Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

I just started playing DH again after a long hiatus. I spent about 100M regearing myself and I'm at about 185K dps. Do you think I can reach 200K dps without replacing my manticore or lowering my ehp? I'm sure I can improve my ammy, but I'm not sure it will be enough to get to 200K.

My profile doesn't show it, but I've replaced my Andy with a socketed version already.
I just started playing DH again after a long hiatus. I spent about 100M regearing myself and I'm at about 185K dps. Do you think I can reach 200K dps without replacing my manticore or lowering my ehp? I'm sure I can improve my ammy, but I'm not sure it will be enough to get to 200K.

My profile doesn't show it, but I've replaced my Andy with a socketed version already.

If I were in your position, I would change out your innas chest for nats, get nats boots and ring (replace the left one). The 3 piece set bonus alone should push you over 200k DPS. Then replace your pants with innas pants for even more DPS. I experimented with inna's chest once, but found it wasn't optimal, particularly now that mempos are even more amazing. You basically want to take advantage of nats 3 piece bonus and use your headgear slot to do whatever you want. I avoid andy's since they aren't much stronger than cheap mempos and offer nearly no eHP compared to a mempo. Having said all that, your build looks excellent. Well done.
I recently came back to D3 after a few months of not playing. I spent some minor gold on gear to boost my survivability and I've farmed Act 1 a bit. I'm just sort of at a loss on what to do next at this point. I purchased a cheap Manticore which helps a lot, but I really don't know what pieces to go after next.

Thanks in advance! I've learned a lot from reading through the thread.
hi there, please help me see which is the best gear for me to upgrade next?
i cant seem to find a good upgrade for most of them without costing a bomb >.<

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/peterpan-1208/PhantomMiria/2370443

thanks
Edited by PeterPan#1208 on 11/21/2012 7:39 AM PST
Belated thanks for the help, Genesis. I didn't get as good a mempo as I might have wanted, but it was pretty cheap. I'll look to upgrade later down the line. My cash is pretty tapped right now until I win the next lotto drop (only at around 5 mil again), so I'm considering banking for a while until I can truly get an upgrade. I can clear mp 1 half asleep and drunk now, and I also have two hellfires, so I figure I can put off upgrades until something truly good comes along. If you have any suggestions, obviously would be appreciated. I'm mostly looking down the line of upgrading: ammy, gloves, pants to another inna's with vit or AR. and upgrade the danetta's for DPS. Unfortunately, probably none of these will be cheap....or relatively cheap for me.
Genesis - just wanted to say thanks! Your advice helped a lot. I got the mempo which gave a good boost to eHP. Looks like I can't quite swap to Inna's sets yet, since it plummets my defenses too low, but gives me something to work on.
@xhus14

I don't see anything critically wrong with your build honestly. You've got a solid amount of eHP which is a great sign, so just keep working at it! Once you start increasing your wealth, you'll be able to get some serious upgrades.

@PeterPan

A big DPS upgrade you could make is your bow. Manticores with high damage are getting to be pretty cheap (1200 DPS for like 5m and high dex). You could also replace your bracers for something that has high dex and CC with either AR or vit (both can offer comparable eHP). If you do that. Doing that, you'll lose your MS though. I'd try working your resists and eHP slots around so that you can get 3 piece nats and 2 piece innas. I'd suggest working your build to look like my sample one in the first post.

@Oracle

Your mempo is basically what I was describing; decent dex, good attack speed and %life on there. Anything extra increases the cost (as you noticed). You got the key stats out of it, so thats good. A big upgrade DPS wise would be replacing your hellfire for nats reflection. Short of getting difectas on your ammy and rings, most of your progression will come from upgrading individual pieces in terms of dex and such. Also, you could use some upgrades in the weapon department (mostly your MH, as I don't know exactly what the offhand contributes, but I know mainhand damage is key). Looking good!

