Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the mempo the main reason I got the inna chest was for the AR my nats chest didn't have it. What would be a good ring to use instead of my hellfire
I also wear it for the AR.
Thank you
Hey Gen, really liked this thread, finally decided to use it myself.

I like my manticore, but i also like variety and use a:

Calamity:
1267 dmg
10% IAS
193 Vitality
97% Crit. Dmg
1.32 hatred regen

Also have a Nat's Sight (dex 195, vit 90) to make 4 set when i want more disc.

Wondering what would help me be able to run some MP 9-10s smoothly.
@Genesis

I'm thinking more and more about it but I would sort of like to see the hit I take in game before I decide. Are you able to give me roughly what you put in the game so I can see for myself? Like the stats of the items and how much I gain or lose. I knew awhile ago in order for me to get close to my goal, I have to lose my life and resist in order to get there, because it's not possible to have both.

So if you can give me like the stats, and I'll see for myself and I'll decide after that. ty

P.S. yes about your previous post, I am considering Archery into my calculations mainly because I have a 10% Crit DML. So in any case, I will be at 54.40% C.C. (that is included with my real ring, not my Hellfire Ring that I level with.)
Edited by Nemesis#1665 on 12/18/2012 2:16 PM PST
Hi Genesis,

I am looking to get 200k unbuffed dps, atm i am 7k short. cheapest upgrade for me to get to 200k stride?

I realize my bracer can use improvement, but I weigh the pickup radius over the increase in dps.
Hi Genesis,

I was wondering what I should upgrade so that i can survive and progress in higher MP? I can do only up to MP6.

Preferably cost effective upgrades.
Hi Genesis,

Can you help me with this?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415462797
Thnx for the advice I actually have a nats armor no vit though. I bought a 2mil pair of boots but last some 18k life.
@Nightmare

I feel that if you're after good DPS and reasonable eHP, inna's will help you more for it's cost. If you're going for higher eHP, WH wins hands down, but getting the same or higher DPS costs a lot. Looks like you got one, and a high DPS one at that. You won't be getting much eHP from that, but you're probably doing pretty well for DPS compared to inna's.

@Generalhan

If you're feeling too glassy, you may want to consider getting a mempo. It will give you equal dex, more vit (get a good vit one), plenty of AR, %life AND a socket for your vit gem. You may be hesitant about losing that disc; I know I sure was. I made the change and never looked back though. This change will cost you the CC (unless you get a crit mempo, but don't do that yet), but you'll gain AS. I would also consider finding an ammy that has vit on it too, but that might be too much. Another spot for more vit are your bracers. You could probably squeeze another 75-100 there, and maybe another 20 AR while you're at it. You could probably boost the vit roll on your pants by another 50 pretty easily too. As far as your belt goes, you may find that inna's belt could offer you more eHP and comparable DPS. Failing that, you could look for a beefier eHP WH, but those get pricey fast.

@Krull

That AR definitely helps, but the missing vit that you could get on either a nats chest or innas chest would probably make up for it and then some. I know my old nats chest had over 180 vit and have seen MUCH higher rolls out there. Your choice with inna's is fine since you aren't using the belt though. If you get the belt, nats chest would be the way to go definitely. Your hellfire is actually quite good. It gives you pretty good DPS, eHP and the extra exp boost is awesome. For farming, that's an awesome ring to use. For pure damage, go for something with avg damage, dex, vit, %life, CC and CD if you can. Those get pricey, so possibly skip out on life or settle for lower stats.

