Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

op take some medication for your obsessive compulsive disorder
Tested MP0 and MP1 with 100K+ DPS, MP0 still run faster and more exp (Because more monsters are killed throughout the run, less monsters are missed).
Look at the monster health scale chart compared to the "bonuses" you get. Thats right, it never makes sense to play in MP10.

See the problem now?

You would rather have they revamped some Legendaries to be super sweet awsome omgzors gear that only drops in MP10? So that pretty much nobody that doesnt use the RMAH can get and everyone cries their eyes out in outrage?

Yes.
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

You can do plenty of things:

1. Lower the HP pools of mobs at the higher levels (most can tank them fine but it takes a crazy amount of time to do that kind of damage with current top end gear).

2. Keep the HP pools the same but increase the gold / exp / magic find by a substantial amount.

3. Keep the HP pools the same but introduce higher minimum stats on items for the upper MP levels. This will let everyone get the drop but have much better quality items in the higher levels (since it takes much more time).

4. Introduce an item(s) in higher MP levels that let you continuously re-roll legendaries.

PS You guys should really consider giving extra magic find / gold find / exp per player added into the squad. On MP10 it takes a ridiculous amount of time to kill things with 4 players so getting a nice chunk of bonuses from the MP level on top of per player in squad will definitely make it feel much more desirable to have players in squad. If you goal is to promote co-op you really need to take a hard look at more bonuses for more players in squad.
Edited by Traz#1392 on 11/14/2012 7:42 PM PST
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

Options to Improve Monster Power:

1) Reduce Health scaling factor. MP9 is about where MP10 should be in terms of monster health

2) Make average quality drops in each monster power level more commensurate with expected player gear quality. The possibility of getting the best item should be available on all Monster Power levels, however, the possibility of getting a horrible item should diminish as Monster Power rises. Players would not be forced to play higher MP levels because they get faster kill rate on lower MP, thus more chances at a good item. But playing higher MP is still more rewarding because you get less junk and typical drops are more commensurate with your gear level.

This could be a replacement for the +MF/+GF scaling currently given, since those factors scale negatively in relation to higher player Paragon Level (Paragon gives more base MF/GF so the bonus from MP is less significant) and also higher quality player gear (same reason). Since you would expect that higher geared and higher Paragon players are going for the higher MP levels, having a benefit which is undercut by just simply being higher Paragon / higher geared, doesn't make any sense. You get the same benefit you would have gotten for increasing MP level merely from the fact that you got to the point where you could do that MP level, without actually having to do it! The incentive, as it is currently designed, is backwards.
Edited by Polaris#1903 on 11/14/2012 7:32 PM PST
A person who is a very high paragon who plays at MP 10 should without question be getting the very best drops, always rolling high stats, multiple affixes, sockets, crit damage-ias-CC ext. All legendarys should roll their "protected" stats without question, maybe 80% of the time.

This is whats wrong with the MP system. When its coupled with a capped MF player it doesnt deliver anything more then the same old loot that basically says efff you thanks for playing.

The carrot on a stick isnt delivering anymore. People want a tangible reward for their time spent. Fix that and the game will be better.

Diablo walks the earth would be sweet too.
Edited by Zaino#1809 on 11/14/2012 7:34 PM PST
Imo the MP system is great. Today 2h full a3 run in group of 3 and I got 10 legs (3 were sets), buddy got 9 and other buddy got 8, we dropped em´ all to our flags ^^

Challenge/reward ratio is very well made, I love the bonus item.

I wouldn´t change anything.
11/13/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Alcovitch
Monster Power 10 for example will NEVER be a good place to farm.

Sorry... incorrect. The math has been done, and assuming you can do any MP lvl as fast as any other, the most efficient is MP10.

If however, you are not capable of farming all MPs equally as fast, then MP0 is best.

If however, you are farming to earn money, it's better to create a video game and set up your OWN rmah, rather than wait for suckers to buy your stuff off of somebody else's rmah. Jus' saying.
Edited by OrcaOrcinus#1757 on 11/14/2012 7:37 PM PST
I don't think people understood the blue post.

There is a reason why it "seems" like the higher MP levels don't seem to scale in terms of reward.

It is because they didn't want to create a situation where people felt that they HAD to play at mp10.

Alot of people posting in here are basically asking for changes that would cause players to feel obligated to play at higher MP levels than they might be comfortable at. However, the current state of MP as is, has players playing at levels that are appropriate to their gear.

MP is there for the sake of a challenge and gives some form of reward for doing the higher levels. MP is not there to make grinding more efficient.
Monster power is broken imo. Mobs health too high and damage too low

Your'e a barb, your argument is invalid.
^and the noobs crying again because they can't get into mp3++......old inferno all over again
KyKaH: You do not get more loot on higher MPs. What you get is higher Magic Find which leads to more items with magical properties (Magical, blue; Rare, yellow; Legendary, orange; Set, green). The number of items that drop doesn't change though. You just end up with less white items, on average, at higher MPs (and same for less blues, etc.).

I run MP6 very efficiently. MP5 is simply too easy and MP7 is too difficult. I can kill things in MP6 fast enough that the benefits (increased key drop, increased magic find and experience) outweigh the speed that I could kill things in MP5.
Barb....why I'm not surprised...
I disagree with the last few posts, scaling item quality with mp will just make it impossible for new players to get ahead. (Especially with an inflating AH)

What needs to happen is a buff to the amount of loot that drops, giving more reward per time spent on mobs.

What im saying is that if MF is working then it needs to work. A fully capped player with a MP10 bonus should be finding the very best items very frequently.

If that is not the case, then screw RNG it is poor design, old and there is a better method to reward people's time.
I don't think people understood the blue post.

There is a reason why it "seems" like the higher MP levels don't seem to scale in terms of reward.

It is because they didn't want to create a situation where people felt that they HAD to play at mp10.

Alot of people posting in here are basically asking for changes that would cause players to feel obligated to play at higher MP levels than they might be comfortable at. However, the current state of MP as is, has players playing at levels that are appropriate to their gear.

MP is there for the sake of a challenge and gives some form of reward for doing the higher levels. MP is not there to make grinding more efficient.

So your translation of the blue post was "hey guys we spent all this time developing this completely massive monster system but we don't want you to really ever use it."

Edited by Traz#1392 on 11/14/2012 7:51 PM PST
View profile

The carrot on a stick isnt delivering anymore. People want a tangible reward for their time spent. Fix that and the game will be better.

Diablo walks the earth would be sweet too.

Agree with you and...the answer is AH, Once you put an affort to the game . It rewards you in terms of " Gold" even you are a bad luck people but you can buy your upgrade from AH .

What the Mp lv missing is "level" of reward....I play in Mp6 and Mp7 collect 200K gold per hours with lot of rare items and may be 2 legandarys. I test Mp3 this 3 day ...sady 300K+ gold per hours....because i kill faster.....still 2 legendary....!? more challenge and more rewards? sorry i dont get it....
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 11/14/2012 7:52 PM PST
Problem is that you can get the same quality of gear by using magic find gear with horrible stats by farming MP0.
I wasnt getting any decent returns on my farming until I started doing MP0 with MF gear, speed is king.
11/14/2012 07:39 PMPosted by DrDeathXII
I disagree with the last few posts, scaling item quality with mp will just make it impossible for new players to get ahead. (Especially with an inflating AH)

You're going to need to explain that. I don't see how what you said has any relation to the proposed change that you are against.

Having less junk items in higher MP levels hurts players who are in lower MP levels.... how? Your assertion just blows my mind because it makes no sense whatsoever.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]