@alestrial

I'm glad it helped! Yeah, that's the position a lot of people are in. While you are making these changes, you might not really see things improve, but once you have the stats in the right spots, you're home free! Gearing is a battle, and a long one at that. Even now I'm still changing things every now and then.
I just sold a barb SOJ. So I now have several mil. to gear up some. My WF has some CD, I could try to find one with socket for a small boost. I'm thinking of Inna's paints belt combo, but would lose AR. Thank's for your time.
Hi

I just started playing a DH and used the bank I had on my barb (this set cost me about 100mil~ most gems come from my barb), Im currently just spamming MP0-1 for paragon levels so using a multishot build and my barbs hellfirering. Ive got about 40-60 mil left over what should I focus on first to boost my eHP / dps?

Edited by Fadey#1605 on 11/22/2012 3:03 PM PST
11/22/2012 02:04 PMPosted by MORG
I just sold a barb SOJ. So I now have several mil. to gear up some. My WF has some CD, I could try to find one with socket for a small boost. I'm thinking of Inna's paints belt combo, but would lose AR. Thank's for your time.

I'd suggest looking into nats. It's hard to come up with anything better than it honestly. The set bonus is excellent, and it isn't very expensive. As you said, inna's 2 piece is a great set, but I don't think you can afford the huge eHP loss at this point in time. I would probably start with 2 piece nats (7% CC is huge) and work from there. Boots and chest would be best I think. After that, see what you can do to take the pressure off of your belt and pants slots so you can eventually move to innas.

Hi

I just started playing a DH and used the bank I had on my barb (this set cost me about 100mil~ most gems come from my barb), Im currently just spamming MP0-1 for paragon levels so using a multishot build and my barbs hellfirering. Ive got about 40-60 mil left over what should I focus on first to boost my eHP / dps?

Your build is pretty glassy. Good DPS, but your eHP is pretty low. A good spot to make it up is with a mempo. Good DPS, great eHP, not too expensive. As far as DPS goes, you could probably gain a bunch more if you went to a high damage 1 soc. I had a 2 soc like yours (nearly identical actually), but ditched it for a 1260 DPS 1 soc, and then upgraded to the one I have now. Net increase in DPS was about 20k, which is hard to match with other upgrades. I should also mention that both of these bows were cheaper than my old 2 soc.
Lately, I've taken an interest in searching the AH for good deals. Given that DH is my wheelhouse, most of the gear is relevant to you guys. I figured that since some of you guys might be looking for upgrades, I'd post some of my findings and see if anyone wants anything.

To be clear, I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I only buy items I feel are genuinely good and price them relative to what I see on the AH for similar items, always undercutting by a little bit. If you're interested, let me know. I'm not really interested in negotiating prices, as I can promise these are priced fairly. If you find something comparable for less, show me and if I approve, I'll undercut the price. Otherwise, my price is firm.

-13m
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=voyj5v&s=6

-24m
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mozbs6&s=6

-24m
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24glgsz&s=6

-15m
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30syp6s&s=6

-20m
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hzsbhw&s=6
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 11/22/2012 10:07 PM PST
Thanks for the info!
11/22/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Fadey
Thanks for the info!

Glad to help!
http://d3up.com/b/122123

im looking to get a nat's ring next to upgrade, is that my best move?
if so what secondary stats should i be looking for? i can't afford a crit chance or crit damage one most likely, so i should just get the one with the highest dex possible? should i try to get +armor or vit to offset the loss of all resist (from replacing either of my current rings)

i was thinking about getting a cheap vile ward, but i'm not sure if i'd be taking too much of a hit to my HP by doing that. (and getting a slight bump in resistances and 250-300 armor in return).

also my amulet seems like its probably less than optimal, but i got it for pretty cheap and i like having the extra HP for ubers.

any advice would be appreciated. i dont have a lot of gold right now, but i'd like to set a few targets for items to upgrade next so i can start saving for a nice upgrade or to start scrounging for a deal. too often i get to a place where i pick up something for a couple mill thats only a marginal upgrade.

thanks.
View profile
http://d3up.com/b/122123

im looking to get a nat's ring next to upgrade, is that my best move?
if so what secondary stats should i be looking for? i can't afford a crit chance or crit damage one most likely, so i should just get the one with the highest dex possible? should i try to get +armor or vit to offset the loss of all resist (from replacing either of my current rings)

Get a nat's that has average dmg on it - for some reason that affix doesn't drive high prices but it can make a huge difference to your DPS. You don't need huge DEX on it since you'll get the 3peice set bonus once you add the right.

