Diablo® III

I'm sad about MP now

11/14/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Polaris
I disagree with the last few posts, scaling item quality with mp will just make it impossible for new players to get ahead. (Especially with an inflating AH)

inflating? prices are dropping fast and that's why people whine about having 99.999% crap dropping...
most of my gear was picked up for unde500k from AH -where 4 items are VENDOR PRICE from AH... yet i can roll at mp7, I can even do mp10 but takes too long

Nerf the drop rates for mp0... mp0 feels like NM- so make it drop NM crap lol
11/14/2012 07:46 PMPosted by igniteice
KyKaH: You do not get more loot on higher MPs.

Incorrect. At MP10, when a drop is forthcoming, you get more guaranteed, than if it was not MP10.

Why can't people read up on this stuff before commenting? Sigh.
11/14/2012 07:57 PMPosted by OrcaOrcinus
KyKaH: You do not get more loot on higher MPs.

Incorrect. At MP10, when a drop is forthcoming, you get more guaranteed, than if it was not MP10.

Why can't people read up on this stuff before commenting? Sigh.

MP10 and only MP10 and we just went over how many people really try and "farm it." Probably less then 1% of the d3 population can really say they can farm it and be even semi-efficient about it. The rest of the MP levels it's just a RGN thing like the rest of the game.
IMO, monster power turned out just right. If I want a challenge or to get keys, I play at the highest MP I can, which is 5. If I want to feel indestructible and get experience fast, I hit up MP 0 and Archon everything to death. Bumping up to MP 1 or 2 is just about right for farming.

Seems to me like its doing its job of being an optional difficulty setting that gives the player more options in how to play.
A person who is a very high paragon who plays at MP 10 should without question be getting the very best drops, always rolling high stats, multiple affixes, sockets, crit damage-ias-CC ext. All legendarys should roll their "protected" stats without question, maybe 80% of the time.

This is whats wrong with the MP system. When its coupled with a capped MF player it doesnt deliver anything more then the same old loot that basically says efff you thanks for playing.

The carrot on a stick isnt delivering anymore. People want a tangible reward for their time spent. Fix that and the game will be better.

Diablo walks the earth would be sweet too.

This opinion would make me instantly quit the game and is extremely elitist. I'm against the entire magic find system in general, I'd be much happier if a raw 60 got the best items just as often as someone who has played for 5 years by pure drop rate.
Blizzard, please do not revamp the MP system such that the levels scales with the rewards. If godlike items can only be gain at MP10, there will be many complains in the forum calling it to be nerf again because 90% of the players will not be able to farm at that level. The vicious cycle of hardcore vs casual, RMAH, credit cards weilders, cries for nerf like pre 1.04, blizz bashing will just happen once more.
Blizzard had revamped the system post 1.04. Infero is the last stage to be played. MP levels are just minor tweaks and a small bonus challenge. Anything more is just pvp.
A person who is a very high paragon who plays at MP 10 should without question be getting the very best drops, always rolling high stats, multiple affixes, sockets, crit damage-ias-CC ext. All legendarys should roll their "protected" stats without question, maybe 80% of the time.

This is whats wrong with the MP system. When its coupled with a capped MF player it doesnt deliver anything more then the same old loot that basically says efff you thanks for playing.

The carrot on a stick isnt delivering anymore. People want a tangible reward for their time spent. Fix that and the game will be better.

This opinion would make me instantly quit the game and is extremely elitist. I'm against the entire magic find system in general, I'd be much happier if a raw 60 got the best items just as often as someone who has played for 5 years by pure drop rate.

You're against a person working their butt off to get to paragon level 100 and getting the best gear? It's painfully obvious if they play that much they should also have some of the best gear.... how's that their fault? They put more money / time into the game they should get more out of it.
I am disgusted by Paragon (grinding exp is never my cup of tea) as a whole but if they plan MP10 to be challenging, they shouldn't have reduce the damage in the previous patch.

Stupidity.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 11/14/2012 8:29 PM PST
The goal of Monster Power is to give players the ability to scale up how challenging enemies are in each difficulty and, in return, get some pretty cool bonuses to adventure stats as well as the opportunity to earn bonus items. Different players have different play styles, though, so we added 10 power settings so you could decide what challenge level is best for you. For some, MP5 might be best. For others, MP1 or MP2 feels right. If you’ve got a lot of supporting gear, maybe MP7 or MP8 is your so-called “sweet spot.”

