Diablo® III

Follower items are absolutely useless...

Check out my token on my Templar and Enchantress I think that they are both pretty decent.
Reply Quote
Followers are useless in general.
Reply Quote
Followers could use to be completely redesigned. I mean you guys forced the game to be online all the time. So there is zero point to play solo. But yet the follower is only there solo. And lets be honest, its not like they "even the odds" solo, all they do is aggro things you don't want to aggro or die constantly. Occasionally they get off a charm/stun/buff spell, then promptly die.

But having them there in single and multilayer would be awesome. Especially if they did more then give a pathetic amount of MF/GF.
Reply Quote
Have the bonus of set items apply to them. I equipped my Enchantress with the rings Wailing Host and Litany of Undaunted, her damage and life improved quite a bit, but we gets no benefit for the bonus for equipping a completed set.
Reply Quote
How about Legendary Follower relics? 1 for each class that has a unique bonus (move speed, attack speed, crit chance?) and more of what we are actually using them for - Gold Find and Magic Find. Make it a high enough amount so that it matters considering we only get a percentage of it.

On another note, we can all agree that in their current state they aren't anything more than extra MF/GF. At Paragon Level 100, this becomes a moot point. There needs to be something else unique to the slot. Aura's, Pickup Radius, maybe an increased chance of Legendary drops, something useful for every class.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

Quick and easy to implement - give Relics the ability to boost the natural skills of their corresponding Followers. Couple of examples: for the Enchantress' Charm, a Relic could roll + 1-3 sec extension to the duration of the spell; for the Templar's Guardian - reduce the cooldown by 5-10 sec.

Every Follower ability could get a small but helpful boost through a well rolled Relic. Also, would be really nice if at some point in the future we could even find Legendary Relics, giving extra or special bonuses to more than one skill.
Reply Quote
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

Allow crowd control effects to roll on follower items. For example:

scoundrel tokens can roll % chance to freeze, slow, immobilize, etc.
Or add +cold damage.

Allow buffs to existing abilities on the followers.
Reply Quote
Posted by Grimiku

Right now there doesn't seem to be anything that separates the follower relic from an offhand or something. It feels like a glorified stat stick (which is fine, but why bother with the uniqueness of having a relic item slot then?).

Some utility and/or cosmetic changes would be cool. More frequent usage of a certain spell/ ability? or that spell/ ability would scale more with stats? Or tweaking some of the abilities in the same manner as a rune might?
Edited by harris#1550 on 11/7/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
What about adding things that made Follower skills proc more often? or changed their 3 skills so0o they were slightly better? Edit....ok so0o other people have already stated this... but its still a good idea
Reply Quote
Legendary Ones with cool effects like a templar holy cross that can resurrect you every 3 min. An Enchantress one that makes her go into archon mode every now and then. And something cool for the Scoundrel.

Oh also give them full armor sets and give player 20% of all effects added. This would make some otherwise useless items really fun to have and use
Edited by Kill#1777 on 11/7/2012 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
uh...my scoundrel owns he freezes all the mobs so i can hit them hard.
Reply Quote

Nothing would be more interesting to see than allowing our followers stay in co-op games.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Scourge
Followers are absolutely useless.

That's because people aren't using them right.

They're not DPS dealers, per say. The best way to get the most out of your follower is to equip them with those "useless" legendaries you find that have effective procs. I have an 880 DPS (low) on my Scoundrel. With his blind skill, thats 4 procs effects streaming from my follower...Blind, Massive bleed, Slow and snare all coming off multi-shot.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/7/2012 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Teelo
Allows the follower to stay with the character while in a party with one other player.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Vekkul
Allows the follower to stay with the character while in a party with one other player.

Agreed. It's not like they're pumping out 100k DPS.

It was always fun to show off your Merc in D2.
Reply Quote
Hello? Korea is a user like Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 release shortly after happened to also add fun and also feel a lot!
I contact's magic chance item for items 1-10 step-by-step, what to inquire about acquisition of offered I paragon 90 level is legend coming out similar 1-4 system & set with some other probability, I think, a step-by-step toward to increase the likelihood that the legends get? 25% difference also big questions are, but that the effect was similar to the probability of items 1 through 10?
Reply Quote
Stuff like. Special relic that give special ability,like enhancing your fire damage to become lava or adds electric to ur ice damage , creating minor stun etc lol

It's gonna be tough to add those effect tho lol
Reply Quote
If its improving followers, I'd suggest (maybe as a LV60 item only) that it gives a +% damage increase to the follower so that they pack a bit more of a punch. My scoundrel is well-geared, and can put out 8.6k DPS (which is pretty nice for a lousy and weak follower I might add) but still if they had a +% damage bonus on their follower item then it would make them more useful... or for the templar give them a +% bonus to HP or agro increase (yes there is no agro, but how else is he supposed to tank an enemy in Inferno?)
Reply Quote

totally on for special abilities/proc

paladin aura(unique niche defensive, smt like a dmg reduction aura for the paladin only), proc for holy nova(aoe attack), a heal for main char proc(support).

scoundrel proc for fan of knives(aoe attack), a proc for an 30% extra speed(unique niche dmg dealer), a proc for making both him and the player invisible shortly(support).

enchantress frozen orb proc(ranged frost nova, unique niche utility) a proc for absorb dmg(support), a proc for arcane explosion(aoe attack)

say if each pric was given by a legendary follower item ? :P followers legendaries!!!
Edited by Dumah#2134 on 11/7/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]