Diablo® III

Follower items are absolutely useless...

11/07/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Mirick
You can gear then to add a tiny bit of MF...somewhat useful.

I wouldn't consider 28% useless, considering I can farm 1 MP level lower (a lot faster) with more MF..
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:58 AMPosted by TonyS1X
The Follower-Special items should have +Skill affixes on them to boost one of the 12 skills they can learn. This would actually justify having items specifically for the followers.

If you only knew what a pimped 'chantress can do with erosion and forceful push, boosted skills would not be something you would contemplate.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anuhart-2131/hero/6733900
Reply Quote
I expect my follower to be dead when in the vicinity of a goblin. just use it as a mf stick and 3% crit chance.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

i'd hunt far and wide for one that cast cone of silence on my follower. :P
Reply Quote
Things that would make follower items more interesting:

MF
GF
Crit Chance
Attack Speed bonus
Bonus to follower skill (x)

Those would make follower items much more interesting.
Edited by Izzuel74#1373 on 11/7/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

What would be cool is if you stripped the stats off of the relics and instead gave them cool abilities or procs like a chance for the enchantress to do a room clearing AOE pulse like a wizard or for the templar to get a paladin-ish aura, something along that so the relics become more about customizing your favorite follower to compliment your build in fun ways instead of just boring follower only stat sticks.

Just an Idea.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Scourge
Followers are absolutely useless.

Agree. I can't even buy my enchantress nice clothes and help her change.
Reply Quote

I had an idea for long time. Add some sort of special effect to followers just like +skill affixes for players, and follower's SET items.

Special affix could be like this, for example mass control turned mobs into a chicken, but think about Scroll of Companion which was removed in later version of beta, there are so many "cute little creatures", so why not add affix like "turn mobs into a snake or a pig instead of chicken" something? Nothing big, just add some sense of humor into the gameplay, IMO.

And there are many more, you can get ideas from the community.
Reply Quote

1) A % of the stats on these items is shared to your main character
2) Allow followers to party together...in a group party (with reduced dmg/ effect if you are worried about overpower)
3) Subject to 2), allow followers of party members flirt with each other
Reply Quote

Give follower relics a socket that would enable an assortment of new effects based on a pre-required gem type that unlocks these abilities. For example, an Enchantress relic could have a topaz gem requirement, (where it only accepts topaz gems), and once inserted, the ability that is UNIQUE to that specific relic (and not to the gem itself) becomes activated.

This ability would become stronger depending on the level of the gem inserted.
Reply Quote
Follower relics are terribad. An end game follower relic will cost you about 8m , you know there's an issue there.
Reply Quote
Followers need more power, in MP+5 are totally useless, just try to remember your act 2 follower in Diablo 2, with nice runewords can tank and kill everything.

I think the next patch need to improve more power and items for the followers to make them 100% able to play in MP10.

Yes in MP10 obviously with nice follower gear ;)
Reply Quote
Followers in multiplayer games!
Reply Quote

I think one thing that would make different follower items interesting and lucrative is if different kinds lent a special bonus or spell, as though in addition to (or even improving) the abilities that followers can train. For example, one type of relic, let's say the saints tears line, increases the effect of the Templars' heals, while tomes maybe reduce the cooldowns on his crowd controls, while grails increase damaging abilities. Just an example of a possible combination. Alternatively, new types of relics could be "legendary" relics that have these kinds of effects.

Likewise, the enchantress could have options to boost her spells, like even more attack speed buff, larger radius for her crowd controls, and the like. Ditto for the Scoundrel and his abilities.

As far as possible new abilities from gear, that would not be unlike some legendaries that put unique effects on players. Perhaps a slight armor aura from the paladin, the ability for the enchantress to create duplicates.

An alternative, direct approach to the heavy design additions I have considered above would be for relics alone to also allow 20% of their value to be added to the player as all adventuring stats are. Not a huge boost, but it could make for some interesting choices.
Edited by Daybreak#1587 on 11/7/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
1) Allow thier items to have movement speed increase that applies to both.
2) Any item worn by them that has pickup radius, applies to both the character and the follower.
3) Aura's like others have stated.
4) Allow auto item pickup of other things: Crafting stuff, gems, rares. I can see people swaping out thier followers gear based upon what they are hunting for treasure wise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]