Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

+1

blizzard needs to fix this . i farm on mp6 on my barb simply cause if i go any lower i cannot keep up my WOTB . i wish we got rewared more xp per mob kill . i found 9 legendary's in 3 hours today on mp6 . so i enjoy farming . would love to get more xp reward though
I prefer higher MP, for each MP level, each enemy has a 10% chance to drop another item, plus you get 25% bonus MF. This make it worth it to me to do higher MP levels.
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

Please let us not forget that Diablo is more of an item-hunt game than it is a challenge game. Only a very small group of players would take the challenge just for the sake of challenge if the challenge is not rewarding, which seems to be the case with current MP levels.

Let's forget about MP levels for a second. If Hell difficulty had similar drop rates as Inferno difficulty, how many players do you think would play in Inferno just for the sake of challenge?People are playing in Inferno because the best items in the game drop in Inferno, not because of the challenge. I think we can also consider this as being forced to play in Inferno. It is true that where the great rewards are, players will be there. This is not forcing, this is the nature of gaming.

Same with high MP levels. Playing in MP10 (ignore keys for a second please) doesn't seem much more rewarding compared to MP0-2, that's why it doesn't make much sense to have high MP levels just for the sake of challenge. What I am trying to say is, if you didn't want to reward players who took a greater challenge, why did you make the challenge?
On my demon hunter I 1 hit pretty much everything in mp4, so how exactly is this slower paragon farming then 1 hitting everything in mp0?
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

I suggest an increase when it comes to shrines, or some collectors item which can drop on all MPs, but the look of it depends on what MP you got it from or something like that.
I don't really know, but tiny details does matter. A lot.
I only like high MP for the Keywarden/Ubers. I don't mean that in a negative way, I think it's a fantastic system. For me, I'd like to see more activities in the game that benefit directly from the higher monster power, such as keys and organs.
What is missing in my opinion is a considerable amount of new and potentially useful affixes on items.

Things such as 1k to 2.5k bleed over 3 sec rightnow is just around 250-700% too weak to be interesting, same for Melee attackers take... 400-2000 damage??? ( 2000-10k would be closer to be appealing)

I think the chance to cast "spell name" (wether it be an existing spell or not it doesnt matter, if not then its just additional effects to the game and itemization) should be added to the affix pool. Same for crushing blow, it would be useful and also something that works differently than anything in the game now :

It removes a part of remaining hp Before your damage hits, this is the values from D2 but the Normal monster Melee reduction could be adjusted for D3.

Normal monster: 1/4 Melee, 1/8 Ranged Attack.
Boss/Champion monster: 1/8 Melee, 1/16 Ranged Attack.
Player/Hireling: 1/10 Melee, 1/20 Ranged Attack.

Im sure there are alot of simple things that can be done to increase the amount of interesting affixes that can roll on any piece of gear
Higher MP needs more mob density with more exp and/or mf/gf.

As much as the developers do not want to compel players to farm at a higher MP level than they should, it also goes that players who do MP 5-10 should not feel shortchanged in terms of efficiency. At current I can probably do MP 7 comfortably, but I jack it down to MP 5 or less to be efficient.

Well that's an easy fix, don't know how hard it is from game coding perpective, but scale down the health / damage of mobs in MP levels like -20% or so... MP10 would have 2600% increase instead of 3000% and (here comes the good part) increase the mob density with MP10 having twice or even 3 times as many mobs (not necessarily elites) as you would usually have. Problem solved.
Everyone runs at MP in whitch they can kill as many mobs/h as possible, increasng mob density would increase MF/EXP by it self + the MP bonuses so if people can kill more mobs in higher difficulies as comfortably as lower MP they will do so... others will stay in their "sweet spot".

Bottom line. If I can clear a room in MP5 as fast 2 rooms in MP1, that room in MP5 should have that many mobs as 2 rooms in MP1 to be more appealing. It's that simple.

Or you could just ad Damage Reflect to all mobs from 1% to 10% based on MP level. Lol. Just kidding. (you'd be so hated for that, its not even funny)
I totally agree with idea to increase the mob density with MP.
That is what I was thinking about when they first talk about MP. I feelt sad when i was reading the preview blog on MP because this point was missing.

