Diablo® III

Giving Build Advice

Hey Genesis!
I am looking to upgrade my gear to finish through Act IV and also farm infernal machine. My DPS isn't the best as well as AR and Armor. I was wondering what pieces I should upgrade/what stats would be best for farming act III and infernal machine. I really appreciate the help sir!
Yo Genesis hook me up to! Por Flavor (;

I also want to keep my HP at around 45k
Edited by Skynative#1611 on 11/4/2012 12:28 PM PST
@ChangWu

I bet that will add a ton of DPS. I don't know what that is worth tbh, but I do know that 1355 DPS is pretty fricken high haha. Hopefully it has some dex too!

@Saints311

Looking at your build right now, it looks great, so with your main stuff on you're in great shape for CC, CD and AS. eHP is also not even remotely an issue, so you hit it right on - it's a DPS issue holding you back. The are two things in particular that stand out as a DPS reducer. First is your dex. You've got 2500 isn right now, which isn't low, but it could be higher. If you were able to get another 400 dex, rough math tells me you'll get an additional 30k DPS. Second thing is your belt. While I see your belt gives you significant eHP (both AR and vit on there), it can be a KEY place for DPS when you're at your level. I suggest getting a decent inna's belt. You'll get a sec bonus (contributes to increasing your dex), 8% holy damage and another 1% CC just as the cherry on top. Know that you will lose all the vit and AR for that slot, but if you get one like mine, you'll have the same base dex, and then another 130 on that for the 2pc bonus. That is a lot of DPS. Probably 10k just from the dex alone, then add the holy damage and you'll probably be looking at 15-20k overall. Simulate it to confirm these things though. I would probably suggest you get the belt before a nats sight. It's a cheap and dirty upgrade that will give you way more bang for your buck.

@ximperiusxx

Thanks! First thing I notice about your char is all your vit gems! While this isn't a bad thing necessarily, what it tells me is that your gear is missing huge amounts of vit, so that is where I'm going to focus my advice. By fixing up your gear such that the vit in the gems is distributed as base stats across your gear, you'll gain at least 230 dex (depending on the gems, but you should at least have stars - 46 dex each).

There are 5 slots for DH where I feel you have good opportunity to get some dex: ammy, shoulders, bracers, quiver and gloves (that is if you don't have trifectas though). Your bracers and quiver are both looking good for vit, so that's not a problem. Your gloves confuse me a bit, so that would be the first spot I would start with. Consider looking for gloves that replace that int value with some decent dex. Consider gloves like mine perhaps. People who comment on my gear often tell me to change them (which I'm going to do now that I can afford to lose the vit), but up until I got to that point, these offered great DPS and great HP. The next spot is your ammy. While you've got great CD on it, try looking for something that has ~100 vit and similarly high dex. I would also suggest you switch out the attack speed bonus on there for CC. Your CC is on the low side, and I feel that AS is the least important of all the trifecta stats once you reach a certain point (which I think you've reached). Your shoulders have a similar story. While the dex and AR of vile wards is nice, you don't have any vit there. The shoulders I put in my sample build were 5m and had 150 dex, 150 vit and 50 AR. You lose out on some dex and AR, but you make up significant HP from that slot.

If you can get vit on those slots, you can drop ALL of your vit gems and switch them for dex gems. I suspect you'll most likely walk out with more HP and definitely a chunk more DPS. As I'm sure you know, leg nats is a tough gig for DPS, so you'll have to accept that you'll be on the lower end of DPS. You probably have enough eHP without perfectionist (especially since you can permagloom), so you might want to drop that for something like steady aim. It will help make up some of your lost DPS.

@Holybudz

You've actually got a pretty decent bow. Even though it's missing natural crit and dex, it has very high base damage and is non elemental which contributes massively to the holy bonus of your belt. Having said that, your CD is very low right now. I would suggest seeing what a 1250 DPS 1 soc manticore with good dex would do to your DPS. You'll get another ~80% CD with that which will help boost you a bit. You might also consider looking at rings that have only 2 trifecta stats on them, but with higher values and high dex. Your concentration should be to get high CD and CC since your AS is in good shape right now. Try simulating a few of these things and see what happens. Also see what you can do to boost your dex. Check out what a nats ring will do to your DPS. If you do that, I'd suggest switching your ammy for a CC/CD one since you'll be overdoing your AS again.

@GarageCow

Your eHP is actually not as bad as you might think haha. I see tons of people with that or even lower! Improving your DPS while slightly increasing your eHP will be your goal. Try getting another 8k HP. Also look into getting higher CD and AS. Your attack speed is brutally slow!

