Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

Thanks Genesis. Basically i love WF so i dont think i will swap to manti. I will miss the aps. Nats reflection is a good call, but i really want one with crit chance but its a bit expensive so for now i will wear my hellfire for more farming.

Still praying for that one drop to save my dh.

Your DH tank is pretty amazing haha. Is it over a million ehp?
@ Genesis: Silly, I know, but the calamity is the best fit for now. I'd love to get a manti that would raise my dps but I'm kinda stuck on what to look for. I guess the problem is that I haven't come up with a good way of figuring out what a purchase will do before I make it. There are some estimator apps for android I know but I can't seem to find a decent one for windows.

The best one that I've tried was a 92 CD 2 soc manti with 1079 dps and no dex. 10m doesn't buy much better and is about my budget for a weapon. Still didn't give me enough of a damage bump to justify losing marked for death, the attack speed, hatred regen, and lifesteal with calamity I got for the same price.
Edited by Cerberus#1425 on 11/12/2012 12:49 AM PST
Hey hello there.

I'm trying to push my DH to 60 to start playing.
Have been on my WD ever since i started D3.

So with 0 knowledge on DH playing, a few questions i'd like to ask:

1. Any builds that majority of the DH are using? Or there's a lot of different combis?

2. Should I gear differently for different builds?

Only planning on spending 10m to try out DH first.. Hope I can get some help here!
I just got back to this game after a few months of break, so I still have the old Nats set. I'm curious if I should keep it or upgrade to different pieces, or rather where I should upgrade my next piece. I'm pretty poor atm, only have around 8mill to spend because when I quit months ago I sold all my gold for $

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/telandra-1575/Telandra/285940

If you see anything obvious for me to change please let me know, I've been looking around trying to catch up because of all the new upgraded sets and uniques but it's taking awhile.

Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope the monsters drop a better dml for me @.@
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Petergriffin-3801/hero/16087419

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/petergriffin-3801/LisaSimpson/16087419

sucessful case here :D, I followed Genesis's advice.

Used 90mil to buy the new

Manticore + 2x 100% crit gem
Vile Ward shoulders
Mempo helm
Strongarms
Inna's temperance
new Amulet

Now my EHP unbuffed from 378k to 410k
DPS from unbuffed 89k to 135k
Armor 3500 to 4200

Totally made my life easier !Thansk dude :D
Edited by Petergriffin#3801 on 11/12/2012 6:11 AM PST
I could use some help as well, any input would be appreciated, I have droped some DEX to up some other areas (Armor and CD with a bit of CC boost). Thanks for the input!
Awesome advice Genesis, I just got a decent Mempo off the AH, it buffed my eHP by over 30k, and increased my paperdoll DPS by 1k. Haven't had the chance to test the swap from CC to attack speed's interaction with Nightstalker yet but I have high hopes for it!

By the way, what crit % do you think would be the absolute minimum in order to keep Nightstalker worth having? I used to think it was about 50% + but that was with the Cluster Arrow build. Now with NT I seem to generate a lot more discipline.
@Teslarge

You're definitely not the first person to say that! Stcik with it if you like it. There are a couple top DHs who can pull of a WF. Not sure which DH build you saw. I was dicking around and wanted to see how much eHP I could get, so if that's the build you saw, I was at 2m. My actual build has around 500k; a bit more with a vit gem in my helm, a bit less with an exp gem.

@Cerberus

Have you checked out build calculator/simulator where I put my builds? That is absolutely the thing I would suggest you use before buying ANYTHING. I'd suggest you stick to a high DPS 1 soc. While that 2 soc isn/t bad actually (surprised it was only 10m), a 1 soc with high DPS will end up giving you more bang for your buck.

@philomath

I'm sure you'll love DH. I know I did! While you're in lower end gear, basically anything goes. Just try to get decent CC, CD, 1.6+ attacks per second, 300 AR and 40k HP. That's a pretty general target, but realistically, 10m won't get you the stuff you need to be able to steamroll anything.

If you ever decide to go to a full blown DH, check out the sample build in my first post. A lot of those set items and legendaries are really good (and therefore frequently used). I would just stick to one set of gear, especially if you only want to put 10m into it.

@Telandra

Since your leg nats set is neither complete nor a high end (the two general requirements for leg nats to be worth it), I'd suggest you move to a new set. I generally recommend 3 piece nats (being the ring, armour and boots) while using a mempo as your headgear. That will give you a nice DPS boost and the mempo will cover your bases for eHP.

In general, I suggest you keep workiong on your CC, CD and your attack speed a little bit. Two piece inna's helps with AS, CC and DPS in a big way. Take a look at my sample build - it will give you a direction to go in.

@LeFluffy

No problem. They haven't been kind to me lately :(

@Petergriffen

That's what I like to see! Great job, I'm glad it worked out for you. Test out inna's belt - see how that would help you. They are cheap too!

@SpectorV

Your eHP is in good shape (over 375k), so now I think it's time to work on DPS. Your AS and CC are reasonable, but your CD is on the low side (given you are using a 2 soc bow). My CD is nearly 500% with a 2 soc, so see if you can get that somewhere around 400-450. (or 300-350 with a 1 soc). I'd probably suggest you get a high damage 1 soc manti. It will give you a huge DPS boost since your 2 soc has very low damage. I dropped my 1075 DPS 2 soc for my current one and ended up gaining something like 6-8k DPS, plus a bunch of eHP (dodge and str). I think your AS would be fine if you were to get 18-19% AS on your DML really easily (plus higher dex and vit honestly) since you don't appear to care about the bonus on it (which is fine).

