Diablo® III

I just killed "Rodent of unusual size" elite

A great reference to Princess Bride. Great movie and worth watching by the way.

Any other "easter eggs" anybody has found?
Reply Quote
Tasker and Theo gloves are a reference to a fallen soldier and his dog companion.
Reply Quote
A great reference to Princess Bride. Great movie and worth watching by the way.

Any other "easter eggs" anybody has found?

Thanks, I had the movie on the tip of my tongue but just couldn't remember it. I saw that the other day and I smirked.

Edited...stupid auto correct.
Edited by Makina#1524 on 11/8/2012 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I laughed out loud when I first saw Chupa Khazra in Act I and I think it is still one of my favorite monster names (along with the R.O.U.S the original post mentions).
Reply Quote
borderlands reference in a2 desolate sand.

borderlands first boss named nine toes. in d3, it's a monster named nine toads with literally 9 toads around the place. would be funny if under its name it would say: "he doesn't have three balls" hahahaah
Reply Quote
Gravy Turkey purple in the Keeps!
Reply Quote
I loved the Dune references in A2. Stilgar's corpse near The Great Maker
Reply Quote
The Crusher!
Just passin' through.

A great nod to Bugs Bunny.
Edited by Vaughn#1924 on 11/8/2012 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have for the first time seen Sarella the Vile, Cruel Mistress of Pain. A veiled reference to Cruella deVille, but a delightful one nonetheless.

borderlands reference in a2 desolate sand.

borderlands first boss named nine toes. in d3, it's a monster named nine toads with literally 9 toads around the place. would be funny if under its name it would say: "he doesn't have three balls" hahahaah

To make it even more complete a reference, on normal, he can drop a unique magic item named "The Clipper", much like the loot of the referenced foe.
Reply Quote
I found "Donn Adams" in the Keep Depths and Googled it. Found this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/18/donn-adams-drank-pizza_n_1018154.html

Not sure it's intentional or not but I definitely lol'd at the story.
Reply Quote
Once I found Crabbs, a unique stygian crawler in A3 Tower of the Damned, says "YOU CAN T HAVE ME GOLDS".
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Daybreak
To make it even more complete a reference, on normal, he can drop a unique magic item named "The Clipper", much like the loot of the referenced foe.

he does?? wow didn't know that. iirc, the clipper is a fire based handgun or something. thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
See this game has moments of genius!
Reply Quote
Brick Top in Act III, with the wording "Arch Nemesis" or something along those lines underneath it, a reference to the movie Snatch
Reply Quote
Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

(Wish I could post on my Inigo Montoya character, but I've let my WoW subscription lapse for now.)
Reply Quote
Shenlong: Street Fighters' Ruy's supposed master...
Reply Quote
I don't usually catch many of the movie references and things but I thought it was funny to be able to find Rakanishu's Blade in D3, a monster I died to more then once in D2 haha.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 07:14 PMPosted by QBBQ
Shenlong: Street Fighters' Ruy's supposed master...

Shenlong wasn't Ryu's master in Street Fighter, it's just a translation made in something he said in the original Street Fighter 2.

Ryu's master was another named Gouken.
Reply Quote
You guys are all forgetting the most important one of them all!!!

Beckon Sail - Legendary Cloak

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/beckon-sail

"Favored by those who do their fighting in the underworld."

a reference to the hottest actress, Kate Beckinsale, and her role in the Underworld movies
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]