Try getting some vit on your neck and some CD on there if you can. Your shoulders are good. Helmet could do with some AR on there and possibly some vit too. Armour, gloves, bracers, pants, and rings are all good. Your boots should have AR on the, and possibly some more vit. Your quiver should have higher vit and more AS and CC honestly, but the disc boost is good. Your bow needs some higher base damage. You can get a manticore with much higher damage with similar or better stats across the board without going to the poor house. Give some of these things a look and I'm sure you'll be able to make it through act IV!

@Skynative

Nice looking build! Your eHP is in great shape. I'm torn about your witching hour. It gives great AS and CD while also giving you vit and AR. It seems like its a pretty decent piece for your AR and might not be hindering your DPS all that much. Try simulating an inns belt like mine on there to see what happens.

If you get an ammy with vit on it, you could drop the vit on your gloves and go for pure DPS (I'm thinking trifecta with high dex). You could also swap your pants our for inna's pants. You'll lose the AR, but make up a bunch of DPS. If you do this stuff, you'll have more than the max amount of movement speed and may have reduced your eHP a bit, so you could swap your bracers for something with AR, CC and high dex, or ones like mine with high dex, some vit and CC. You could also look into getting a manticore with similar DPS as yours just with a bunch of dex slapped on top.

Consider some of the things I've suggested - nothing is absolute and greatly relies on your play style and preferences. Put your build into the build calculator I linked in the first post. It will let you play with a bunch of things so you know (almost) exactly what you're getting.
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 11/4/2012 1:16 PM PST
Hi,

I am a new dh just got lvl 60 yesterday. I already had some money to spend, so got a few item.

I want a build that can get me a really fast farming speed while looking at the forum I found the vault build if I can call it like that.

I would like to know if I can drop a bit of res to get higher dps or will it make me die to fast to try farming higher mp for eventually doing uber boss.
-> gloom is amazing :)
Hi,

I am a new dh just got lvl 60 yesterday. I already had some money to spend, so got a few item.

I want a build that can get me a really fast farming speed while looking at the forum I found the vault build if I can call it like that.

I would like to know if I can drop a bit of res to get higher dps or will it make me die to fast to try farming higher mp for eventually doing uber boss.
-> gloom is amazing :)

You made the right call; demon hunters are the !@#$.

Anyways, you've got about 325k eHP which is quite good, so at this point you need to start getting your DPS up. Your hellfire ring is wrong btw, but I suspect you knew that haha. Try to work on the things I've outlined in the first post. It should give you a good idea of where you concentrate your focus.

As for your 'vault build', I hope it isn't a trail of cinders build. It has been nerfed massively in 1.05, so it can't really be used as an offensive skill like it used to be. Makes me sad, but that's just how it is. Now vault is largely a defensive move. It gets you out of tight spots sometimes, so definitely still use it. Just don't rely on it for any damage really, since ToC has been nerfed to the ground.
Thank you Genesis,

Yes the hellfire ring was from my wd I just use it for bonus xp my next hellfire ring will be a dex one. Vault is to move quick around the map and find the elite pack as quick as possible I use elemental arrow for dps.
Hi Genesis,

I bought some new nats pieces so I can now test out both legacy and new nats. I got two completely separate gear/skill setups depending on whether I am MP0 speed farming or doing MP7+ key/uber runs. Can you review the key/uber run gear and skill setup first? To make it easier I created an image with all the info you need: http://i.imgur.com/kb0wv.jpg

I think the amulette could be better and maybe lacunis for the bracers. Any upgrade seems to be at least 100M+ though. I got 110M currently with some 20M more in the AH. Let me know what you think my next purchase should be.

Edit: I also considered going for a higher DPS manticore. In theory I could get slightly higher DPS but then without the lifesteal. I love the lifesteal though for my xp runs as I barely have to use gloom in that setup...

Edit2: Another option would be to get the Nats Sight to complete the set and see what kind of impact the additional 20 disc would have. At that point I would have max disc of 76...
Edited by Philler#6216 on 11/4/2012 4:10 PM PST
evaluate my build please

trying to build a tanky high dps DH , something lyk 55~60k HP with 120k dps unbuffed, (long way to go)

i want to take it to the next level, how to best up my dps, should i upgrade 1 piece to the max or should i upgrade everything at once and then take incremental steps up the MP?

thanksss
I am open for any suggestions I can get. I can farm on MP0, one gets tough and 2 I die a lot. not sure if it is me or the gear. For some reason my gear isnt updating on my profile. I have put Star Emeralds in the chest instead of squares.

Thanks.
That's a good looking build. Your CC, CD and AS are all excellent - I wouldn't pump gold in there to increase them anymore. Right now, your biggest DPS hinderence is your low dex. Try to upgrade that as best you can. If you want to get a nats reflection, you could swap it out with your left ring. That would add a bunch of dex without causing you to lose attack speed (at the cost of some CD). It would be worth simulating in a build calculator.

