Diablo® III

Voice of the forum Blizzard cares, Why?

These days companies have so many customers they don't care if they a certain %age. There's plenty more out there.
Reply Quote
huh you lost me there
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While indeed the forums (and social media in general) are intended for players to interact and chat with each other about whatever interests them, I whole-heartedly disagree that we don’t care about feedback. We do care, and feedback from the forums has absolutely influenced the direction of Diablo III.

The thing is, we as community managers don’t make the calls on what should and shouldn’t be implemented or changed in Diablo III. That’s not our job. So it’s true that you’ll never see us saying we’re tasking the development team for anything, because we don’t make those sorts of decisions for them.

What we DO do, however, is to keep in touch with the development team and relay important discussions and trends that we see in the forums on to them. Similarly, we often work with our developers so that they can relay information to us about what’s going on behind the scenes with Diablo III, and help us to answer your questions. This community is certainly full of ideas and competing points of view, and they are all extremely valuable to us. Your discussions often provide insight into concerns and ideas that may or may not have been prominent on our radar, and our job as community representatives is make sure the developers are aware of what you think.

At the end of the day, it’s up for the developers to determine what decisions are made for Diablo III. Those decisions can be influenced by the community at-large, and we genuinely appreciate that so many of you take the time to leave us constructive feedback, regardless of whether or not it is directly incorporated into Diablo III.
Edited by Vaeflare on 11/6/2012 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
another excellent CM post (not sarcastic)
Edited by Terawatt#1389 on 11/6/2012 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Let the blues do their jobs guys.
Reply Quote
props to vaeflare for relaying all our feedback

you must have the patience of a saint to filter through the countless garbage threads
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Can you imagine what this game would be like if Blizzard actually listened to their players? It'd be the biggest loathsome load of garbage.
Edited by Variant#1584 on 11/6/2012 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
props to vaeflare for relaying all our feedback

you must have the patience of a saint to filter through the countless garbage threads

Thanks for the kind words. :) I try to be as candid and unbiased with the feedback I gather and pass along as much as I can. While I sometimes raise an eyebrow at some of the threads and posts that are scattered about the Diablo III forums, I know that for the vast majority of players, the reason they’re posting here is because they’re passionate about the game. When you realize that players are posting because they’re passionate, it’s a lot easier to see eye-to-eye with people and treat them with respect, even if you might politely disagree with their opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Providence
You're wrong. I could explain why but i don't have that kind of time

You remind me of a garden gnome. I could explain why but i don't have that kind of time
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Brahm
Show me a blizzard post that has to do with a change and gives credit to the poster for coming up with the idea

They can't. They can say thank you for the suggestion, and we may or may not see some iteration of that thing in game, but no game company will ever directly credit a random forum poster with an in game idea.
Reply Quote
View profile
This thread is sad, misguided and ignorant of fact. Blizz has been awesome in turning D3 into what looks to fast be evolving into the best ARPG ever released to the world.

They do a fantastic job communicating with us, the player-base. This isn't Facebook BTW :)
Reply Quote
It would be nice to get more direct developer feedback about the future direction of the game - direct Q&As with Wyatt, Jay, and others instead of the sanitized, wordsmithed, PR-speak we get from the Community Managers.

The ghost-written patch release blogs and magazine interviews are nice for describing current state, but they give no vision for the future. Whatever happened to the rumored Q&As and AMAs and such? I think the last one was June? It would be nice to once again get the kind of dialog that is only possible when real people ask the developers direct questions, like in an AMA.

Coax them out of their ivory towers once in a while - it will be good for them.
Reply Quote
You report too much obviously.

This game is getting mind numbingly easy. I mean, it was always pretty easy with just a simple grind but now.... I mean, damn I need some pvp.

The vocal community at large is also a bunch of facebook loving, console gaming carebears who wouldn't know what a decent gameplay experience is if their lives depended on it. Either that or they are trolling. Take your pick.

Oh wow. What nice generalisation you're making there. I guess you can play Gradius V at very hard, get the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4, complete F-Zero GX with your eyes shut, breeze through Ninja Gaiden Black, and complete Donkey Kong Country Returns while eating breakfast...

No, you can't. So keep your comments about the player types to yourself.
Reply Quote
I read the first few lines then stopped reading this gibberish...
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thanks for the kind words. :) I try to be as candid and unbiased with the feedback I gather and pass along as much as I can. While I sometimes raise an eyebrow at some of the threads and posts that are scattered about the Diablo III forums, I know that for the vast majority of players, the reason they’re posting here is because they’re passionate about the game. When you realize that players are posting because they’re passionate, it’s a lot easier to see eye-to-eye with people and treat them with respect, even if you might politely disagree with their opinions.

So passionate that I got banned from the Forums... (for 24 hours)

Anyways... I hope all goes well with development. I'm getting married in a few months time so I will probably be cutting a few hours of Diablo here and there in preparation of the Ceremony and Reception. This should give the development team enough time to put PVP together for Fiance and I to try out later.
Reply Quote
While the OP is correct on many instances, he is not totally accurate. While it's true that Blizzard takes their own stance with game balance for pretty much every case, the more optional things are very much influenced by player/community feedback.

11/06/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Cowking

So passionate that I got banned from the Forums... (for 24 hours)

Anyways... I hope all goes well with development. I'm getting married in a few months time so I will probably be cutting a few hours of Diablo here and there in preparation of the Ceremony and Reception. This should give the development team enough time to put PVP together for Fiance and I to try out later.

Yeah, I've had that happen too... Sadly, sometimes passionate comments are taken as too offensive (even without strong language) for the CMs to let slide...

P.S. Congrats on finding a spouse that shares your passions!
Edited by Scorch#1428 on 11/6/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
blizz cares.. its free ideas..
blizz team vs world... who can create more ?
its definitely not the blizz team...
Reply Quote
If you think bliz is going to change something because some people cried about it. WRONG. They are making the decisions based on metrics (or at least should be). Take note to EVERY Blue post ever.

I don't know if this was a troll thread or not.

Quite a few gaming companies rely on community feedback when it comes to improving their games.

Just look at other official gaming forums where the developers communicate with their players.

Even competitive fighting games such as SFxT or MK needed community feedback when it came to making balance decisions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]