Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

Thanks, big help. I found a dirt cheap vile ward last night so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that. Once a few of my auctions sell I'll be picking up a Nat's Reflection and switching to a 1 soc high dps manticore.
@AsSyluM

Diabloprogress shows your manticore, your profile shows your WF. Both look excellent! It's obvious to me that you know what you're doing. Both your eHP and DPS values are higher than mine, and you aren't even using a mempo. If you were to get a mempo, you'd go up in both. And you're using a hellfire! Yeah, I don't even know what I could suggest. The only thing honestly is possibly getting a mempo. If you get one with CC and high dex, your DPS will go up and your eHP will go up. I don't know if you'd like 30 disc (I didn't), so you might need to get disc on your chest to compensate. Not the end of the world though. Having said that, I can't know for sure how everything would work out without simulating it. Your chest gives you excellent eHP and DPS that you just can't get with disc on it. The only other thing I would look into is a higher dex DML. You might need to sacrifice some vit to do that, but you could grab another 100+ dex on there which is huge.

@Oracle

Definitely a good sounding game plan. It's certainly not uncommon for top tier handbow DHs to use a DML with their calamity, and as you noticed, it's much cheaper. Definitely drops your CD a ton though. Fiddle with things in a build calculator. That's how I like to figure things out.

Thanks! It's going to be a rough few weeks. Can't wait for it all to be done.

11/23/2012 08:45 PMPosted by brian
Thanks, big help. I found a dirt cheap vile ward last night so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that. Once a few of my auctions sell I'll be picking up a Nat's Reflection and switching to a 1 soc high dps manticore.

Glad to hear I helped! Sounds like a good plan to me.
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 11/23/2012 9:03 PM PST
Need some suggestion also. not sure where to go next without spending a ton of gold
@Genesis. Yea I've contemplated getting a mempo, but I use the discipline too much and would miss that way to much. I think that is whats really holding me back from really getting anywhere higher though, but I guess Im ok with that cuz ultimately I do still want to be playable with ease. Mp8 gives me no trouble at all, and I guess that is a good spot to be in. Ill keep me eyes open for a DML. There is nothing on the auction house with the other stats i want but increased Dex so Ill wait and see. Thanks for the advice. Its always nice to get someone elses viewpoint. And on the manti windforce thing, I use the windforce for XP and Ubers and thats what I was doing yesterday :).
@MrLucid72

Looks really good. If you want more DPS, a high damage 1 soc is the way to go. It will hurt your CD, but your DPS will go up. I had a 2 soc like yours and gained over 20k DPS when I switched to mine. Short of moving away from 4 piece nats to 3 piece with mempo, I don't know what to suggest. Maybe look into a difecta nats ring for some extra DPS. It gets costly though, especially if you want AR.

@AsSyluM

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. It was hard to pull me away from my nats, but I tried it and haven't looked back. I ended up getting disc on my armour to make up the loss, and definitely feel good about it now. I may even consider ditching that disc for better dex and vit, but I haven't decided yet. It's worth taking for a test drive. Keep an eye out for a good deal on the AH for a mempo. If you can get a good deal on one, you could give it a test drive and then sell it back for profit if you don't like it. Not a big WF guy myself, but I've never used a good one really. Just the one on my scoundrel :p
Would love some advice on where to go from here. Right now funds are the biggest factor. Thanks!
Hey Genesis, need some help. Looking for a build around 100M. The end goal is to be able to solo at least MP4, and be able to work in a group in MP5 and 6 with minimal issues. Is this realistic? I know I need to upgrade my eHP drastically, but don't want to completely compromise my DPS. What would you recommend, both for gear and build? Thanks.
Hey Genesis. Was looking for some help on how to improve my Demon Hunter. I just got back to playing after a while and I have 30m and counting to upgrade with. What is your opinion on what I should upgrade first?
@Pump

Your build is looking really good. I'd ditch your helm for a mempo. It will probably give you comparable DPS, except you'll get a big boost in eHP. Another thing to consider would be changing out your belt and pants for 2 piece innas. You'll have to use a build simulator to actually factor in the holy damage bonus (doesn't show up in game). It should give you a nice boost to DPS, but your eHP would go down a bit. That should be offset by getting a mempo though. You could also do a lot better than that hellfire tbh. Look into a nats reflection. That extra dex should really help.

