Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

Players shouldn't have to do high MP to get reward. That is one of the best decisions blizzard has made. I hope none of this lousy whining here makes them change that decisions. I sure do hope they stick to their guns here. Player should not all have to get 350K dps and 500K ehp or higher to have fun in this game or have a shot at getting a jackpot item. This makes the game accessible to everyone.

1.0.3/1.0.2 days was impossible for way to many people to even progress in inferno. High MP lack of reward is that same wall for the nuts that want to show-off their e-peen that enjoyed that mess. MP3-6 is great for everyone else. You can tune it for drops to tune it for getting keys. High MP should should stay unrewarding until you get to 600K dps and 600K ehp.

I think you are missing the point here. I dont recall anyone saying they should make it impossible to get a decent item unless your running high MP levels. Even though i strongly disagree with your reasoning, i can understand where your coming from. However, at the same time, shouldnt people be rewarded for their work and dedication (the RMAH, inflated economy, etc sorta tramples this arguement but still)?
11/16/2012 11:28 AMPosted by ffFiend
Monster power is broken imo. Mobs health too high and damage too low. If I can survive the damage of a mp10 mob why should I have to sit there for 10mins spamming the same attack? So boring!! Upping dps another 10k - 20k does not make much difference, you have to have approx 300k dps if you want to make mp10 viable and even then it's still a grind.

Lol, Blue post directly above you and still not got it???
Mp10 is for the Challenge!!! Got it? There are some people who enjoy this challenge, it's for them.. Why don't you just go read the Bluepost again. I don't need to repeat it..

And when you survive Mp10-Elites with Ease, then you are simply overgeared on defense!

Blue made it very very clear here, and it's such a good system for all the kind of players. Me as Action Rpg Player who loves killspeed is perfectly satisfied with playing mp4 on highkillspeed. It stays an Action RPG where killspeed matters most, not difficulty! << That's the most important thing most people don't realise comming from WoW. lol.

And then there is the problem with the item-economy, if you only profit from mp10 then everyone MUST play it, and the game wouldn't be fun anymore -> SO CURRENTLY IT'S PERFECT A-RPG, why still complains???

No, the blues post specifically says "get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items" If MP levels were meant for merely a challenge there wouldnt any bonus. Secondly, after consideration, MP bonus should be left as is for the time being because some classes are not viable in higher MP's, which creates unfair advantages for other classes. Adding better bonuses for higher MP's would cause more people to go barb then already have. Adjusting bonuses at this point would cause dex/int rolled items to be even more worthless then they already are. Furthermore, it is unfair to players who have spent major gold on items only to have their class suck and the items deflate. Simply put, class balancing needs to take priority over boosting MP bonuses
All i can say is i farm MP6 for legends and paragon lvling. Maybe that's just where my build and play style are the most efficient but I def feel that this community is so much more willing to complain about an issue rather than offering constructive criticism for blizzard. The game will be better for us if we are a little more cordial. And just getting back to basics blizzard specifically said that monster power is not part of the normal game it is just meant to challenge oneself, so in theory it makes sense that most people still find mp0 the most efficient, and also people who play mp0 Don't complain about having bad gear because they slowly gear up on their own... and even mediocre gear keeps you alive in inferno(0) if you know how to play your class.
Lower MPs scale better in terms of exp bonuses, but the most efficient level is the highest one where you can still literally one-shot everything. Doesn't make sense to do MP 0, when you can kill things equally fast on a higher level (say, MP 3). Why settle for a lesser bonus when you can get a higher one in the same amount of time? That's what I don't understand when people say, "Do MP 0 regardless of gear".
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

I agree with the concept but the problem lies that people that can handle high mps 8-10 should be equally as rewarded as people running 1-3. It's not that it should be better and discourage negate low mpl, I enjoy a challenge, but if im not rewarded there is little to no point to do it, by rewarded i mean atleast as well rewarded as players blitzing through mp1 or 2. The rewards do not scale to the difficulty whatsoever.

