Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

The more research I've done and information I've gathered: MP0 just seems like the best. It's the best for XP for paragon. It's the best for legendary farming. It makes me sad. Why build such a great end game system of MP (and a fun one) and not reward you really for challenging yourself.

:(
If you kill stuff as fast in mp1 as mp0 it's not as fast. Also mp0 is not better for key farming.
But what f you don't care about keys? Not everybody cares about running the ubers, The keywardens are more of a bother than anythng else.
I feel ya.

For me, personally, I think MP2 or 3 might be the most efficient. Still, it's a damn shame that I can't play MP8-10 without thinking that I'm wasting a whole lot of time not finding things or leveling.

Help support this thread, or offer some rational contrary position, whatever suits you:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004013633?page=1
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/13/2012 9:59 PM PST
Exactly its a shame that you do not get rewarded for challenging your self....
I agree with OP...
It's not really true.

My wizard can archon mp 2 just as fast as mp 0. Hot instantaneous laser death is still instantaneous whether it's mp 0 or 2. The elites may take slightly longer, big deal. Obviously in this case mp 2 is better.
I agreed, I farm LV and eq in mp0. Farm keys in higher mp.
View profile
I'm currently on MP2 and I normally live in MP6. I have had 3/3 key drops on MP2 and I love it. I melt everything and find legs like there's no tomorrow.
I farm Mp-3 and prefer it to the lower levels. Lower ones are nice if you focused a lot more on Mf, but if you are getting more dps then Mf, it does not make sense to use mp-0.
Guys, the problem with MP isn't about key farming. We all know it's better to key farm at higher MP's. The issue is that MP is not only for key farming. That's why they give you bonus to MF/GF/XP and % extra item to drop with each MP.

The issue is that gearing for higher MP's is a complete waste of time. You always gain more xp and loot per hour at the lower MP's because the XP bonus and rewards do not scale appropriately with monster HP with each Monster Power. Monster Power 10 for example will NEVER be a good place to farm.

They need to reward players for doing more challenging (and significantly longer runs) with way more XP and rewards. Seriously, you should be gaining more XP per hour with each successive MP level, not setting it to MP0 till Paragon 100.

The system had good ideas but was very poorly implemented. It's as if the dev team is always so scared of handing out items and rewards to players so they do it in peace meal format to try and not over compensate. Result is the backwards system we have now.

It needs a fix.
When the game was just released Inferno was said not to be for everyone, yet it holds the best rewards.
MP10 is said now to be a challenge for those seeking it, yet the rewards are margenly better then the lower MP lvls.

If you are going to give MP10 the best rewards and make it the best place to farm everyone is going to cry again they cant farm the place.. It will be nerfed and dumbed down just as original Inferno got nerfed to a piss easy play.

Its a never ending circle that way, as it is now, its fine. Be glad you have a choice to pick your sweet spot now.
When the game was just released Inferno was said not to be for everyone, yet it holds the best rewards.
MP10 is said now to be a challenge for those seeking it, yet the rewards are margenly better then the lower MP lvls.

If you are going to give MP10 the best rewards and make it the best place to farm everyone is going to cry again they cant farm the place.. It will be nerfed and dumbed down just as original Inferno got nerfed to a piss easy play.

Its a never ending circle that way, as it is now, its fine. Be glad you have a choice to pick your sweet spot now.

Except MP10 will never be a "sweet spot". Look at the monster health scale chart compared to the "bonuses" you get. Thats right, it never makes sense to play in MP10.

See the problem now?
Look at the monster health scale chart compared to the "bonuses" you get. Thats right, it never makes sense to play in MP10.

See the problem now?

You would rather have they revamped some Legendaries to be super sweet awsome omgzors gear that only drops in MP10? So that pretty much nobody that doesnt use the RMAH can get and everyone cries their eyes out in outrage?
It's not really true.

My wizard can archon mp 2 just as fast as mp 0. Hot instantaneous laser death is still instantaneous whether it's mp 0 or 2. The elites may take slightly longer, big deal. Obviously in this case mp 2 is better.
The slightly longer part is where the time slowly stacks up and you don't realize how much MORE time it took over the course of the whole run. Let's say 1 elite pack takes you 30 seconds longer. Okay, so 2 elite packs is now 1 minute longer, 10 elite packs is now 5 minutes longer, 20 elite packs is now 10 minutes longer.

Speed of one shotting trash is also important. If you're moving over to MP2 and takes seconds longer and it's no longer instantaneous, then that will add more time to your run as well.

Meanwhile, in MP0 A3, you can retain the XP bonuses (and even MF bonuses) by simply wearing gear. The mobs are weak enough now that taking the DPS hit isn't a big deal and you can still one shot trash/elite.
I think higher mp's should have higher monster/elite density as well but that's my opinion.
MP10 actually is quite effective in both terms of exp and drops, if you skip all elites.
I think you misunderstand what mp is for.

do whatever mp that lets you slice through mobs like its butter.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qH0SNZXSc6A
eg: for this 740k dps archon wizard. he farms mp10 just like how the rest of us farm the lower mp.

http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/NalGangDoRTZ-3223/hero/19501531

(english if you want to see his gear)
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nalgangdortz-3223/FrostBurn/19501531
You get more loot on higher mp. If you do mp5 as fast as mp1 you better do mp5. If your dps is not that good than you're not ready to "farm" that mp. Only a bunch of top-geared chars can "farm" mp10. That's simply a gear check. But the difference in "rewards" between mp5 and say mp8 is not that big as between mp0 and mp5, so probably the realistic and reasonable goal for a non-RMAH casual player would be "farming" mp5-mp6. If your average elite kill time is about 15 sec - than you're cool with current mp level.
Edited by KyKaH#2425 on 11/13/2012 11:06 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]