@Ladue

Can't see your profile! You'll need to change out of your SC one. For 100m, you could get a pretty solid build going. I try not to comment on soloing, as everyone defines it differently. For me, the only way I would do higher MP levels is if I could just plow through everything. Others don't mind taking eight years to complete the run. What I can promise is that you'd be well over 100k unbuffed DPS and 300k eHP. It wouldn't shock me at all to see you hit 150k unbuffed DPS with the prices we are seeing these days. I'm talking about starting from scratch here too. If you've got decent gear to begin with, you're golden.

@Diablo

If I were you, I would get nats boots, replace your nats sight with a mempo, ditch your hellfire for a nats reflection, and get a high damage 1 soc manticore. These things will improve your DPS and eHP in a big way. I wouldn't even consider using nats sight unless you were going for the full set bonus, but most good DHs these days are choosing to take a mempo over nats sight. It has superior DPS and eHP in comparison to every other helm.
Sorry Genesis. Try it now. Also considering going up to a 200-250 budget if it would be significantly better gear than the 100-150.
@Genesis I do have a fairly better ring that I use when doing higher mp levels to replace my hellfire ring. I currently have that one on because I was doing xp runs. Thanks for the Help.

My other Ring: 4.5 CC, 37 CD, 88 Vit, 14 mf
Edited by Diablo#1720 on 11/25/2012 6:53 AM PST
Hi Genesis i would like a bit of advice from here. Looking at my next buys within a 50 mil budget i am looking at either boosting my dps at the expense of EHP. Or keeping roughly the same dps to slightly lower with increased EHP. Any advice on having my cake and eating it to would be appreciated :)
Hi Genesis. I'm looking for some advice on how i could further my dps. Current dps stands at around 150k but as a DH, I dont think you can have too much dps. Dps of around 200k would be nice and I wouldnt mind sacrificing a little bit of eHP.

Quick question, I checked your build on d3up and your eHP are 523k and 805k (w/ with gloom on). Mine are 667k and 1m respectively. Are you able to survive well on high MP levels? On MP8, I experienced a lot of near deaths and of course, the occasional deaths. I survivie well in Ubers fight, its the elites plus crowding monsters that get my DH sweating sometimes. Could it be my playstyle? And I do have some serious latency issues sometimes so there's nothing much I can do when the spike lag hits.

My Build :http://d3up.com/b/144895

Thanks in advance!
Hey Genesis,

I recently found a good pair of Ice climbers which I was able to use to upgrade to replace my Lacuni's with Strong arms with the 4 set pieces as well as a new Manticore.

Unfortunately its not left me quite low on health, where's the best place to add EHP on me at the moment? Budget's down to sub 1 mil at the moment so cheap as possible. :S

Thanks.
@Pump

Your build is looking really good. I'd ditch your helm for a mempo. It will probably give you comparable DPS, except you'll get a big boost in eHP. Another thing to consider would be changing out your belt and pants for 2 piece innas. You'll have to use a build simulator to actually factor in the holy damage bonus (doesn't show up in game). It should give you a nice boost to DPS, but your eHP would go down a bit. That should be offset by getting a mempo though. You could also do a lot better than that hellfire tbh. Look into a nats reflection. That extra dex should really help.

Thanks for the tips. I picked up a nats reflection that really gave a nice boost. Appreciate your advice/recommendations.
Edited by pump#1659 on 11/25/2012 10:16 AM PST
Hello, I was considering buying a SoJ or a Skull Grasp to improve my ChC with strafe but I dont know which ring to get first. Also, looking at my profile, do you have any recommendation to make to my build more successful? My budget is kinda limited. Thanks for taking the time to help.
Hey, i'm low on funds right now, about 2mil left i think. But i have just been trying to max out my DH since it's my fav. char and the one i use to build funds. I don't use RMAH, so i'm limited to what i have now and what i can work towards..

Everything i'm at now is the best i can do with limited knowledge, but i'm hoping some of your DH builds can inspire mine for the better.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MadRussian-1151/hero/5654172 <- here i am.

let me know if you've got some suggestions on anything, i'm open. ;D
I need help too (: I'm very low of funds ): What should I do with my current gear?
Hi guys,

Something's been bugging me. Could someone tell me if you'd generally get a decent DPS increase if you go from a

1000 DPS manticore + Atk speed + 95% crit dmg + 2 open sockets
to a
1250 - 1300+ DPS weapon + open socket + Atk speed + 70% or above crit dmg?

Hope that didn't sound confusing. I've been looking at an upgrade to my current weapon (currently equipped in profile) and been looking at single socket xbows/bows/manticores with over 1300 dps but been unsure of what difference it can make.

TIA

Kyo
i've played a lot, killed a lot, and died entirely too much. how should i beef this girl up to start playint with greater MP's? furnas#1362
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]