The only time i do high mpl is for ubers and keywards, even though im perfecly capable the reward for scaling up the challenge drops astronomically to the point i could play for instance mp6 for 5 hours and mp1 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours for equal reward, I am not exactly unprepared for mp6. this is the inherent issue I have with the system. It's a good idea the sclaing on rewards just needs some fine tuning.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 11/16/2012 1:26 PM PST
I run mp7 for key runs and mp8 for ubers. Why? Because it's more fun. I don't like one hit killing everything on lower mp levels and I still go at a decent speed. Like the dev said, adding better drops to higher mp levels would make everyone feel they had to play there and that wouldn't be the intended result that they wanted when creating the monster powers. If you know that you are only doing runs to be the most efficient and get the most drops, then play a lower mp level. It's up to you. That's whats great about the mp system. This is actually something I think the bliz team did well on :P
11/16/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Thorr
All i can say is i farm MP6 for legends and paragon lvling. Maybe that's just where my build and play style are the most efficient but I def feel that this community is so much more willing to complain about an issue rather than offering constructive criticism for blizzard. The game will be better for us if we are a little more cordial. And just getting back to basics blizzard specifically said that monster power is not part of the normal game it is just meant to challenge oneself, so in theory it makes sense that most people still find mp0 the most efficient, and also people who play mp0 Don't complain about having bad gear because they slowly gear up on their own... and even mediocre gear keeps you alive in inferno(0) if you know how to play your class.

Thor doing mp0 -1 i can while looting pull 65-70m xp/hr Doing 6 that drops by a good 45-50% and the number of legendarys/hour drops rather dramatically, how can you even conceivably try to complain this. Is this a feeling or mathematical testing, I am 100% positive its not mathematical analysis of whaty our playing. Looking mathematically at your char dps estimate you would be much better off running mp3 or 4. bumping from mp3 to mp6 you are gimping yourself severely.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 11/16/2012 1:30 PM PST
The drop rates do need to be bumped on higher mp right now ppl even in amazing gear feel forced to play low mp not better or anything but reasonably comparable with CLEARSPEED of a char in range for this mp in mind.

Emotion or feel good or feels wrong approach does not solve anything the problem is a mathematical scaling issue THAT IS FORCING the dead opposite of what you were trying to prevent, your not forcing people to play high MPL, great players are feeling FORCED to run low mpl.

I don't want to feel forced to un either high or low mpl, I want to feel rewarded however for challenging myself, at least as well rewarded as mindleslly slaughtering everything like it is candy. This playstyle gets very boring doing it one way or the other, but its the only way to be efficient in the current settings.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 11/16/2012 1:37 PM PST
11/13/2012 11:30 PMPosted by ermak
Another story for my barby, it is extremely difficult to generate fury and keep WoTB on lower mp. So I prefer at least mp 4 while farming.

Agreed. I think a lot of WW Barbarians in the 100-200k dps range farm in the mp 4-7. I usually farm loot on mp7-8, keys on mp8, ubers on mp6-7, and for a challenge run mp10.
The path of least resistance. People will always find the easiest route to farm. Currently the rewards for a higher MP level do not outweigh the cost. Until they do, people will continue to take the path of least resistance.

Sure, its fun to challenge your charecter by raising the MP level, but most people only do that because they HAVE to. i.e. Key farming on anything less than MP3 is a waste of time. Because in MP0 the exp to HP ratio is 1:1 whereas at MP1 and higher the ratio becomes skewed in favour of HP, mobs take longer to kill but yield less exp proportionately. That means grinding for EXP is still the best at mp0.

The other rewards, such as higher MF and GF - don't seem to compensate well for the increased difficulty. It takes me far less effort to collect many, many more rare items in MP0 compared to MP5. I think i still find more legendaries playing mp0 then mp5.

Upping the chances for a legendary to drop in higher mp values would certianly offer some allure. (increase the MF bonus you get from higher mps to scale better with the health bonus they gain.)