What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards. This is one of reasons that we didn’t add in Achievements for Monster Power, too. We wanted the primary motivation to be the challenge and finding a level that you enjoy. I gather from your post that you feel the bonuses given for challenging yourself aren’t really worth the effort, but my question is what would you change about it? (Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

The thing is, this game is 99% gear driven. Players (even the top 1 percenters) farm mp 0-3 because the incentives aren't great enough to farm higher MP levels, only for keys and organs. You can play it for the challenge but you won't be rewarded. There needs to be MP level based rewards that encourage people to farm higher MP levels, maybe create items that are only obtainable by playing MP levels, higher the MP the greater the drop rate.

Suggestion: Create a new tier of items only dropped in MP. Legendaries ain't legendary anymore, they are the new yellows. Blizzard you need to look after your most hardcore players also. If I had it my way, make them account bound too.

That "sweet spot" is always going to be mp 0-3 because no one cares about a challenge, everyone wants legendaries to rain (not to mention the speed in obtaining exp).
Highest Monster Density sounds like a really awesome idea at higher MP! Something like +5-7% more monster density for each MP level. That way you also get better chance for more items (since more monsters)
(Keeping in mind that we don’t want to force players into the higher MP levels.)

You realize the problem that more and more people are finding with MP is just the opposite. You'd rather not force people to do high MP, but you're just forcing them to do low MP levels to be efficient in every aspect.

How would I fix it? I don't know the only thing coming to mind would be increasing the positives(xp/mf/gf) of higher MP levels

Pretty much is the point entirely here Grimiku.

I would personally like to crank up the MP to a point where the game is relatively non-steamroll mode but the simple fact is I'm screwing myself over. The best rewards, even for the most geared people, is found doing lower MP instead of a higher MP, it just doesn't make any sense people are forced to do a lower MP if they want the best rewards (fastest legendarys, fastest xp) etc..

imo monster power is a failure for this reason

exp gain % and mf/gf % maybe even something new needs to be added to higher MP, I Right now people are content with whatever gear they have cause they can already roll MP 0 act 3 for the fastest mf/exp runs and getting better gear to do higher MP isn't going to really benefit them anymore.
Edited by Strifen#1543 on 11/14/2012 8:42 PM PST

Blizzard design MP system is to give players option to play, farm, or challenge at a level they CHOOSE. Rewards are not scaled because there will be issues like pre 1.04 when majority of the players will complain that levels are too hard. Either way, blizzard will get hammered from both hardcore and causals. There is no more carrot on a stick anymore. We are already at inferno end game. MP and uber bosses rewards are here.
I don't agree to the demands for better rewards at MP10. If i am blizzard, i will just remove MP0 to MP10 and everyone will play at the same level. But then, i will still be hammered either way. Poor Blizzard.
Edited by lawong78#1595 on 11/14/2012 8:42 PM PST
I think XP should curve a bit sharper as you go up in MP so that you can play at a challenging level without worrying you're being so far less efficient. With how much more sharply mob health scales up per MP, I think there's room for XP to scale a little sharper than it is now.

I mean at MP1 you can blitz through elites in a couple seconds, where at high MP levels it could be several minutes for the same elite pack. So I think once you reach your MP goal one time there's not enough motivation to spend that much time on it again. Getting better gear for a very high MP will still just make it more efficient at low MP.
I play mp3s while rocking teh mp5 in counterstrike.
Look around at every "how much XP/hour can you farm?" thread. Every one of them is on MP0. That should hopefully tell you right there that the rewards just aren't high enough.

I'd like to just see the increased MP levels stay about the same in terms of efficiency. Even players with 200k unbuffed DPS still don't farm higher than MP1 or 2 unless going for keys.

My suggestion: figure out which MP someone in the top 10% of gear would begin to slow down, then scale experience gain directly with monster health gain for all MP after that.

Also, change the bonus item to a high roll. So if you kill something on MP10 and it drops a rare, one of the affixes of that rare is guaranteed to be very high. It may still be something stupid like a perfect roll on strength for a hand crossbow, but it's still there.
I am disgusted by Paragon (grinding exp is never my cup of tea) as a whole but if they plan MP10 to be challenging, they shouldn't have reduce the damage in the previous patch.Stupidity.exactly !! if blizzard claims that they invented MP10 to be challenging then why are people like myself already facerolling it???

Not everyone has an Op barb with rmah gear :/
So your translation of the blue post was "hey guys we spent all this time developing this completely massive monster system but we don't want you to really ever use it."....

No, apparently thats how you translated it.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but MP comes in 10 different levels.

Just because some players can't farm the higher MP efficiently, it doesn't mean they shouldn't use MP at all. It just means that they should lower that MP until they hit a point that they are happy with.

When players are at MP1, they're using the Monster Power level. Should be self evident but it seems like it needed to be pointed out.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]