Diablo® III

Voice of the forum Blizzard cares, Why?

View profile
You are like the Chinese said, 'A lantern that made of hide, no matter how hard you lit it and it still won't shine'.

Enough of puzzle. :)

I understand you that some bugs are just hard to get rid of. However, everything you have said are just speculations, all the 'could be' means nothing. The FACT is they ignored all the threads that asked for help on the issue for weeks! I, like many others, have not played a decent game since the patch. Everyday I log in to see if anything has improved and I give up in 5 minutes. And yet they keep ignoring our request for help, no acknowledgment, no response. Do you understand how it's like being us?

I see the quality in you, persistence is a good thing. I bet you could do a better job than the customer service of Blizzard.

Sure I would do my best, but I do have to tell you that I would be a little hesitant to post a reply on that forum. Due to the treatment that other blue post and MVP posts have received in the past. That would make me a little leery of posting, but there is a way around it. I would tell Blizz to post a blog on the official website. Telling them it is important to let your players know that you are aware of the problem.

Also, if I did post I would probably ask you and others if you are using any other programs while running D3. Such as Xfire, Skype, Ventrillo, etc... Ones that do not really violate the rules by modifying the game to give you an unfair advantage over others. It could even be giving you problems because you are using the program that just darkens the game to give you that dark look to make it more like what you feel Diablo should be.

I would also ask you what system specs you have, maybe even having you post a dxdiag dump that would. If there is any file in D3 that can also help troubleshoot the problem I would probably need that as well. Further I might want to know what you were doing when the lag started. What class were you using, what skills where you using at the time when the lag started. With as much info as possible, then it might be possible to determine what is causing your lag. Because I know that personally I have not experience the lag you have playing during this patch.

I know that some of the things that I mentioned here might seem like I am reaching for straws. But I am not willing to rule out any possibility no matter how silly it might appear to be. I know from personal experience that sometimes what would seem the most silly is sometimes the answer to the problem.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Rhyas9
It's just that the more you hear the tired "you can't expect changes overnight" or "no game is released without first day problems" or similar by blues/greens, you get the feeling they're not listening and just playing for time.

So then tell me what PC game that you have played that was perfect on release. One that was truly free of any bugs at all. I do not know of a single PC game to date that released a perfect bug free copy.

Do you expect Blizz to have a magic wand that is so powerful that it can fix any issue a split second after it is reported. Make any changes needed within a flash of light. Sorry Blizz does not have such things. Even though they are professionals they are imperfect human beings, and as such they are prone to making mistake, yes even big mistakes when making a game.

Trust me they are listening, they are just not gonna change the game to suit every forum poster. You know that they could not do that without taking the game in thousands of different directions.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:09 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
So then tell me what PC game that you have played that was perfect on release. One that was truly free of any bugs at all. I do not know of a single PC game to date that released a perfect bug free copy.

The game didn't have mere bugs on release. It was unplayable to some on release, it was inaccessible to a larger number on release. It was lacking features on release. It wasn't the game we expected...on release.

There used to be a time, admittedly when PC games were less complex, when you wouldn't say "we could always fix it later" because you couldn't. And games that shipped had to be as "complete" and "working" as possible on day one. Granted even then you still had obvious bug-ridden messes. But games of recent memory almost have this deliberate feeling, safe in the knowledge that you get more chances to fix stuff post release.

11/09/2012 06:09 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Trust me they are listening

Yea...I'll have to start fully trusting blues/greens before I even start trusting a player. Not to belittle your faith in Blizz. I have less. That's all.
Reply Quote
You are like the Chinese said, 'A lantern that made of hide, no matter how hard you lit it and it still won't shine'.

Enough of puzzle. :)

I understand you that some bugs are just hard to get rid of. However, everything you have said are just speculations, all the 'could be' means nothing. The FACT is they ignored all the threads that asked for help on the issue for weeks! I, like many others, have not played a decent game since the patch. Everyday I log in to see if anything has improved and I give up in 5 minutes. And yet they keep ignoring our request for help, no acknowledgment, no response. Do you understand how it's like being us?

I see the quality in you, persistence is a good thing. I bet you could do a better job than the customer service of Blizzard.