You definitely need to work on your eHP though. You're running with 120k eHP. Your HP is kinda low, but not critical. Your resists, however, are quite low. You'll want to double that. You can get AR on your shoulders pretty easily. Also consider swapping your andys for a mempo. You'll lose some DPS, but youll increase your dex (get a high dex one), get %life, 70+ AR and you'll still have a socket.

Your budget of 20m should be able to get you a cheap reflection and a high dex mempo. Don't take my word for it though - simulate everything before buying.

Thanks for the advice! I have change to a mempo and a Natalya ring.. Gain roughly 20k dmg.. Working towards 200k goal!
@Seugrof

Ah ok. I would be careful vaulting around the maps without leg nats and your current eHP and DPS. If you get in a bad spot without any disc, you're basically going to die.

@Philler

I'll be honest, that is some really good gear. Your ammy is honestly quite good, I wouldn't be concerned about that. Lacunis might be a good place to go, but keep in mind that if you get CC ones, you will basically lose most of your dex and all your vit/AR unless you pay out hundreds of millions to billions for them. Your bow is excellent. I'm thoroughly jealous actually. I don't think your build needs a nats sight at all. A common direction for the top tier DHs these days is actually reducing extra disc (or completely eliminating it) to gain DPS and eHP. If you're curious, go to diabloprogress and sort by heroscore and then filter to DH. These guys are unbelievably good. If I had the gold, I'd be doing exactly what Beast has done. No extra disc, just raw damage and eHP. That guy has over 3x the eHP I have and double the unbuffed DPS. He's an animal. I'm pretty sure his cheapest piece of gear is like 2b though, so thats a bit out of my league.

To be completely honest, you've gone in a direction I've been debating with for a while. A lot of the top DHS (in terms of heroscore on diabloprogress) have gone for 3 piece nats and replaced the headgear with a mempo (granted, it's usually a 2b gold mempo haha). It's definitely a good approach both eHP and DPS wise, but its not cheap.

Why is the DPS in your profile so much lower than the image? From what I can tell, everything is the same. Regardless, great build. You've got some really awesome pieces there.

@tw623baller

You've definitely got the tank part of your build covered. You're nearly at 450k eHP right now. A smart move, if you're going in the tank direction, would be to drop the nats sight and never look back. Get a mempo up in there and stick a vit gem in there. Get nats boots for the set bonus and better stats than yours. Your right ring could also be replaced with nats reflection for the 3 piece set bonus. You could get vit on our necky without losing much of anything. In fact, I'm selling a necky that would go great with your build. Its got 79 dex, 105 vit, 44 AR, 51% CD and 8% CC. That's an expensive purchase, but it's the sort of thing a tanky build would want at some point in time. You're definitely on the right track if you're going for tank.

@Vance

Your eHP is a bit too low, so try increasing that. You'll want to do that through resists mostly. A little vit wouldn't hurt. Your CC is quite low (which is why you're using SS, I assume). Try to get away from that when you can. Your CD is also on the low side.

Gearwise, I have a couple comments. Your SoJ doesn't really make sense to me. The bonus on there isn't very useful. If you're using it for the disc bonus, i suppose thats reasonable. You can easily get that bonus on your armour and quiver though, and replace your ring with a much higher DPS one. You definitely need a new necky though. Get CD, CC, vit and dex (AR too if you can).

@SJYanG

That's what I like to hear! I'm glad it worked out for you. Your eHP went from 120k to 280k with that upgrade. EXCELLENT!!!
Hello. I recently rerolled my barb due to lack of interest spinning for the next 60 or so levels. Finding Dh's to be fun, and very mobile(which i really love about the class) i'm just wondering, with 23 mill to spend where would you see an upgrade (other than the Xbox) which i know, kinda is wonky. would you recommend a witching hour?

side question, was wondering would a 1300 1 slot manti out preform a 1070 2 slots even with the 2 90+ gems inside? the 1300 shows better on paper, but does the crit damage actually foreshadowed just by raw dps?

what exactly is ehp? been seeing that everywhere

trying very hard to be in the 200k dps range myself.
Edited by valiant617#1137 on 11/4/2012 9:41 PM PST
So now that my profile is updated I was wondering if you had any ideas for upgrades I should target.

I have about 15 MIL at the moment, but at this point I think my gear is good enough to start spending 15-20 Mil per piece of gear. Where would you start?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wooooo-1808/hero/99778
Hi Genesis,

I've been progressing pretty well for my DH so far. I have some decent damage (116k unbuffed w/o passives) but I feel like my eHP is lacking slightly. I could change my gloves to include some resist all but having trifecta really increases the damage i feel.

