Diablo® III

life on kill question on weapon

if i dmg a mob but my party member kills him instead, do i get the full percent HP return, a partial return based on dmg done, or no return in HP?
Reply Quote
bump, anyone knwo?
Reply Quote
dude the affix says life on kill, it's obviously your kills... it would probably say life on all kill or someting else to explain your question
Edited by Monet#1161 on 11/8/2012 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't know.. but I'm willing to bet you wouldn't get anything. But on the other hand if your friend did 95% of the damage and you killed it, then you'd get full benefit.
Reply Quote
I bet you get it regardless of who kills it, as long as you do damage. But I don't actually know either. Seems too gimped a stat otherwise.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Sevenernine
I bet you get it regardless of who kills it, as long as you do damage. But I don't actually know either. Seems too gimped a stat otherwise.

this would be almost better then life on hit, if your right
Reply Quote
I have a similar question about Life on Hit: If I don't hit them do i still get life?
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Iskra
I have a similar question about Life on Hit: If I don't hit them do i still get life?

You're retarded.

Read again what it says: "Life on Kill". Well, WHO'S kill? Is it restricted to just you killing the mob? Or your PARTY? Or your Follower?

Before you try to be cute, why don't you analyze the situation first. It's a legitimate question.
Reply Quote

You're retarded.

Read again what it says: "Life on Kill". Well, WHO'S kill? Is it restricted to just you killing the mob? Or your PARTY? Or your Follower?

Before you try to be cute, why don't you analyze the situation first. It's a legitimate question.

Life on hit? Who's hit? Is it just you, your party or your follower? Why dont you analyze the situation first.

Think you're the one getting "cute".

Pretty sure its the same logic for on kill as it is on hit, i.e. only for your character.
Edited by Eradicator#1294 on 11/8/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Monet

this would be almost better then life on hit, if your right

Not against elites and bosses.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/08/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Borderline
if i dmg a mob but my party member kills him instead, do i get the full percent HP return, a partial return based on dmg done, or no return in HP?

No, you don't receive a return in HP.

On a larger scale, this is something we've been talking about how to improve. We definitely realize the way Life on Kill works right now isn't very co-op friendly. When you're playing with a group of people and sharing your killing blows, the affix just doesn't have as much value as it does in solo games, and that can be a really poor user experience. We also recognize the same applies to various skills, such as the wizard's Archon ability.

We still want players to feel like they can gear/build their characters differently for solo vs. co-op, and we think there will always be some affixes and skills that are better in one mode or the other. That's not going to change. But, at the moment, the degree of advantage seems like too much of a swing (I imagine a lot of players would agree).

We've been discussing possible solutions for how we can bring LoK/Archon/etc into better balance between the two game types -- without just outright homogenizing everything -- but haven't settled on the best course of action just yet. This issue is absolutely on our radar, though, and we're certainly open to your feedback in the meantime.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/20/2012 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

On a larger scale, this is something we've been discussing how to improve. We definitely realize the way Life on Kill works right now isn't very co-op friendly. When you're playing with a group of people and sharing your killing blows, the affix just doesn't have as much value as it does in solo games, and that can be a really poor user experience. We also recognize the same applies to various skills, such as the wizard's Archon ability.

We still want players to feel like they can gear/build their characters differently for solo vs. co-op, of course, and we think there will always be some affixes and skills that are better in one more or the other. But, at the moment, the degree of advantage seems like too much of a swing (I imagine a lot of players would agree). We've been discussing possible solutions for how we can bring LoK/Archon/etc into better balance between the two game types, but haven't settled on the best course of action just yet. This issue is absolutely on our radar, though, and we're certainly open to your feedback in the meantime.

Change it to a radius type affix then. 1000+ Life on Monster death, varies by your pickup radius +5-10 yards or something of that nature
Reply Quote
It would be awesome if they made LoK a little better in group play, having 3000 LoK would be great if they make the change and would add a whole other element to gaining life.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Lylirra

On a larger scale, this is something we've been discussing how to improve. We definitely realize the way Life on Kill works right now isn't very co-op friendly. When you're playing with a group of people and sharing your killing blows, the affix just doesn't have as much value as it does in solo games, and that can be a really poor user experience. We also recognize the same applies to various skills, such as the wizard's Archon ability.

We still want players to feel like they can gear/build their characters differently for solo vs. co-op, of course, and we think there will always be some affixes and skills that are better in one more or the other. But, at the moment, the degree of advantage seems like too much of a swing (I imagine a lot of players would agree). We've been discussing possible solutions for how we can bring LoK/Archon/etc into better balance between the two game types, but haven't settled on the best course of action just yet. This issue is absolutely on our radar, though, and we're certainly open to your feedback in the meantime.

Okay.. life on kill.. on the radar. Thats good to hear. What about the stuff ruining the game? Like botting and duping?
Reply Quote
Please consider this. If you make more damage than mob-HP/players, you got your share for the kill. So if you're 3 players in a game and damage a mob for more than 1/3 of his life, you get the kill "bonus". That way, you really have to engage into a fight in order to receive a kill bonus. Ok, I agree, the formula could be a little more complicated than mob-hp/players, but.. you get the point :)
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Potentiality

Okay.. life on kill.. on the radar. Thats good to hear. What about the stuff ruining the game? Like botting and duping?

Nope, they've never heard of botting or duping before. They live in ponyland, where no players cheat or break the rules.
Reply Quote
well, for on kill effects, all mobs should be flagged (have a 5 second buff) once they have been damaged by that person so that if they die within that 5 seconds since the last attack, they get the benefit.

although frankly life on monster death (no matter who kills it) and archon proc on monster death (no matter who kills it) and gruesome feast etc is no way unbalanced anyway.. (eg: you can set this as a per zone effect or 160 yd radius)
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
We've been discussing possible solutions for how we can bring LoK/Archon/etc into better balance between the two game types, but haven't settled on the best course of action just yet.

Would you please consider reading my post regarding item stat balance?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004016367
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 11/19/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why? If it's an issue in your groups that people aren't getting health bonuses, tell them to stack health bonuses. Not really that hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]