Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

Hi, Genesis
I would like to have some advice on my built using hand crossbow.
My budget: 100million
Thx:)
90 Human Rogue
I just leveled to 60 and bought some gear with what gold I had. Any advice on what I should do now?
Hey Genesis

Kind of stuck on what to upgrade next, my ehp is good but my dps is kind of lacking. Every upgrade I can think of costs way too much or takes away way too much ehp. What item/items would be the best upgrade for me?
@Genesis:
Thanks for the advice, thats what I wanted to know.
This should keep me occupied for quite some time :D
Recently having so much fun with strafe.
About the run, I could make a US char, but you know.
Its a pity though that chars cant be transferred across the servers, would love to share a run since youre a funny guy :(
Hi Genesis,

Your help is appreciated. My eHP and AR are above your benchmarks, as is my CD, but my DPS is lacking mainly due to a lack of CC and Dex, though my Manticore isn't all the great either.

I currently only have about 25M. Is my next upgrade something worth spending only 25M on or should I save up for something better?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/calryan-1299/Ryan/11151660
@IsaacKuo

With that kind of budget, I would definitely start looking at my sample build. You'll be able to get a bunch of decent set bonuses and good legendaries going on that will really help. It will eat a bunch of your budget, but at the end you should still have enough to upgrade your bow. I would suggest getting a socket in your calamity to help boost your CD.

@Kotomi

I can't see your profile! If you repost with your D3 profile or just post your link, I'll definitely take a look and let you know what I think.

@Phaede

Your eHP is definitely in good shape right now, but two of the key slots I would normally point our for DPS at your stage will drop it in a big way. Both your belt and pants are contributing massively to your eHP which is where I would suggest 2 piece inna's. That means two things for you: first, try to find a way to relocate some of the vit and resists away from those slots so that you can use them as DPS slots. Then go look for inna's belt and pants (consider pants with vit to help cover the vit, but they are pricey). Other than that, you could look into improving your CC a bit. Your's isn't bad, but see if you can get another 5 or so.

@Blackseed

Excellent! Glad to have helped. Haha yeah, I guess you could. Would be annoying to have to get it to 60 just to run with me though!

@Laws

You basically nailed it. Your CD is great actually, but your CC is hurting in a big way. I would try to get at least 30-35% so that you can drop SS. I've had a bit of a debate with some people over in general about this actually. I feel that SS becomes inferior once you reach ~30-35% CC, so keep that in mind. Your attacks per second are a bit low too, but I feel that once you move over to inna's pants and nats reflection (which you'll want to do someday), it will work out.

Take a look at my sample build in the first post. You've got some similarities and some difference. If I were in your position, I would simulate how switching to 3 piece nats, a mempo and 2 piece inna's would effect me.
Hi there again! I recently upgraded all of my gear and also got the peices you suggested. It has helped a bunch! I can do mp5 fairly easily. I havent tried anything harder yet though. What im wandering is am I at a point to where I just need to start getting overall better stat rolls on each peice of gear? or am I still lacking in a certain area?
Im not sure if I did a good enough job explaining what I want to know so if thats the case let me know and ill try and do a better job explaining! Thanks!
Hi there again! I recently upgraded all of my gear and also got the peices you suggested. It has helped a bunch! I can do mp5 fairly easily. I havent tried anything harder yet though. What im wandering is am I at a point to where I just need to start getting overall better stat rolls on each peice of gear? or am I still lacking in a certain area?
Im not sure if I did a good enough job explaining what I want to know so if thats the case let me know and ill try and do a better job explaining! Thanks!

You basically nailed it honestly. There are only a couple small things I would change, but that goes right along with upgrading. I would suggest you get some vit on your pants instead of AR. It will add much more eHP. Next is getting some vit on your mempo. From there, you basically just need to upgrade your gems, possibly your bow (higher damage and higher CD), and then just upgrade the rolls. It's really looking good!
Next for me to upgrade is my Amulet, I want to add Vitality on there. Ideally I would snap my fingers and add 100 Vitality onto the existing one but alas.

Should I just find a similar one with Vit, or a different combination of stats?
I just started playing again and have no idea what I am doing,please help me kind sir :)
Getting back into it but I don't really know what I should focus on. I think I have a pretty generic build and my next improvement should be Nat's ring but not too sure on what to do after that?
Hay Genesis, looking at a nats ring for the three piece bonus. Would it be worth the CC,CD loss?
@Mifkin

I'm not sure what your budget is, so it's hard to say. I would say that you should try to keep the CC and CD on it pretty high, keep at least some dex and get average damage if you can. There isn't a whole lot more an ammy should have really. You may also want to look at upgrading your bow. With these prices, you could gain at least 200 base damage on your bow without breaking 5m. That really helps increase your damage. If you're still struggling for life, consider a mempo. It can have vit on it while also giving you base %life and a socket for a vit gem if you need it.