INCREASE MOB DENSITY WITH MP
yes when i played diablo2 i set it on players8.. i did this to level faster for more loot etc
There should be increases in the bonuses for everything with the higher level MP. MP5/6 is much MUCH more difficult than MP1, but it feels like the reward for going on that high MP isn't noticeable.

That was the goal. It has been explained to you in the post you quoted.

Maybe less words will get through to you:

You don't fight on higher MP's because you want better rewards. You go there because you want more challenging fights.

That being said, higher MP's still give you more gold, xp and loot. They're also way better for the whole infernal machine businnes.

he goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

The problem is that the sweet spot is MP0 for everyone right now or maybe MP1 for every well geared players. 1-2 shotting elites is always gonna be more efficient than spending even 30 seconds on an elite pack right now and that's pretty sad.

The MP system does NOT favor different types of gameplay right now: it favors only one type of gameplay, that is facerolling content. That's fine for players who enjoy facerolling content but for anyone who enjoys longer and more interesting fights, the system is too unrewarding. Just test it for yourself seriously... Take a very well geared character, farm MP0 for 1 hour, record your XP/hour. Now set the MP to 5, farm for an hour and you will realize that your XP/hour is gonna be MUCH MUCH lower in MP5. Adjust the XP bonus until the XP/hour are about the same in MP5 and MP0.
Agreed. Even thou max mp i can play at is around 6, i agree that farming 1-3 Mp's is so much faster/better. In terms of everything. Additional rewards for playing at higher MP should be introduced.
Maybe there should be a guaranteed bonus item at specific levels?

MP 5: With 5 NV you get 1 additional guaranteed rare or better drop
MP 10: With 5 NV you get 2 additional guaranteed rare or better drops

Ive been thinking it might be nice if there was another factor in MP than just damage, and hp. Mob Density. If you split the difficulty bump up between those three things (resulting in less tough damage/hp wise monsters, but much more of them) would make things both more efficient and more fun.

I mean, the best moments are when you totally massacre like 20 or 30 monsters, elites provide occasional speedbumps, but really the majority is fighting/slaughtering trash white mobs. Increase monster density (both white mobs and elites) and lower the other difficulty increases accordingly.

I like this idea too. Mob density is key. The more, the better, the funner! The mob density in Act 3 is the best in game and that's why the majority of players farm there, regardless of difficuly level. Increase the density in all Acts to at least match that of Act 3. Then there would be more players farming all Acts.

The Keywardens already make you feel like you're forced into mp10, as it is the only level with guaranteed drops. Other than that, I don't want the best items ONLY dropping in the higher mp levels. Item dropping is spread out evenly across all mp levels 1+ and it should stay that way. It gives everyone equal chances at getting the best loot; not just the wealthy folks with the best gear in game.
There are plenty of players posting that they find multiple set and Leg items daily in the higher MP levels. Are they just lucky? Doing something better then you? Or trolling maybe?

Personally, I think its ok. My characters are still in MP0 yet with next to no MP are finding the odd legendary a few times a week. But luck is luck I suppose. Some people just don't have it I guess?

Like many others have probably already said, the issue with the MP system is the scaling just doesn't justify the higher levels.

For example, I easily farm MP6 - that's my "sweet spot" as you put it, in terms of speed of kill as a function of speed of movement across the zone.

I used to farm MP8 however, and enjoy MP10, which I can fairly easily - but much more slowly - do. The problem with both MP8 and MP10 is simply that the "bang for your buck", the XP gain per hour, kills per hour (which translates to more legendary drops), just favours - and by a large margin - the lower MP setting.

Since you asked for suggestions, I'll give two:

1) Either, lower the vitality - but not the damage boost - to higher MP levels (let's face it, if the mob hasn't killed you after 1 minute, it's not likely to after a second minute has passed), or;

2) Raise the bonus scaling so that the higher MP levels, especially 8 and above, have a much greater increase to XP, MF and GF.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]