The only other place i could think of that would increase eHP is the ammy. Seems like any other upgrade is gonna cost at least 50m.

As far as damage goes, i think my dh may be missing some dex. but again its hard to find a place to put more dex on and would conflict my eHP.

Thoughts?
I'll be honest, that is some really good gear. Your ammy is honestly quite good, I wouldn't be concerned about that. Lacunis might be a good place to go, but keep in mind that if you get CC ones, you will basically lose most of your dex and all your vit/AR unless you pay out hundreds of millions to billions for them. Your bow is excellent. I'm thoroughly jealous actually. I don't think your build needs a nats sight at all. A common direction for the top tier DHs these days is actually reducing extra disc (or completely eliminating it) to gain DPS and eHP. If you're curious, go to diabloprogress and sort by heroscore and then filter to DH. These guys are unbelievably good. If I had the gold, I'd be doing exactly what Beast has done. No extra disc, just raw damage and eHP. That guy has over 3x the eHP I have and double the unbuffed DPS. He's an animal. I'm pretty sure his cheapest piece of gear is like 2b though, so thats a bit out of my league.

To be completely honest, you've gone in a direction I've been debating with for a while. A lot of the top DHS (in terms of heroscore on diabloprogress) have gone for 3 piece nats and replaced the headgear with a mempo (granted, it's usually a 2b gold mempo haha). It's definitely a good approach both eHP and DPS wise, but its not cheap.

Why is the DPS in your profile so much lower than the image? From what I can tell, everything is the same. Regardless, great build. You've got some really awesome pieces there.

Thanks. I also noticed the absence of +disc on the top ranked DHs. I am just a bit of a discipline junky and the extra disc does allow me to build it up while killing white mobs and then it comes in real handy against tougher elites. If your attack speed and crit chance are high enough then the extra disc pool would probably not be necessary. I could have bought a better DML and Embrace had I not gone for the extra disc. Anyway, I think the next upgrade would indeed cost at least 100M and it would be hard to chose where to start. Its like I am at 70% of what Beast is wearing but pushing the extra 35% would cost 20B :)
Hiya! Awesome thread would you mind lending your opinion one more time lol? I am going to spend around 400m for a upgrade or two. My goal for dps is to get around 300k without steady aim and just let my paragon levels increase my stats from there. I know my vit is on the lower side so I was thinking of starting with some vit inna's pants or vit vile wards first. Also my all res is currently at 379 so I know I should increase this some as well.
Hey Genesis!

I'll bite. I'd love to get your feedback on my build/gear: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/parrots-1585/hero/1430247. I recently switched to a Windforce and I've been enjoying that vs my old Manticore. I've been slowly upgrading to legendaries - mostly ones I can find here and there for 5-10mil. They've been helping me progress, but i feel like I'm getting to the point of diminishing returns without a ton more gold. I feel like my survivability is ok (296k eHP) and it's really my damage that is lacking (81kdps w/o passive buffs).

It seems for ~10mil a pop the best I can do is +2-3k DPS per upgrade. Is there anything I'm missing to give me a massive boost? If nothing is massively lacking, anything stand out as good candidate(s) to upgrade next?

Thoughts?
Edited by parrots#1585 on 11/5/2012 1:00 PM PST
Hello,

I have 22 mill and my goal is to save up and buy good but not best end game items 1 at a time. I just got my dead mans quiver for 21mill. I can upgrade as i find stuff to sell so I would like to upgrade in a good order. My most likely price range is 10-25 mill per piece. If you could recommend an upgrade order for me I would appreciate it. I typically run ha, cluster bombs, ss, prep, gloom, bat and play in a group. But I want to be able to solo as well. With the dps passives I have 71k dps.

thanks
Also I can't find that dh best in slot for 1.05 thread anywhere if someone could link it.
Edited by DWISETIGER#1836 on 11/5/2012 12:52 PM PST
Hey Genesis and all you professional DH players,

Can you please take a look at my DH and provide some in depth guidance? My goal is to make this into:

-Balanced DH that does pretty good dpd but NOT ignoring survivability (All Res, Life Regen, over 70k life). I have tried and DO NOT like the glass canon build as I for one do not have the gold nor like dying 100 times in a game.

-I prefer faster attack speed with hate dumping on monsters' faces. Tried Manticore 1.1k dps with 2 OS but never got used to its slow attack speed nor its slow hate build up.

-I did not go for Nat's 4 piece set as I believe I can benefit more from 2 different sets (get optimum bonus attributes from 2 diff sets as opposed to one single set (Nats).

Thanks and happy hunting!
Hey, i was wondering if you would take a look at my DH.

I'm not entirely sure what i should be looking for as far as upgrades go.

Thanks,

Stedms
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]