Diablo® III

Blizzard: Legendary pings don't work

Consistently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FPLyAiepQ&feature=g-u-u

So what's the point of having the ping to begin with?

Why not just have a text message when a legendary drops? This is about "dumbing down" the game as much as having correct information displayed on the character screen.
Edited by DumbGenius#1607 on 11/8/2012 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Slow down a little and stop whirlwinding through everything to stop and smell the roses and the legends that your leaving behind.

You want your cake and eat it too?
they did dumb it down already that big bright light that shines to the moon and the ping you hear when it drops, mabe you dont hear the ping if you are already half way across the map?

Either way crymore whirlwinder, crymore.
Edited by Crymore#1597 on 11/8/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump for non-troll replies.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No need to bump! We've definitely heard your feedback: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934955820#6 :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
What wait. Legendarys are hard for you guys to notice? Do you people play with your sound and monitors off?

What does Blizzard need to do have your screen flash red and green with huge warning signs? Maybe have someone reach down and pinch your nipple?

Some bad players up in here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hey Blizz, I'm sure I have missed a blue somewhere, we need a huge notification so no one ever misses one again.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah this is kind of redundant. Legendary items are very easy to spot right now with the giant beam of light the shoots up off of them into the sky.

If you are running around blasting past everything so fast that you don't see them you need to slow down a bit.
Reply Quote
Really, you are gonna whirlwind passed everything and you expect to not miss something? I guess blizz needs to add scrolling text on your screen or something for you to notice stuff instead of going back to the same areas and holding down ALT.
Reply Quote
What wait. Legendarys are hard for you guys to notice? Do you people play with your sound and monitors off?

What does Blizzard need to do have your screen flash red and green with huge warning signs? Maybe have someone reach down and pinch your nipple?

Some bad players up in here.

Some people listen to music while they're grinding out farming runs, and their chars are so geared that the legendary drops while they're 2 screens away killing 60 more mobs on alkaizer MF farming run #32412512353214.
Reply Quote
Did you guys even watch the video? There was no notification. No beam, no sound, because the item dropped off screen, but even more, THERE WAS NOT EVEN A PING! Blizzard's system is not working and always notifying when a legendary drops. Who knows how many legendaries I've missed myself because of this bug.
Reply Quote
I've tried and failed to get the ping to show up on the mini map.
Using various methods including key farming and watching the map dropping my own and even a couple times I happened to be staring straight at the map when a natural legendary drop occurred. Never has my mini map pinged,blinked,winked, or anything.

I've read that others have seen a very short "ping" so I'm assuming that it works for some but not me. maybe it only works if they drop off the screen but I'm not a WW barb so I don't wander off screen before things die. I hope this also means I haven't missed a legendary.
Reply Quote
the ping works just like banners... too far away and you cant see the ping...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This pisses me off tremendously. I've been trusting Blizzard that my legendary drops would be notified to me even if the mobs died offscreen. I do have a WW barb and stuff dies offscreen ALL THE TIME. And i'm not extremely geared either... with Run Like the Wind and Rend, that's actually very common... I hope Blizz fixes the bug soon, this is a pretty big deal.
Reply Quote
Blizz fanboys are so stupid. Blizzard made a mistake? IMPOSSIBLE! Have you been playing the game the six months?
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Testa
Blizz fanboys are so stupid. Blizzard made a mistake? IMPOSSIBLE! Have you been playing the game the six months?

What are you even talking about?

Also, I'd be wary flaming "fanboys", since it's pretty obvious you've put no less than 450 hours into this game already. You go girl, fight the man!
Reply Quote
This is so insanely easy to fix, I don't even understand how you can possible mess it up to begin with.

THE MINIMAP PING NEEDS TO BE PERMANENT.

THE SOUND NEEDS TO BE WAY LOUDER AND WAY MORE UNIQUE.

Not difficult at all Blizzard.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Phoenix
Maybe have someone reach down and pinch your nipple?

LMFAO ... this might bring in a whole new group of gamers!

I can see it now, BDSM MP10 runs!
Reply Quote
The tears of all the whiney WW barbs are so delicious. Stop killing stuff off screen or behind you, and it no longer becomes an issue, SHOCKING!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]