Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

increase mob density per mp and increase elite spawn as well. so at MP 10 you will pretty much be fighting all elites on the screen with minimal white mobs all with 4 affixes that in return will increase the difficulty.

by doing that you will have to reduce the HP a lot. At mp 10 maybe 2-3 times the normal HP.

also increase EXP earned by MP and each player in group
Edited by DeadBodyMan#1393 on 11/14/2012 6:04 PM PST
I think the major problem is from testing the "rewards" you get from doing higher MP do not equal or surpass the time spent it takes to do higher MP. I'm glad blizz doesn't allow things like loot tracker but it does seem to mean we get a lot less hard-data to compare things with. From what I've read the general consensus is that people get better faster xp and items for NOT challenging themselves which I think kind of undermines MP.

What would I do to change it? I think the system is amazing it just needs to be tweaked. The rewards per Monster Level need to be greater. At least to the point that "now I am a more efficient farmer in mp7 than I was in mp6". I get rewarded for upgrading my gear and building my character to the best of my ability.

This in no way forces people out of the lower Monster Powers. This game is fun to play at lower MP too. I just don't like that moving up in MP is supposed to give rewards and in my mind (from what I've seen) it actually doesn't. The rewards are in theory but not supported by actual data. Which is why a lot of good players with 200k+ dps are running MP0 still. :(
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

you are so wrong about the own challenge thing...
you should give a slightly better reward, and add achievements, we deserve that...
for example, in Starcraft2 if you get Grandmaster league you get achievement for that. Im a platinum player, i didnt went mad because i couldnt get that, and i go further i know its hard to get in Grandmaster league, and that im not gonna get there. THe reason? a lot: because that spot is for people who plays professional Sc2, they are pro gamers, they participate for money, i dont spend the same hs as they do, and the game requires some kind of knowledge/intelligence/skill however you want to call it, and i know and i understand that playing i dont have it enough.(obviously diablo3 lacks this skill thing and is all gear but thats another theme)

So it is OK if a casual player cant get to MP10 because he plays only 1 or 2 hs a day, if he thinks its unfair, and he feels bad well, its his problem and not blizzard problem, you should focus on satisfy all your players, not the @###*!!@@ ones.
He needs to understand that a person who reaches MP10 wastes way more hours in this game than him, so thats why he cant reach it. Maybe he spends his time working ok, he could use the RMAH to get the stuff he cant because he doesnt have enough time.

And yea the bonuses from MP sucks like hell, problem is not the bonus itself, its the fact that the difficulty lvl and the reward doesnt scale in a balanced way. monster dmg and hp increase by a lot, and evey level more, and mf is just a static amount for each lvl.
you could increase the bonus, make it proportional to the difficulty increase, or i dont know, restrict the item roll by a pre set min value on their affix, so at least farming in higher lvls is worth something.

PS: i can only do MP5(and actually only do it when i search hellfire keys), and i farm in MP1, so you can see im not a top gear player and i want this, because really i dont see the reward on farming higher than MP1.
Edited by Darion#1864 on 11/14/2012 6:07 PM PST
it has to be rewarding in order for people to do it.
but then the dilemma of inferno will happen all over again, ppl will feel like theyre forced into mp10
ambiguous indeed.
Want MP levels to be used with efficiency? Introduce more legendary item plans to throw organs and brimstone at. Then have these plans drop off ubers. I know personally I'd be more than happy to farm the hell out of MP5+ instead of speed farming MP0 if I knew there was more to look forward to than re-rolling stats on the same ring by doing ubers.

Currently the only logical reason to run high MP levels is for keys and organs. So play on that. Right now, the majority of people will do it once for the 35% exp ring and then never look back. Introduce more items that increase a certain elements damage, or have negative affixes too, to promote build diversity. Do this, and people will be more willing to experiment with builds and actually attempt to farm high MP levels as a standard. They don't have to, if they want the fastest exp or the most tradeable loot they can choose low MP.

My 2 cents.
It seems that all the density lies within the Blizzard development team. Imagine the combo's you'd get from these guys!
It's really quite simple IMO, for each MP level add 2-4% speed increase to everything. Your movement, monster movement, attack speed, projectile speed etc. Everything.
Monster Power: More Guts, Less Glory.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it. You're far better off doing mp 0-3 speed clearing runs rather than bumping up the MP and challenging yourself.

Doing higher MP needs to be more meaningful, better rewards.
Make an elite or champ pack with an MPx affix. :D nah.

I think the challenge is the reward itself.

When I want to farm for Items I go lower MPs and then when I get items that seem an upgrade, I try them out at higher MPs. Some builds that seem good in low MPs I try and see how it scales at higher MPs.

Its not fun face rolling elites at low MPs and its not fun either being frustrated at higher MPs.
Find your sweet spot with regards to your current gear and build and with what mood you're in whether its loot farming or trying builds.

Maybe blizzard can make the loots in higher MPs ALWAYS roll better stats than in low MPs. Its always a WTF moment when after an epic fight at higher MPs and see a legendary drop (or a rare even) and when you ID it you go meh. An item that you could commonly find at low MPs wiping mobs.
Edited by samtingwong#1355 on 11/14/2012 6:48 PM PST
I like the MP system I think it has done its job. If you want a challenge dial it up, if it is faster and more efficient to farm at lower settings do that, if you have super power gear and you can beat the snot out of everything at mid to high levels without slowing down congratulations you get a farming boost over regular Joe's because you have awesome gear.

You have a choice use what works for you.

Side Note: Would love to improved monster density in most places on the maps, but don't think it needs to relate to the monster power setting, everyone would enjoy killing more monsters. Maybe you could improve Elite/Champion density at higher MP levels though, this creates more chance of fighting two lots at once which may be more appropriate at high MP levels.
Edited by MilesTeg#6595 on 11/14/2012 6:50 PM PST
I don't know about high level scaling but I really do enjoy it at the low level. I'm not all that worried about getting great drops so I'm probably in the minority but A2 isn't fun to me and A3 is still a bit too hard so running A1 with MP2 seems to be the perfect fit. The game is actually fun when I run A1 at MP2 because the hardest areas are a challenge but the trivial stuff can't one shot kill me if I'm not paying enough attention.
MP10 is not a challenge it is a chore. The damage does not scale as much as the health of the NPCs.
I agree increase density of all monster as per an MP level That will make more drops per a LvL,that will make it more of a grind as per taking extra damage,That will make it more fun as I LOVEEEEEEEE big mobs it's harder more fun...

VOTE increase density per a MP
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

I really wish devs would listen to the players instead of doing their own thing and ASSUMING we will just love it and accept it. Your game is going to die if you keep telling us what is fun and what is not fun. Get a clue

And yet you assume you know what other players want or would find fun.

Don't try to speak for "players" just speak for yourself.

There should be increases in the bonuses for everything with the higher level MP. MP5/6 is much MUCH more difficult than MP1, but it feels like the reward for going on that high MP isn't noticeable.

No there shouldn't. Thats not what MP is about can't you read. I agree 100% with blue reply.
Mr blue is right
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]