Diablo® III

Nekarat the Keywarden doing an insane damage

Been farming for the BS pattern (mp4) and noticed that i kept getting blasted from full to zero in about 2 seconds. Was unclear how to avoid/mitigate this dmg but from reading the forums it seems impossible. Im fine with dying 2-3 times per farming run since i only need the pattern once.

However, what I am NOT fine with is wondering how the hell im gonna kill or run away from this guy when I reach him with my current hc barb in inferno (#1 lost to 1.0.3 inferno a2, killed from full while frozen, #2 lost to a disconnect while farming for trophy hunting in a difficulty that really posed no threat). I cannot believe that the best available strategy is run away and hope to god he does not choose to 1 shot me while im in range of whatever attack he is using, but that is probably what I will do... Please do not fail me leap + charge + sprint.
Reply Quote
i don't know if this will help much, since my highest level is a wiz level 31, but a good strategy i used was to use ray of frost with rune numb to keep him away, and if he jails you/ gets to close use wave of force with impactful wave rune. the passives i used were evocation astral presence and blur.
Reply Quote
641,802 EHP, 668th ranked hardcore DH in the world

Mp2 nekarat, took him to 25% in a couple seconds, he casts the pool under me, i vault out of it, nothing it sight, i take a potion, and burn to death within 2 seconds from 100%.

RIP.

He is so far beyond any other monster in this game, he should come with a disclaimer.
Reply Quote
Glad to know i am not alone...T.T......10 attempt...he probably is the the impossible monster...i would probably say he is harder than all the bosses...i wanted a challenge i just never expected it to be quite impossible...

ALL HAIL NEKARAT!!!!....THE REAL PRIME EVIL!!!!!
Reply Quote
I just fought him. I had NOTHING but problems, dead sooo fast!
So, I turned the game off after my 10th or so death.
When I reloaded, I went back in there, and killed him on my first try. So maybe try reloading the game?
Reply Quote
I don't understand how one purple monster can be so much stronger than all of the other champions and elites and bosses. This guy dropped me like a bad habit. I lost my second hardcore character to him. Check it out if you want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHutO28iNU
Reply Quote
Just fought him on MP6 with 5 stacks....

That is one nasty fight. Died at least 3 times. You forget what it's like to die as CMWW sometimes. The DoT from the meteor he casts just obliterates me even with 700 AR, 4k armor, and diamond skin/crystal shell spam.
Reply Quote
Encountered him for the first time while playing on normal (I gave up on DIII for a few months and came back to check if the patches made things better). He killed me a handful of times and I gave up, instead choosing to go around him. I couldn't see wasting any more time and money fighting him. I went on to kill Diablo without a single death, haha!

I would get Nekarat almost down to 0 life and he would kill me... and that fully replenishes his life. Without that healing I guess he'd be a !@#$% but fine unless you're hardcore. Maybe if I got some other enemies on screen at the same time to kill and hope for health globes during the fight? But I didn't really have any time for strategy. He just flattened me.

I'm not using the MP system, just sticking with defaults.
Reply Quote
Hardest dude Ive had to fight
Reply Quote
Just get your stacks and invite me to game, I don't care what mp ill kill him for you.
Reply Quote
Oneshotted me on Nightmare mode mp2.
Got him down after getting his hp down with 903% rend 5 times over. Ofc I died 5 times in a row. Barely managed to put the dot on him.
Reply Quote
Okay guys, it's "Lame Strategy Time" from someone with absolutely no pride.

1) Find a hole in the floor that you can run around but cannot run through.
2) Bait Nekarat to attack you and run for the hole.
3) Stay on opposite sides of the hole from Nekarat.
4) Let your followers kill Nekarat.

This worked for me on Normal, MP0; took me about half an hour.
Edited by TempeteCoeur#1995 on 1/1/2013 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
This warden is a simple target if you know the drill for wizards:

1. Use frost ray (it will really slows him down)
2. Wave Force (if you got jailed)
3. Ice Armor (he got even slowed if he bash you)

I just got killed 2 times and got this idea. Oh, please remember, once he put up the insane fire drill, he will be healed. How insane is that?! for wizards, its nothing.
Reply Quote
As said in the last post use frost ray, wave force, ice armor and what also works is slow time Nekarat is so stupid to walk through the bubble.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised Nekarat isn't up for a nerf in the 1.7 patch.

I'm also surprised that his drop rate hasn't been investigated. It HAS to be bugged. I've done at least 20 runs at MP3 (and several at MP4) and he never dropped the plans, ever. Not even when I would play with my friend, dropped for neither one of us.

Seems like the only way to get the plans is to play at MP10, but I can't. Considering the entire Infernal Machine part of the game relies on him dropping this, and he never will, I can chalk this up as an entire aspect of the game I'm apparently not allowed to participate in.

But speaking of his nonsense instant kill fire pool, the most enraging part about this cheap attack is that it's flat-out cheating. For at least a second after you're well out of the pool, you're still taking damage. So if you touch the pool for even 1 millisecond and then run completely out of it, you still die.

As others have said, by itself it's not a huge issue that Nekarat can instantly kill you with nothing you can do about it, it's the fact that he is supposed to drop the plans and seemingly never does. The cheating instant kill is just frosting on the crap cake.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised Nekarat isn't up for a nerf in the 1.7 patch.

I'm also surprised that his drop rate hasn't been investigated. It HAS to be bugged. I've done at least 20 runs at MP3 (and several at MP4) and he never dropped the plans, ever. Not even when I would play with my friend, dropped for neither one of us.

Seems like the only way to get the plans is to play at MP10, but I can't. Considering the entire Infernal Machine part of the game relies on him dropping this, and he never will, I can chalk this up as an entire aspect of the game I'm apparently not allowed to participate in.

But speaking of his nonsense instant kill fire pool, the most enraging part about this cheap attack is that it's flat-out cheating. For at least a second after you're well out of the pool, you're still taking damage. So if you touch the pool for even 1 millisecond and then run completely out of it, you still die.

As others have said, by itself it's not a huge issue that Nekarat can instantly kill you with nothing you can do about it, it's the fact that he is supposed to drop the plans and seemingly never does. The cheating instant kill is just frosting on the crap cake.

completely agree. I have killed him at least two dozen times at mp2 and mp3 and still no plans. The one shot fire pool is incredibly annoying. Balance just doesn't seem right with the boss. My assumption is that for 1.0.7 this fight will be fixed even though they haven't mentioned it yet. Sure hope so!
Edited by SDmodified#1408 on 1/19/2013 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
As annoying as he is, and though I haven't gotten the pattern to drop yet from him on mp4, he's not TOO difficult. I just kite him with smoke screen and bola shot with thunder ball, always making sure to stay out of range of his fire aoe. Works like a charm.
Edited by Vagus#1858 on 1/20/2013 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lost my first hc dh shortly after hitting 60 to this extremely lame mob, even using smoke screen and trying to flee I was still dying to whatever stupid ability he had cast even though I was already several screens away. Terrible designed mob from a half @ssed patch to keep people interested but whatever.

Its been over 8 months since release and we still don't have any sign of a decent and balanced pvp system outside of the slapped together dueling next patch or even a ladder system. Hopefully when they decide to cash in again and do an expansion they go and do a full on game overhaul and fix everything that is wrong with this game that makes it so bad compared to other arpgs. Game still feels like it was rushed imho even after all the patches trying to fix it, it really needs some of that old blizzard north level of polish but maybe thats just me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Screw Diablo, this guy should be the prime evil.
Reply Quote
I just died straight up after getting him to 1/16 of his health and then he healed all of his health back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]