@Ins0mnium

I disagree! It looks like you do know what you're doing. You basically hit every single thing I look for in a build. Your rings could probably be changed to increase DPS and eHP (I only went with litany since it also has CD). You could probably find a rare with CC, CD, AR and dex that could take its place. Consider a nats reflection for your other ring to get the set bonus, or find a rare with 2 trifectas that out-DPS it.

@Alex

I would argue that getting nats boots would take priority over reflection. Your rings are pretty good already whereas the boots will give you a pretty decent dex bump. I would suggest moving out of your nats sight and into a mempo too. Nats sight is pretty inferior in both DPS and eHP in comparison. If you were using the 4 piece set and you really like the disc, that would be about the only reason that would make approve of a nats sight honestly. I'd also look into upgrading your bow. You can get much higher damage manticores pretty inexpensively these days. At some point, look into inna's belt too. I wouldn't even think about it unless you got a mempo though. Your eHP would take too much of a hit from losing that belt if you didn't make it up with a mempo.

@MORG

I would absolutely suggest you simulate it before buying. The reason I put nats reflection in my build is because it's a cheap ring that can offer higher DPS in some cases than rare rings. It's also a lot easier to generalize for the purposes of this thread as I feel it is a good 'transition ring', in that it should be one of the items you eventually fork out the gold for a difecta on.

Not sure if that made sense, but basically see how it compares to your current DPS. It's really hard to eyeball it since your rings are decent. My gut says it will be a DPS drop for both rings (and a solid eHP drop for your left ring).
Hey does anyone know how much my DML is worth? Thinking of getting one with higher Atk Speed and +Max Disc.

TIA

Kyo
Hey does anyone know how much my DML is worth? Thinking of getting one with higher Atk Speed and +Max Disc.

TIA

Kyo

Probably a pretty good amount, though the elemental arrow damage will probably make it less desirable. I sold one with 315 dex, 190 vit, 17 AS and 9.5 CC with bola damage for 50m the other day. Yours clearly has way better vit which will make it appealing, but the elemental arrow damage will make it in lower demand. If someone is looking for a good EA DML though, yours should sell quickly. Basically, I have no clue what it's worth without checking AH.

If you want extra disc, you may want to consider getting it on your armour instead. It is a lot cheaper and will probably give you a lower loss of dex and vit. I'd simulate both options before buying.
90 Draenei Shaman
This thread is amazing since I've recently come back to the game. I've basically just been farming around in Act 3 MP1 with the gear I've gotten from friends, hoping for just anything that seems like it's worth something. However, I'm kind of at a loss now for what I should be trying to upgrade/farm...Any help would be great
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mistokibbles-1718/hero/19202238
Thanks
I like what I have seen so far. I have tried different builds, but all seem to fall short on how I want my DH to perform. He seems to be an easy kill and I kite constantly. Gave up on SS for Archery and started to focus more on acquiring CC, which is a trade off for protection, and has improved my playing. I would like to head in the right direction for a build, but I want to limit the big spending and I don't want to be ripped off at the AH at the same time. Any suggestions after looking over my build and skills? I would like to get above 150K unbuffed.
Hey genesis,
I've got 100m to upgrade my dh with. Should I get a manti with 2 sockets, or one with higher base dps with 1 socket? Also what about my armor? I think I could use more Rex vit and ar?
Actually, I might just sell my gear and completely regear my dh
I think I met most of your criteria beside:

40-45% CC, and around 1.7 attacks per second

where I have higher AS but lower CC.

Not sure what to upgrade next and the play style using the old nat. set.

I will love to improve my dps ...

DPS Unbuffed: 36,440.40
EHP Unbuffed: 353,458
Life: 51,858
Resistance: 364
Armor: 3,224

Strength: 311
Dexterity: 1,470
Intelligence: 299
Vitality: 1,187

Attacks per Second: 2.18
Critical Hit Chance: 33.50%
Critical Damage: 348.00%

Dodge Chance: 34.70%
Melee Damage Reduction: 4.00%
Life Bonus: 24.00%
Life per Second: 285
Life on Hit: 1,200
+Discipline Regenerated per Second: 2
Movement Speed: 12%
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]