@CheekyMonkey

Your DPS is quite good, so your biggest concern should be eHP. Not that yours is bad, but higher eHP is pretty crucial to surviving MP10 as smoothly as possible. You may want to consider moving over to a mempo for the dex, vit, socket and %life. It will really boost your eHP. Also, definitely look into changing out your pants for ones that have vit on them. Drop some dex and go for some 175 vit ones. You would probably be able to make up a bunch of DPS and vit on your DML too. If you were to find something that has 275 dex and vit with 19 AS and 9 CC (absolutely no clue what that would go for actually) you would walk out gaining DPS and a ton of eHP. You've actually got tons of room for vit which is really encouraging, seeing as your vit is already very good. You could probably hit 1400, maybe even 1500 with some of these changes. This will make your eHP shoot up massively allowing you to then focus on DPS some more. The biggest upgrade for your DPS would be a 2 soc 1200+ high CD manti. Before I sold it, I had a 1258 DPS 2 soc with 199 dex and 96 CD that boosted my DPS by over 25k from my old 1374 DPS dex 1 soc. That's a HUGE, albeit expensive, DPS boost. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar bow would net you 30-35k DPS more with a bunch more CD to top it off.

@Nemesis

Yeah, definitely worth really thinking about and simulating before committing. I'll send you a link of the profile of yours I was used with the pants and belt combo I was talking about. I sold the belt for like 7.5m and the pants for 25m I think. This build is with your hellfire too, so be sure to change it (haven't actually seen your other ring xD). Here's the link: http://d3up.com/b/202850#gear

You'll notice that with your passive, you're sitting at 190k DPS. That boosts up to 197k with scoundrel, so you're nearing your 200k DPS mark with archery. You're still 500k+ eHP, so that's not too shabby.

@Dunder

Your cheapest upgrade is probably with your bow. If you're going with a 1 soc, check out some 1350+ DPS ones with dex and decent CD. That should get you there no problem (even though it looks like you're already there :P).

@Dboi

There are four big things standing out for me. First is the lack of vit on your nats chest. Second are your rings. You could get much better DPS by using nats reflection and a decent rare. Third are your pants. You have absolutely no vit on there. I would absolutely sacrifice some dex on there to get vit. Mine had over 150 vit I believe. Last thing is your bow. While yours has awesome dex, it's base damage is pretty low for a 1 soc. I would really look into a manticore that has over 1300 DPS, decent dex (170+) and decent CD (80+). These things should boost your eHP and DPS in big ways.

@Flyin9monkie

I'm not very familiar with strafe, but I think one of the key points about it is to have lowish AS (so basically use a manticore) and high DPS. Leg nats would DEFINITELY help, but it's not required. You'll almost definitely be faster with leg nats though. I feel that it is an inferior set (at least for my playstyle) so I find it hard to advise which to get. So basically, go big damage, good enough eHP to take some hits, and most importantly practice. It doesn't require godly gear to do, but it takes some practice to be good at, or at least good enough to hit 65m/hour.

@Smiltstomb

Definitely get vit on nats armour if you can. Also, vit on your pants would be a good idea. Your bracers too. You may want to work on getting enough gold to do some of these set items and legendaries well. A lot of their effectiveness comes with getting ones that cover more than just your DPS. Your helm, shoulders, and pants in particular should all have vit imo (unless you're using a CC mempo). You've boosted your DPS and eHP with some of these items, but you're also hurting on vit. This will be especially true once you get rid of your rare armour and boots, which you'll need to do at some point.
I hunted around tonight and found a nat chest with pretty good vit and a pair of nat boots, not so great but boosted my DPS and resists with not a huge Vit loss. Is the 3 set piece bonus from nats ring worth getting rid of one of my rare CC CD rings? Or should I save up some more cash and replace the other items you mentioned with Vit items first? I self found the pants so buying a pair with vit shouldnt be a problem and I'll get a bit of tat back from selling those.
Hi Genesis

Im just wondering is ur 1300dps manticore forsale???
Thanks in advance.
@Genesis

yea, but that's with the scoundrel buff; need to start saving gold :X
edit: wanted to say thanks :]
Edited by Dunder#1207 on 12/19/2012 3:55 AM PST
@Smiltstomb

A nats ring would probably boost your DPS. Pop it in a build calculator. It depends entirely on your level of wealth though. If you can afford to do both, that's great. Your eHP isn't critically low (you're at 300k), so if you want to put your primary focus on DPS, that's fine, but don't let your eHP get worse. If it was me, I'd probably work on both, but I also like being quite tanky.