@Firestorm

Excellent! As for night stalker, I've my upgrades have caused me to go +/- 5% CC and honestly haven't noticed any issues. Haven't been less than 50% in a while though, so I don't really know at what point it starts to suck (if it ever does). I do recall back when I first tried it, my CC would have been in the 40s and it still worked quite well. You're at 45+ so that should be perfectly fine. I'm not sure what the proc is like with NT, but with BL it's basically good enough so that if I pump a room full of things with it, my disc is full, Even against an elite pack, I can often regain just enough to avoid the use of prep for most (in higher MPs that is, lower MPs everything just dies).

Point being, I'm sure you'll be fine with your CC and night stalker. If not, try out vengeance. I don't think it's as useful personally, but some people swear by it. I just don't like the idea of only getting disc regen when you get globes. It might be alright for low MP farming, but for high MP, absolutely use NS.
Glad I found this thread. I know I need to upgrade my gems but have no idea about what direction I should be going with my build. I'm sure there are obvious improvements to be made but I'm relatively new to the DH and could really use your help.

Thanks for looking and all advice is appreciated!

@SpectorV

Your eHP is in good shape (over 375k), so now I think it's time to work on DPS. Your AS and CC are reasonable, but your CD is on the low side (given you are using a 2 soc bow). My CD is nearly 500% with a 2 soc, so see if you can get that somewhere around 400-450. (or 300-350 with a 1 soc). I'd probably suggest you get a high damage 1 soc manti. It will give you a huge DPS boost since your 2 soc has very low damage. I dropped my 1075 DPS 2 soc for my current one and ended up gaining something like 6-8k DPS, plus a bunch of eHP (dodge and str). I think your AS would be fine if you were to get 18-19% AS on your DML really easily (plus higher dex and vit honestly) since you don't appear to care about the bonus on it (which is fine).

Thanks for the reply and information it was greatly appreciated. I have another 1 Sock Manticore (1097 dps, 821 LOH, 190 Dex). Should I go back, with my current my DPS went up 5k, and it has no other stats really worth mentioning. I want to get a better one, but I need to save up a good bit first and with my current one I do have a bit more DPS (5k or so).

You are spot on with my AS, I am hoping to pick up some Inna's pants to gain a bit more AS.... but I cant take the AR loss (to costly to buy with good AR for me currently). I will keep an eye out for a better DML with at least 18% as that would be a good boost.

I am having trouble finding a place to get more CD without spending a fortune, any recommendations? I cant afford a nat's ring with it, my skull grasp could go but I would lose dex. I cant afford a Witching Hour and my gloves are not cheap enough to upgrade any there :(

I will try to squeeze more Dex out of some pieces here and there, I was nearly at 2500 but I had to reduce to increase armor, life, etc to not die :). I have considered inna's pants/belt but I would lose 100 AR in the process and vitality....

Finally, I have another set of pants with 15 less dex and 39 less Vit, but I gain 205 armor and 20 more AR, should I swap them out or keep the ones I have?

Thanks!
Edited by SpectorV#1238 on 11/12/2012 10:21 AM PST
Anybody have advice on my build? still haven't hit 100k dps.
@Genesis: Actually I picked that one up for 3.6m, flipped it for 5.5m. All the way up to 10m though it seems like I couldn't do better. Maybe I should have sold it for more, eh? By all means let me know what build calculator you're using. I just need one that does ehp and dps and allows you to test gear before buying it.
Slowly getting there! The only change that doesn't seem to have updated yet today is that I have a 1k DPS Calamity now replacing the rare 1h xbow. I'm tapped on gold again, but eventually want to upgrade the Danetta's Spite. One of my old CC/IAS rings is in my stash right now to replace the HF ring when I need more DPS. Haven't gotten into buying a mempo yet, but may look into it later for EHP, though I think I'd have to sacrifice some CC since those are a little pricey for me right now.
Thanks to your great advice to other players, I finally broke the 100k barrier with an amulet I found last night. Never spent more than three million at the auction on any one piece, found alot.I know, there's a long way to go but I had to let you know what a service you are providing to the many readers of your posts. Genesis I salute you!
Edited by MORG#1192 on 11/12/2012 1:49 PM PST
Hi, im looking to upgrade my dps with only archery, w.o follower to over 100k, i am currently sitting at 92k, the gear on diabloprogress.com havent updated for a while (so plz take a look at my current profile, and i have requested them to update, so maybe when u read this it will be updated)

im really liking the bow, so i dont think switching to a crossbow would be the answer for me, btw i might be switching to a rare bow with higher damage socket and lifesteal (do u think thats better or i should stick with windforces for their knockback?)

so if you can please tell me what are some of the cheapest upgrades i can make to my gear to hit the 100k limit :) tyvm, and i wish to have enough resistence/armor/hp to run mp 5-6 (and what dps/AR/armor/hp do u suggest i have for mp7?)

thanks again, hope to hear from you.
Edited by Deathree#1627 on 11/12/2012 11:27 PM PST
A little help would be precious to me, thank you very much in advance, in particular i'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to improve my build keeping my one hnded crossbow build and not using the manticore (yes, i know i sound like a hipster)
can you please look at my gear/build and let me know one thing I can change to dramatically improve my dps for farming quicker?
please look at my profile, really confuse what to do. i used to be a DW but recently i just changed my build to 1hd+DML. i would like some advice please to boost my dps.
Hey Genesis thanks for the advice you gave me awhile back. I recently decided to ditch the legacy nats and i'm surprised that night stalker does keep my discipline filled up most of the time. I was wondering what pieces i should upgrade to increase my dps without loosing much survivalbilty. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]