Sure I would do my best, but I do have to tell you that I would be a little hesitant to post a reply on that forum. Due to the treatment that other blue post and MVP posts have received in the past. That would make me a little leery of posting, but there is a way around it. I would tell Blizz to post a blog on the official website. Telling them it is important to let your players know that you are aware of the problem.

Also, if I did post I would probably ask you and others if you are using any other programs while running D3. Such as Xfire, Skype, Ventrillo, etc... Ones that do not really violate the rules by modifying the game to give you an unfair advantage over others. It could even be giving you problems because you are using the program that just darkens the game to give you that dark look to make it more like what you feel Diablo should be.

I would also ask you what system specs you have, maybe even having you post a dxdiag dump that would. If there is any file in D3 that can also help troubleshoot the problem I would probably need that as well. Further I might want to know what you were doing when the lag started. What class were you using, what skills where you using at the time when the lag started. With as much info as possible, then it might be possible to determine what is causing your lag. Because I know that personally I have not experience the lag you have playing during this patch.

I know that some of the things that I mentioned here might seem like I am reaching for straws. But I am not willing to rule out any possibility no matter how silly it might appear to be. I know from personal experience that sometimes what would seem the most silly is sometimes the answer to the problem.

Of course we can start right now. You start a thread and I follow you answer your thread. If you can make them acknowledge the problem in their blog, all the better. Give Blizzard two weeks time and see 'how much they care'. I wish you can prove me wrong, but knowing Blizzard, good luck with that.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Gunny
At the end of the day, it’s up for the developers to determine what decisions are made for Diablo III. Those decisions can be influenced by the community at-large, and we genuinely appreciate that so many of you take the time to leave us constructive feedback, regardless of whether or not it is directly incorporated into Diablo III.

I really LOL'ed at this one. Decisions influenced by the community? Really? Maybe some class tweaks, but nothing substantial.

I've been playing Blizzard games since the original Warcraft series and can honestly say that only in the past few years have I noticed the trend of design decisions seeming to be driven by profit. Is this due to the acquisition of one company by another? Who knows? I do know that Diablo 3 is the most blatant money grab of a game I've witnessed.

From an outsider perpsective it seems to have been released to cover profit loss during flagging subs at the end of a WoW expansion. Why do I say that? Because they tied it directly into WoW with the Annual Pass and released it during one of the worst lulls in WoW history as far as subs and activity in game.

Look at D3 itself. The entire loot system seems to revolve around a Gold AH with a completely inflated economy which encourages buying gold from.. you guessed it.. the RMAH, and the Real Money AH that Blizzard gets a cut of. Now you have a portion of the player base that doesn't even treat the game as a game, they treat it as a source of income, and the drop rate seems to be tied into the AH system some how to offset this obsessive grinding.

The entire thing is pathetic for a game that has fun mechanics but completely crushes character progression for anyone not willing to spend ridiculous amounts of time doing repetitious, boring, timed runs through the same stretch of content over and over... or willing to buy their gear/gold with real $$.

Did I miss anything here? Does this sound like player input has influenced this?

^
This
Reply Quote
View profile
The game didn't have mere bugs on release. It was unplayable to some on release, it was inaccessible to a larger number on release. It was lacking features on release. It wasn't the game we expected...on release.

There used to be a time, admittedly when PC games were less complex, when you wouldn't say "we could always fix it later" because you couldn't. And games that shipped had to be as "complete" and "working" as possible on day one. Granted even then you still had obvious bug-ridden messes. But games of recent memory almost have this deliberate feeling, safe in the knowledge that you get more chances to fix stuff post release.

What expecting the game to be a perfect carbon copy of D2:LOD with all of it's features. I knew that would not be happening.

This part of being able to fix games later came from the fact that it is an online game. When you have an online game you can fix them later as opposed to an offline only game. All offline only games have to have virtually no bugs, but then again they are no doubt easier and cheaper than an online only game.