Ultimately, it should go like this => Higher MP = better rewards (when i say rewards i mean exp and/or loot) . Weak or new players would want to work their way up the MP system, starting at mp0 until they were able to efficiently farm mp 1, then 2, then 3... and so on... though its not REQUIRED, better geared charecters should be compelled to play on higher MP levels. Farming mp5 should be more rewarding -in terms of exp gained and/or loot found- than mp4, or 3, and especially mp0... this would compell people to play as high of an MP as they can.

Though it shouldnt be so overly rewarding as to make MP0 farming obsolete (because some people really enjoy just running around 1 hitting everything and completely smashing mobs... which is fine), it should be just a little bit more rewarding each MP level you set it at...

One way, your EXP would scale proportionately to the monsters HP, so really as far as exp grinding there would be no clear and obvious "sweet spot" and any MP you do it on would yield roughly the same results (minus travel time and other factors)

So the allure then becomes that chance to drop additional treasure. Which, i think when paired with higher mf and an equal increase in exp, would be appealing enough to make players want to play on as high of an MP as possible.

Alternatively, one could increase the EXP gained throughout the MP levels (though that might give an unfair advantage for Paragon leveling, to the more powerful players) So that MP10 would be the best to farm for exp, with mp9 and 8 slightly worse, with mp0 being the worst.

All things being equal, most people will choose the easier route, so you have to offer some better rewards to get people to play on more challenging MP levels (if thats what you want), otherwise everyone will continue to take the easiest path to sucess.
Edited by Riot#1422 on 11/16/2012 1:58 PM PST
This is a good forum for constructive criticism. It's the kind of forum that causes changes. I like what Blizzard has done with MP, but am always open to even better improvements. Hopefully Blizz hears it and makes some adjustments accordingly.
11/14/2012 04:26 PMPosted by grumpyninja
MP is a good concept but the scaling of mf and exp make higher levels pointless.

What (s)he said!!!
I don't like where they went with the whole mp system they made the mosters just have more hp and no substantial increase in damage. MP10 is way to easy where is this challege I though the game would be at least as hard as original inferno when they first came out with the system. As of right now the whole mp system seems to just be a waste of time.

You can't increase the damage, because it's going to make ranged classes even more unviable at high mp levels than they already are.

Sure you can personally MP 10 should be barly achieveable with nearly perfect gear. Top dh or wiz that have balanced builds with nearly bis gear will be able to do mp 10 with more damage same goes for barbs and monks. And if they lowered the hp to maybe 200% with enrage timers and 400 - 600% damage mobs that would make the game a real challenge.
Edited by SWAV#1980 on 11/16/2012 2:36 PM PST
You just need to pimp the bonus of mp. The system is fine.

I have 425mf at mp2 and ~80k dps unbuff
I have 436mf at mp6 and ~140k dps unbuff

I get about the same loot per hour but its a lot easier at mp2
11/14/2012 04:19 PMPosted by strYker
Make damage higher and make mob HP scale less at MP6 and up.

Keep the damage scaling as it is. Sure you may be able to take out mobs at mp10 even though it takes longer. The longer it takes the longer you have to make mistakes.

If it is a challenge you want then adjust your gear to get the level of challenge you like. It is easier to scale down your gear then it is to scale up your gear. It also gives you bragging rights saying you run MP10 with 'this' low level gear.
Make damage higher and make mob HP scale less at MP6 and up.

Keep the damage scaling as it is. Sure you may be able to take out mobs at mp10 even though it takes longer. The longer it takes the longer you have to make mistakes.
If it is a challenge you want then adjust your gear to get the level of challenge you like. It is easier to scale down your gear then it is to scale up your gear. It also gives you bragging rights saying you run MP10 with 'this' low level gear.

That give no incentive to improve or buy better gear. Getting worse gear is not what most players with good gear want.
Edited by SWAV#1980 on 11/16/2012 2:43 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]