Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

i don't disagree with no higher rewards in higher mp, per se...

but i would greatly prefer achievements and higher rewards. it's a mater of how you want the game balanced, it's either 'rewards(time spent)' or 'rewards(time spent, skill)'... the later is preferable to me but i could see the appeal for some people of having a game you can play as well brain dead.

at the very least i'd like to see the rewards the same at higher ML.. as it is now it seems ml0 is unbeatable for pleveling efficiency (unless they were updated since i last checked)...
What ya should do.. is take MP out.. an add in nuclear weapons that kill everything in the zone instantly even if it's not on screen with a .25 sec cool down an 1% energy cost.. that way nobody can complain about what somebody else is doing.. the game failed anyways why not just give us all the best gear an 10 billion gold for buying the game and let us whack 500 mobs at once on any level.. really blizzard.. stop failing at a time sink game based on rng's.. we paid 60 bucks.. give us everything at level 1 we deserve it.
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

For starters, achievements for both normal and hardcore mp full act(s) completion. Also a higher experience bonus for the inferno bracket would make sense. After all, you would have to be at least more experienced to complete the more challenging content and the current bonus seems lack luster compared to mp0 bonus% efficiency v. completion time. My two cents.
We want u to keep thinking mp10 is a waste of time I've made around 600mil off items found there while u make brims of all the legs u find on mp0 yall have fun with that
11/17/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Pfinch
We want u to keep thinking mp10 is a waste of time I've made around 600mil off items found there while u make brims of all the legs u find on mp0 yall have fun with that

Love uneducated posts like yours. Don't you KNOW by NOW that MF as such an insignificant incidence on Legs/Set items that you should not even factor it in. Listen mate... YOU WERE LUCKY... something that can happen at MP 0 like at MP10. Get on with the program and stop being so delusional. GAWD!

And yeah, keep spending 5 minutes killing an Elite pack while we just blaze through the whole thing at MP 0. We shall see who comes out ahead... Open your eyes and see that you are being manipulated. Just try it and take some notes on your progress and gold you make VS time invested at different MP levels, starting at MP0.
11/13/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Remnos
The more research I've done and information I've gathered: MP0 just seems like the best.

This is a vague, worthless statement. What research have you done? What information have you gathered? Link your sources and stats. Why would you say MP "seems" best if you have done research and you know this is true? If you can't prove it, why are you whining about mere speculation?
@VeePow

I got a lot of the math from this post: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?840969-Choosing-the-Right-Monster-Power-Level-For-Farming

I also got a lot of collected data and different people telling me data they collected in the comments to that.

I've also recorded XP myself on many MP levels (Mostly 0,1,2,3 and 5). The XP differences are very marginal from my own analysis but still a penalty as I increase the monster level with 0 being the best. I don't use anything to record my drops and although I've played a lot I feel I don't have the sample size to accurately convey my legendaries/hour on multiple difficulties. I searched for a long time trying to find data and was surprised by how little I was able to find. The post above is the most comprehensive data I found in one spot.
The goal for MP was to provide a challenge and nothing more.. but as predicted people are going to complain one way or the other with the new system.

I can't say I blame them though as it really makes no sense to play on anything higher than whats considered efficient.

For instance.. why even bother farming MP0 or MP1 to play the higher MP levels when there is really no additional reward for doing so? In a loot based game, my make your quest for loot exponentially harder?
90 Undead Death Knight
I have to agree that higher MP should give you better rewards.

Simple reasoning: with D3 (and any other rpg or similar out there) character progression is key. Yes, some of the people in mp0 may not get the best gear available...but ideally they're now feeling the incentive to up their gameplay, gear up, and try to progress to MP1, then MP2, etc.

A few other things:

1) Somewhere around MP5 there should never be a sub-60 ilevel drop. This has always felt kinda BS on inferno as it is, taking a lot more time and effort to kill mobs shouldn't get you a goose egg like some level 58 shield.

2) Similarly, at around MP8+ there should be some kind of "quality upswing". Like the low end numbers on random stats roll better, what might be a random weapon % bonus from 10-50% for example turns to 30-50%. Still some rng, but less chance of a total failure of an item

3) Agree with the monster density going up with monster power

4) Screaming about "only credit card users will MP10" is silly. There's good items on the gold AH too, and anyone can make gold if you try, you just have to play the AH.
I could be wrong, but maybe the XP/MF boost should be equal to the HP boost%.
Ive been thinking it might be nice if there was another factor in MP than just damage, and hp. Mob Density.

This is what I always wanted in higher Diablo difficulties. Not just more difficult mobs, but more off them of more variety, more often. I know there is a limit to keep performance smooth, but I would love to see monster Density be a factor in this. More monsters to kill is more fun that 1 monster taking 10 times longer to kill.
@ Remnos.

You are wearing a leorics signet. Of course you think lower mp levels are more efficient for leveling. That's the advantage of wearing it + hellfire+ruby.

But to say that mp 0 is the most efficient for legendaries is an absolute joke. Massive mf% increase and % chance to drop extra items on higher mps is insurmountable.

If and only if you can roll through the monsters quickly enough. And this is where gear comes into play.

....Also I agree with other posters. The monster density needs work. Keep lvls 1-3 are my favorite. Monster density is awesome.
The more research I've done and information I've gathered: MP0 just seems like the best. It's the best for XP for paragon. It's the best for legendary farming. It makes me sad. Why build such a great end game system of MP (and a fun one) and not reward you really for challenging yourself.

:(

I enjoyed MP7 on my barb for key farming. I also find MP4 very good for exp.

As for leveling a new toon, MP10 + twink or get a friend to power run makes the mundane fun again.
add 3% bonus to movement speed per mp level (on top of cap)

giving a max of 30% on 10

I'd so farm that area if it happens :D
I like this, it remind me of Elder Scroll Online.
its all about gear. depends on how much of it you have. and i'm glad somebody linked that crazy korean.....just nuts
mp 10 is so boring just because it takes so !@#$ing long
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

Well for one, your scaling of Inferno is probably THE most retarded I've seen in my history of gaming adding super artificial level of grind. Wouldn't it of been better to keep within the numbers of Normal->Hell and properly balance the game in such a way where skill builds remain viable and not force crit damage and crit chance upon players. Maybe cap it, nerf it and put some of those numbers on the actual skills.

I mean who's bright idea was this on monster health scaling...How did you even come up with that number? All you essentially ended up doing is lowering the amount of people playing online.

MP3: 225%
MP6: 895%
MP10: 3439

I would of just kept it simpler:
First off no MP10, only MP4, makes the prospect of adding it to matchmaking possible.
MH: 175, 250, 325, 400
MD: 125, 150, 175, 200

Including Inferno!

On all difficulties including inferno, revert that 70% from player joining back to 75% (optional). Then properly balance and fix the skills. The normalization of resistance and the percentage bonuses from previous "core" skills makes this possible.

Simple, effective and easily understandable scaling.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 11/18/2012 1:56 AM PST
Can actually go further, take Inferno as example.
Say MF bonus is 40/80/120/160

2 Players would be:

60/100/140/180

3 Players would be:

80/120/160/200

4 players would be:

100/140/180/220
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]