Plus I expect online games to have bugs and server stability issues. It seems like it is part of the territory, goes with playing an online game. That is why I will from now on wait at least a couple of weeks before attempting to play any new online game. I know that within the first couple of weeks that most stability issues should be handled. It was that way with City of Heroes, because when I started playing was around the second week of it being launched and I had no stability issues. The only problem was server capacity.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Gunny
Look at D3 itself. The entire loot system seems to revolve around a Gold AH with a completely inflated economy which encourages buying gold from.. you guessed it.. the RMAH, and the Real Money AH that Blizzard gets a cut of. Now you have a portion of the player base that doesn't even treat the game as a game, they treat it as a source of income, and the drop rate seems to be tied into the AH system some how to offset this obsessive grinding.

Sorry Mr Tinfoil hatter the drops are not tied to the AH in any way.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Gunny
Sorry Mr Tinfoil hatter the drops are not tied to the AH in any way.

And you know this because???

It would no doubt be very hard to make a program that could change the drop rate on the fly and tie it to the auction house without it breaking some other portion of the game.

Besides if the drop rates were adjusted on the fly. Then players could not possibly be better geared than the devs expected them to be, which is what Wyatt Cheng said during the AMAA. Player's gear is far ahead of where the devs expect it to be these days. Hence the birth of MP and the inferno machine to give better geared players the challenge that they crave.

Also the prices in the auction house for decent gear would not have dropped. Now there are players that can build themselves a budget build class x and clear inferno, even on an MP setting of 2. If the auction house controlled the drops then that gear would still be expensive.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:45 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
"This act will change your world forever -- with consequences even I cannot foresee. However, it is the only way to ensure mankind's survival."

Beautiful words. You probably enjoyed D1 and 2 as much as I did in the good times. I will gladly share some insights with another gaming dinossaur. I remember back then. D1 I used a rogue and I even had a Windforce. In D2, I had a very cool necromancer.

But come on Sherlock, we surely can interpret further than that. Now, did Tyrael mean that the barries between Sanctuary and the Burning Hells would be broken, or

That we would be slaves to a disconnecting server? That in the new world we can't have more than 4 players together? That only a few skill builds would allow your survival (until the nerfs, at least)? That we would need a gear so specific that they are virtually impossible to get? That our loot system would be a slave to an "auction house"? (just a reminder, the cm Bashiok mentioned on the forums the need to control drops by the AH "market", and of course right after he tried to say that he didn't, link bellow)

OK, maybe we can justify that by saying "hey, sorry if you were used to freedom, but these are different times", or even "details, details". Even could be that the new game director is so brilliant that I can't begin to comprehend the new basic concepts.

Right. Who am I to argue with formalisms? That's the devs decisions, I have no say in that!

After all, they wanted a different game, not a D2 with better graphics. That's probably why they brought back MP, Uber bosses and 'new' legendaries in a desperate attempt to rescue the game. Confusing? Not yet, stick with me.

What about the non-formal aspects? May I have a say in that?

I've seen Diablo's lore from the begining, and I think that it's very unlikely that, after all they've been through, the angels would just throw THE Prime Evil from the roof WITH the soulstone. Like, DUH? Tyrael, are you on crack? Destroy that stone! Don't throw it to the ground. Did Malthael's absence take away all the wisdom from the angels? And since we're on wisdom, why let Adria just walk away after doing that? And since we're on that, on Diablo II we destroyed the screaming spirits of Diablo Mephisto and Baal in the hellforge. How the hell (literally) did they get in the black soulstone?

And[3] we're all still wondering why wouldn't Belial and Azmodan join forces, since they knew very well what happened to their pals who decided to take Sanctuary and failed - even when there were no nephalens there because of the Worldstone.

Suicidal tendencies, maybe?

Suicidal tendencies are also a great explanation to why Mr. Cain would, as Adria said, "suspect" that Lea's dad was that nice, hardworking and caring father we all know and do absolutely nothing about it.

There are also many details that are 'confusing' to say the least. For example, the witch Magda couldn't steal the fragmens right next to her. She gets angry and what does she do instead? Steals a whole person, right next to her.

Maybe she was just bluffing. Pretended to take Tyrael when, in fact, she took away all the good gear from the game.

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764997?page=3#49
Reply Quote
View profile
Look Will I knew that with a different world that would mean a different game. And since this was an online only game it would be plagued with server stability issues as all online games suffer during launch. That has nothing to do with Tyrael's statement. I knew that there would be different class, skills, etc..

