Diablo® III

Follower items are absolutely useless...

Hello? Korea is a user like Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 release shortly after happened to also add fun and also feel a lot!
I contact's magic chance item for items 1-10 step-by-step, what to inquire about acquisition of offered I paragon 90 level is legend coming out similar 1-4 system & set with some other probability, I think, a step-by-step toward to increase the likelihood that the legends get? 25% difference also big questions are, but that the effect was similar to the probability of items 1 through 10?

The answer to your question is ....Tacos. They are delicious.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Themgoroth
just try to remember your act 2 follower in Diablo 2, with nice runewords can tank and kill everything.

thats what they are trying to avoid i think, they want you to play the game, not have an AI play for you
Reply Quote
I'd be happy to see follower items removed from the game, or at least removed as drops (they could still be available by crafting). They're essentially stat sticks that don't even benefit me directly and are completely worthless for half of my playtime (no use in multiplayer).

One of the worst experiences in D3 is fighting a difficult champion pack (or even a boss), killing them after 3-10 minutes of work, getting one rare and being thrilled about it, and then realizing it's a follower relic. This experience is fairly common for me, and erodes my desire to continue playing.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

The obvious, though less exciting, is gold and magic find. Beyond that I'd love to see proccing abilities in the nature of those found on legendary items and/or affixes that alter how the followers abilities function - just like runes on player characters abilities.
Reply Quote
All of my 5 classes followers are pimped. Go ahead and check them out. But I do hope followers specials do feel special.
Edited by venveng#1906 on 11/7/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

I'll echo a few ideas i agree with and add some

- sockets rolling on them
- legendary relics
- mf / gf
- effects on hit (freeze, slow, spells from the game on hit)
- effects when hit (armor buff, life buff, damage buff for a short duration)
- shared effects with player abilities on relics
- universal relics that can be worn by any follower

good question. thanks.
Reply Quote

I think crafted, legendary relics would be sweet. There should be a different one for each type of follower, and they should have unique abilities on them. Perhaps you could give them abilities similar to the ones elite monsters use. For example, the Enchantress could have one that gives her the ability to cast arcane sentries. The Templar could have shielding, and that other guy no one uses could get plagued.

Giving abilities like this to the followers would be cool, because the player would have to adjust their gameplay to utilize them. Every time an arcane sentry came up during an intense fight, the player would have to decide whether its worth moving the enemies over there. Sometimes it's a no-brainer, but what if there's molten ground over there?
Edited by Bleachi#1178 on 11/7/2012 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Followers need more power, in MP+5 are totally useless, just try to remember your act 2 follower in Diablo 2, with nice runewords can tank and kill everything.

I think the next patch need to improve more power and items for the followers to make them 100% able to play in MP10.

Yes in MP10 obviously with nice follower gear ;)

i agree in higher mp lvls followers and pets are totally worthless on my dh taking my boar into mp 6+ seems worthless i have to respawn poor little bacon all the time (yes i named my boar bacon)
Reply Quote

I'm also curious as to why with all of effort made towards 0 permenance gameplay the followers can't be respecced? Would gladly be corrected if I'm wrong on this one ;]

If you want to respec your follower, right click on his or her portrait and select "Retrain".
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Fyle

I'll echo a few ideas i agree with and add some

- sockets rolling on them
- legendary relics
- mf / gf
- effects on hit (freeze, slow, spells from the game on hit)
- effects when hit (armor buff, life buff, damage buff for a short duration)
- shared effects with player abilities on relics
- universal relics that can be worn by any follower

good question. thanks.

Solid.

Blues forward this one post. It encompasses many of the things that are vital to the effectiveness and customization of the Follower.
Reply Quote

Since they do next to nothing damage...they should just provide MF bonuses and interesting procs.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:51 AMPosted by speedforce
I don't buy these but I am trying to find perfect rolled follower items. They need high main stat/vit, Templar needs LOH, AR, Block %, Scoundrel needs max CD, same with Enchantress.

Why does the enchantress need max critical damage again?

Followers just don't scale well enough to justify pumping their DPS. A single shot enchantress attack does very little to contribute to the fight. I use enchantress for the Maximus Demon proc and run survivability items on her. She never dies. But that's the point right? If she dies the whole purpose of having extra targets to cover for me and distract enemies is defeated.

Ideal setup on followers is high quad stat items, (since they get 2.5 X benefit for stats) life regen 500+, and 70+ all resist.

You could run a DPS multishot scoundrel (since scoundrel DPS scales slightly better than others) with crit damage and trifecta rings/amulets, but that is hideously expensive and out of most people's price range. DPS builds on followers are simply way too expensive. Of course, with my main character doing 180k+ DPS, I don't feel the need to spend 500 mil to get my enchantress to 30k... which is still weak because the enchantress uses single target damage attacks for her main attack. With Shock Pulse I can slay whole waves of enemies in MP1 (The Most Efficient MP Level).
As a side note, a Vitality Hellfire ring makes an excellent choice as your FIRST hellfire ring if you don't intend to use it on your main character if it gets a crappy roll - because you can easily use it on your follower to gain 7% increased exp and loads of life on your follower. I rolled mine and it was a crappy roll for my main character, but it's quite nice on my enchantress.

[quote]
Since they do next to nothing damage...they should just provide MF bonuses and interesting procs.

^ This.

have them spawn with things like average damage, crit chance, and attack speed

Why? They have single target main attacks and their DPS doesn't scale well enough to justify offensive mods anyways.
Edited by Eyuva#1368 on 11/8/2012 12:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
we should have legendary follower relic...lol
Edited by okarin#1794 on 11/8/2012 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
When we get to level 100 paragon, all followers should be given an automatic pickup radius of 5-7 ft ability that effects the player hero. This way we can get rid of this stat in our equipment making it another upgrade to the player and and much more incentive to grind those levels.
Reply Quote
i'd hunt far and wide for one that cast cone of silence on my follower. :P

Hah! Fans of the Daily Show know what I'm talking about when I say, "BOOm! Boom!"

11/07/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Diablo3cc
follower's SET items

Yeah follower sets is a good idea.

An affix that allows them in Multiplayer, sure.

Percentage of stats goes to player.

Thing is, anything as good as these will become the new "must have" and would probably just benefit everyone to simply implement directly. Proc based ones would probably be the funnest to implement and easiest to balance.
Reply Quote
I agree with most of posters above me, especially with the gem and it's effect ability, also with the legendary relics. I'll add mine below...

- can dispel negative affixes, ie., jailer, etc.
- can shield you and your allies during battle for a few XX sec. (proc especially when in low health)
- more chance of freeze, stuns, slow (more combo between you and your follower)
- more life or resistance for the follower, as of now they are not helping much, since they die instantly when battling elites or champs.
- more visual on their powers or abilities, i barely notice their buffs that much.
- give them more customization on their items
- perhaps add a limited inventory for them.

I can add more but this is all I can think of just now.
Thanks
Reply Quote
Follower item needs to have MF, GF so it can be alteast useful somewhat.
Reply Quote
OP isn't talking about follower items. He's talking about follower-specific items. Those never spawn with MF or GF (AFAIK, I haven't found any ever).

One mod that might be cool for those is something like "X% of follower's (stat) shared with player" so at least when you gear your followers with stats, you get something out of it. As it is, all anyone ever uses them for is the skills (because they do no damage whatsoever), and I'm guessing most people use the Templar for the 2 AOE stuns and the 2 heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]