For what it's worth I personally would probably keep the left ring and sell the legendary right ring you have. But i'm pretty obsessed with maxing crit chance so maybe it's just me.
hi genesis! i think i've played with you in ubers a few times but not sure, great work helping out these other DH.
@brian

Nats ring is definitely a good call for you. That will give you a huge DPS boost. As for which one to replace, the choice is yours really. The skull grasp gives you 2.4k less DPS for nearly 10k more eHP. Your eHP is looking quite good, so whichever you choose is fine. I would probably ditch the skull grasp since it doesn't have any CC or CD though. For stats on the reflection, it really comes down to what you can afford. If you can't afford a difecta, look for max attack speed (I think it's 9%), average damage for an extra DPS boost, and higher dex. Maybe some all resist, but don't bother if it's like 20. I see one for 5m that has max damage, normal range of dex, 39 AR, and LoH. If you're in for a cheap one, that would probably be a good option. Don't worry so much about it since it's just a starter reflection though. Most of its benefit comes from base stats and the set bonus. Later if or when you upgrade it, look into those more carefully.

I would say that with the way your build is now, you could probably get a good vile ward without compromising anything. I changed out my viles from the ones currently on my profile to 250 dex 50 vit ones (net loss of HP), yet walked out with a ton more DPS and like 2k less eHP. The extra dodge and str bonuses (and the extra armour in your case) would probably offset the eHP loss in a big way. It's worth simulating. Your life is in a good spot, and if you really need to, you can afford a hit to life if the gains are worth it.

Your ammy isn't bad actually. It gives you a ton of eHP without entirely dropping the ball on DPS. Changing it out would knock you back in a big way for eHP, so you'd want to think of ways to relocate the loss to another piece. I'd keep it for now honestly.

The only other things I would suggest are upgrading your gems everywhere (or at least get everything that isn't a star up to star). Also, ditch your 2 soc manti for a high damage 1 soc. I had one like yours (except with 190 dex) and ditched it for a 1260 DPS one, then my 1375 one. Upgraded my DPS by over 20k. If you did the same, you'd be looking at an even bigger gain (since you don't have any dex on it). That 1260 would be affordable and would probably boost your DPS by 20k. That's a total ballpark (simulate before buying), but I can guarantee you'll get more bang for your buck with a 1 soc.

@TheNightOwl

Yeah, average damage is a nice little DPS boost. Maxing CC and CD are two key areas of concentration, so I agree with your logic there too.

@AndrewNguyen

Probably wasn't me. I've never done ubers with anyone geared like you haha. In fact, it's always a massive cluster!@#$.
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 11/23/2012 4:32 PM PST
Could definitely use some advice on where I go from here. Thanks for your time. But I think diabloprogess shows my windforce not manticore since I use it for farming xp.
Edited by AsSyluM#1508 on 11/23/2012 2:23 PM PST
Thanks as always for the suggestions, Genesis. Yeah, the mempo, if nothing else, gives me a lot more leeway for upgrades without dropping my EHP to undesirable levels. So, if nothing else, that serves it's purpose in a great way. Interesting suggestion on the nat's ring, so I may start shopping and/or saving for one. As for weapons, I may keep the Calamity for a little while and grab a decent priced DML with good dex/vit/IAS/CC in case I either find a dual socket manti or want the extra vita for uber runs. Unfortunately, good DPS Calamity prices are out of my price range, but so are DPS matching Spites, so the DML might be my stopgap since it'll probably add a ton of life with some dps hit from the reduced crit damage.

Hope your finals and projects went well or will go well!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]