn't have to do this. You could make a private game, wait in it for 5 minutes, then leave and if you rejoin in less than a minute, the game is still there. No third party needed. Gold in that game also was completely worthless outside of repairing items.
Reply Quote
it doesn't feel like Diablo to me either

but getting CLOSER !

o(^▽^)o
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's great to hear that so many of you are enjoying patch 1.0.5. :)

I'm personally loving being able to set Monster Power levels. What's your favorite part of the new patch?
Reply Quote

I'm personally loving being able to set Monster Power levels. What's your favorite part of the new patch?

I love that key wardens give an actual purpose to farming different acts, act 4 is still lacking though once you have the plans.
Reply Quote
The Fact that I actually see legendaries now! So stoked.
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Xianath
Just tried 1.0.5a for the first time today (no PTR for me, and I had kinda given up on 1.0.4.) Wow... it's actually fun to play! My demon hunter finally feels like one, instead of being the hunted. My brother's barb can actually kill mobs and live to tell the tale, without being a running, spinning pansy. And to top it all, not all drops are immediately vendored. We got a nice Gidbin, a 200+ Mara and a not-half-bad Windforce in maybe three hours (which is more usable legendaries than we'd gotten in the past three months,) plus a couple of upgrades. Also, finally downed Big D, so yay! Just saying, us four-hours-a-week guys can finally play us a Diablo game. It's still far from 2-minute Pindle runs, but come on, even that grew boring after eight years or so :)
Running and spinning pansy? LOL wait for pvp bud, can't wait to show you what those pansy's can do :)
Reply Quote

i personally thought the ubers were awesome. Something about the monsters chosen, the scenery, and the music picked just hit every note perfectly. I actually have fun doing them even when I don't get my organs.

MP is a nice addition cause you can set difficulty, although it still needs tweeking.

Legendary drop rates improved are a nice change as well. I feel like when I farm "a legendary is right around the corner" now.
Reply Quote
I like hunting for keys. Gives me a bonus item to find every time I'm farming. Good addition. Also makes me want to farm different acts, so game feels much more varied now.
Reply Quote

Monster Power.
though I both love (profit) and hate (unrealistic) the spike this caused in the low level essence price. I always undervalue it, to make myself feel better. (the horns should be more as they are rarer but are fairly cheap for some reason)

I also like that you can use pages to form books, but you should be able to do the reverse as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]