Since no dev team has been able to make a perfect game where the classes are perfectly balanced and needed zero nerfs or buffs. I knew that we would see a round of nerfs. I knew it was coming. I also knew that the chances of exploits rearing their ugly head would happen as well.

I knew that there would be no stat point and skill point allocation and was perfectly fine with that decision. Because both are only an illusion of customization anyway. This system has the best chances for true customization when the devs get all classes to the point that they want them to be.

Also when they fix the itemization where we have more choices in gearing our characters then we will see even more customization.

So in conclusion I knew that it would be better for the devs to make a new game instead of rehashing D2:LOD. Because it would not have sold nearly as many units as they did with the game as it was at launch.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Iolanthe
Let the blues do their jobs guys.

11/06/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Vaeflare
The thing is, we as community managers don’t make the calls on what should and shouldn’t be implemented or changed in Diablo III.

...?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Oh wow. What nice generalisation you're making there. I guess you can play Gradius V at very hard, get the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4, complete F-Zero GX with your eyes shut, breeze through Ninja Gaiden Black, and complete Donkey Kong Country Returns while eating breakfast...

No, you can't. So keep your comments about the player types to yourself.

Well, actually, Ninja Gaiden Black was kinda easy ;P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
or you can totally ignore the fans and player base and produce the largest pile of virtual crap.

example; swtor.

enough said.
Reply Quote
People are quite delusional. Of course blizzard cares about the voices on the forum. This is like free primary market research for them. Do you know how much this cost a company to do? Having a forum like this is ingenious, it saves so much $$$$. Having said that, this DOES NOT mean that blizzard will consider all voices, as they will only implement whatever that is viable for the company profit model and how they expect D3 to be for the years to come. This is a business and a well run one for that matters.

I am sure blizzard has a good understanding of how my users has left the game and how many users that are stay playing, much better than we do. Considering that no patch has been released and they are planning to make a decent profit when the expansion comes along, I would expect the number of players in game are still hitting critical mass. Otherwise drastic action would've been taken.

I personally am experiencing an empty friends list like a lot of people on this forum, but I do not have a large enough sample size to judge how well D3 is doing. I am also finding MF / Paragon grinding to be tedious and extremely boring, and I expect many to be with me on this boat as well. However, we as end users do not have access the information that blizzard does to the health and state of the game and how it impacts d3 future growth and profitability.
Reply Quote
You report too much obviously.

This game is getting mind numbingly easy. I mean, it was always pretty easy with just a simple grind but now.... I mean, damn I need some pvp.

The vocal community at large is also a bunch of facebook loving, console gaming carebears who wouldn't know what a decent gameplay experience is if their lives depended on it. Either that or they are trolling. Take your pick.

Or people simply have different ideas of what fun is. How condescending of you to assume your personal views are the only viable way to deliver a successful experience. You're entitled to your opinions, but you must also realize they aren't the truth set in stone. You get your chance to voice out your points of view, and so do others who may or may not agree with you. Grow up and stop pretending the world turns around you.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Providence
You're wrong. I could explain why but i don't have that kind of time

I'll try, a little bit.

#1 some game developers DO listen to their fans. A lot. (There's this game "Nation Red" on steam.... ;] )

#2 the real reason why blizz doesn't care what players say is much simpler: they already have our $$$$$. unlike a developer who is trying to cultivate goodwill out of their customers for the future, though, acti/blizz/D3 team knows they will never have a chance to steal money from so many ppl at one time again ever, especially since D3 was such a disaster.

#3 blizz does acknowledge that they didn't think of stuff. no examples off the top of my head, but I've def seen it. granted, half of the time it's cuz those ideas are ridic bad, but ........ still.

#4 yes, the community is in consensus about some things. u make it sound worse than it is. NOBODY likes ID'ing, for example. NOBODY likes trash item drops, for example. NOBODY (who cares about the subject in the 1st place) likes that pub co-op is dead since MP levels were introduced, for example. U need to open ur eyes and wake up and stop posting garbage like what u posted. Get with the program tbh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]