Diablo® III

Massive FPS drop, rMBP 15"

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a MASSIVE fps drop from two-to-three days ago. Literally one night before I was running fine on native rMBP resolution, then the next day I logged in it was completely unplayable. I'm now still getting shoddy fps on one of the lowest resolutions offered- Was there a behind the scenes update I wasn't aware of? Did the newest mountain lion slow me down?

I didn't change any drivers or anything recently, is anyone experiencing similar problems?--

P.S. when diablo 3 is unplayable, my activity says only 10% of the CPU is being used with some 5-6 gigs of ram still available; is this a software based issue?

UPDATE: Upon further research on the forum I've found that resetting my SMP (?) has fixed the problem, for other users experiencing similar symptoms, force quit any non-responding programs then press the left side --shift + control + alt/option and power buttons at the same time, releasing them at the same time. This will shutdown the computer, reactivate with the power button--- and tadaaaa my FPS is fixed :D
Edited by Hareware#1517 on 11/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
try resetting pram and smc. also, install windows on your mac if you want to run games properly. you will get about half the frames you could be getting in windows in osx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]