@NarinLSam

It actually sold a couple days ago, but not for what I was hoping for! When I was trying to sell it, people seemed to have a limitless supply of similar ones, so prices were going down. Now it seems that all high damage manticores have uber CD too, so people are asking TONS. I would watch the market and wait for 1350+ with 80 CD and dex to pop up for ~100m. I ended up selling my 1374 with 69 CD for 95m, if that helps give you an idea.

@Dunder

Ahh right. In that case, a new manticore will definitely let you hit that target. No problem!
@Genesis

Hey, I'm very very honestly looking into Inna and the Pants but I'm very torn in between what to choose. I know that by doing this, I will be very close to my goal (200k with this setup I think it's very good. The best of DW 1handers unbuffed are only 250k or so as far as I have seen anyway. The ones in the Halls of Godly DH's in this Thread :o)

But the problem I am not sure what I should look for. With my current Life and Resist, should I look for one w/ Vit and w/ AR. So that way I do not lose too much of both? Like, lets say Pants w/ Resist and Belt w/ Life (As MUCH as I am able to get.) Lets say you get the most I can, how much do you think I will be losing over all? I was able to look into the stats in the game, and I do get up to 190k+ or so w/o applying the 130 Dex Setup bonus.

So uh, ya if you can crunch up something again so I'm sure to do this. I'll forgo the Witching Hour because you said it won't give me as much if I go down that route. I was hoping to get past 500 in CD w/o losing my IAS in the process but I don't think I can manage to squeeze in 20 CD some how.

Thanks for helping me with this decision by the way. I am still trying very hard to decide but I think I might really do it (mind the color problem with Inna's Pants but I can ignore it.)
@Genesis

Hey, I'm very very honestly looking into Inna and the Pants but I'm very torn in between what to choose. I know that by doing this, I will be very close to my goal (200k with this setup I think it's very good. The best of DW 1handers unbuffed are only 250k or so as far as I have seen anyway. The ones in the Halls of Godly DH's in this Thread :o)

But the problem I am not sure what I should look for. With my current Life and Resist, should I look for one w/ Vit and w/ AR. So that way I do not lose too much of both? Like, lets say Pants w/ Resist and Belt w/ Life (As MUCH as I am able to get.) Lets say you get the most I can, how much do you think I will be losing over all? I was able to look into the stats in the game, and I do get up to 190k+ or so w/o applying the 130 Dex Setup bonus.

So uh, ya if you can crunch up something again so I'm sure to do this. I'll forgo the Witching Hour because you said it won't give me as much if I go down that route. I was hoping to get past 500 in CD w/o losing my IAS in the process but I don't think I can manage to squeeze in 20 CD some how.

Thanks for helping me with this decision by the way. I am still trying very hard to decide but I think I might really do it (mind the color problem with Inna's Pants but I can ignore it.)

Yeah, DW is a very expensive route to take when aiming high for DPS and eHP. Hitting that 200k mark will be quite an achievement. If it was me, I would get pants just like the ones I have in your build (or get higher vit even) and get a belt with similarly high dex but with vit on there to. You can max out at 100 vit, so anything with decent dex and 50+ vit on would be what I would suggest. That should help ease the eHP loss even more. The pants will probably run you somewhere around 30m, and a belt like I described might be 30-60m, depending entirely on how much dex, vit and holy damage you go for. I'm looking at a 154 dex, 79 vit, 7% holy belt for 37.9m right now. That would be pretty good for DPS. I see another one with 160 dex, 58 vit and 8% holy for 42m. That has lower vit, but more DPS. I'm not seeing much else that isn't overpriced or has no buyout. The one with lower vit offers you a marginal DPS increase from the belt I simulated (200 DPS) and 11.4k eHP (22k with dodge). The higher vit one gives you a 2k DPS loss with 15.5k eHP gain (29.3k with dodge). If it was me, I'd probably go with the higher DPS one simply because the eHP gain isn't very substantial compared to the DPS, but you may disagree.

Just to make sure you clearly see both sides before you buy anything, I'll talk about WH some more. It has the potential to give you a solid DPS boost (probably not as much as inna's unless you spend tons), but also gives you more potential for eHP. If that eHP is a huge concern but you'd still like more DPS, WH isn't a bad idea. Don't take this as my taking back everything before; I still think inna's is the way you should go. I think that's what I would do if I was in your position. I will, however, say that when I regear in Jan, I will be buying a WH. I'm also a manticore user, so the DPS increase of holy damage is less for me. The main reason I'm doing this is because I want to increase my eHP at the cost of DPS. I was at 325k DPS and 530k eHP, so now I'm hoping to drop down to 275k DPS and hit 800k+ eHP.

If you're going for DPS and don't mind taking a bit of an eHP hit, inna's is your set. If you want a DPS increase and lower eHP losses, go for WH. I would do inna's in your situation. Hopefully this helps.
@Genesis

I have always thought that WH was more suited for Manticore users then anything else, but I will agree that Inna's Pants are way above anything else in terms of DPS for DHs. Rares are great, you get very good stats and stuff, but you cannot gain any dmg at all.

I was wondering would this increased DPS increase my damage all across the board? as in also CD, hitting a bit harder? With WH, I sort of believe that the dmg I gain would only be when I hit my CD right? I know with WH, it has the option of giving you both AR and Vit, w/ Inna's you don't have that option, so you give up a lot in order to get more damage in. That is the trade off I know I have to decide on.

However because my eHP is already pretty high, I think I'm willing to take hits on it, in order for me to get there in terms of damage. I just don't want to lose soo much that it wouldn't be wise for me to do so. I do believe WH are over-priced though.
@Nemesis

Yeah, I tend to agree. It's kind of a grey area for me. While higher CD counts for a lot with DPS, I am not entirely certain how it compares on a DPS basis to other things. If you're talking about infinitely many attempts, equal DPS should mean that they are the same. For short trials, you may crit more often than your CC should statistically allow. Like with 50% CC you should crit 5/10 times, but instead you do 7. With higher CD that statistically anomaly should net you more DPS.

Overall though, DPS is DPS. I wouldn't really look into it much more than that (apart from the benefit of AS with night stalker procs). I agree that your eHP is good enough that you could probably take the hit to boost your DPS.
Hi genesis

I was wondering if could give me advice on what can i improve on my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/killstreak1-1497/hero/11438895
Genesis,

Of the 4 things you mentioned I should upgrade, which one should I upgrade first? I do not have too gold. So I doubt I will be able to upgrade everything. Which would be the most effective for me to upgrade?

Also when you said rare ring, what should I be looking at? and what stats for nat's reflection?
@Genesis

The only thing I been... sort of worried about Genesis, is the massive amount of resist I lose. If I am seeing this correctly, I drop all the way down to 270 or so. Is that worth it?
@Killstreak1

Take a look at the sample build in the first post (the 800k one). It should give you an idea of what sort of stats I would look for if you are sticking to lower budget gearing.

@dboi

The sample build in the first post has both a rare ring and nats reflection in there. Your budget is also a limiting factor, so I have no idea what stats you should get. Stick your build into the build calculator I'm using and simulate various different things. Go for whatever gives you the biggest boost that fits your budget.

@Nemesis

Ahh I see. I know it says 270k eHP, but that's excluding dodge. If you go to the build page and click on "Effective Hit Points" on the right side, it will expand and give you more numbers. I just synced the build with your rare ring equipped to show you what you'll actually end up with. With that rare ring and my old set, you're at 198k DPS and 508k eHP with dodge, as opposed to 635k eHP before. With a better inna's set, you'll be at somewhere around 530k. So basically you're trading 40k DPS for 100k eHP. Is that a big eHP drop? Honestly, yes. Can you afford it if you really want the DPS? I think so. There isn't really a right or wrong answer.
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 12/19/2012 9:30 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]