Diablo® III

Blizzard, please stop deliberate disconnects.

(Locked)

This is so true.

Blizzard, you forgot that most players do not play on the toilet seat.
blizzard has idiotic premises that i for one didnt take the time to read in their toa

this is just another one of their stupid demands of us.

i was beginning to think it was only me.

i now hate blizzard.

their customer support is a complete joke!
Personally, I think a toilet seat edition would be a mighty fine addition to the Blizzard pedigree!

But for now I'll settle for a 60-minute timeout, or no timeout, before Blizzard logs us out of our single-player game.
The only problem I see is people want to continue to consume resources when not playing for extended periods of time.
11/18/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Dralix
The only problem I see is people want to continue to consume resources when not playing for extended periods of time.

You didn't read the entire thread before posting, did you.
11/19/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Gibbousmoon

Yes, I did. If you're going to be idle for an extended period of time, then you're going to be disconnected to free up resources for people who are actually playing. I don't see the problem there.
Yep. At first, I didn't know D3 would be disconnected after 30 min so I just put my PC for a while and did my personnel stuff. After I came back, BOOM, DISCONNECT....... :(

Blizzard, either you extend the 'deliberately disconnected' time to 1-2hrs or give us the OFFLINE OPTION.
Leave the 30min disc if its that big a deal but let us resume the game where we left off like we can in public games keeping our stacks and all.
unfortunatly this could be abused buy ppl staying afk in areas that net them exp and item drops with incedental kills such as spider spawning towers in some of the dungions with high levels of thorns. though it is abused anyway in order to do it they have to use a bot or script wich could be potentialy caught and bannable where as a simple afk would never be bannable and therefor no way to stop players from abuseing it. also setting a afk time limit reduces server load alowing a better play experience for other players who are not actualy doing something else. for the most part u can resume games near where u left off the only thing u cannot save is nv stacks and haveing everyone constantly logged in so they can maintain stacks would be irritating on lag im sure. u use the arguement that u need to make supper for kids ect but let not pretend u wouldnt stay logged in all dam day when u went to work or away for the weekend jst so u wouldnt have to regain stacks.
it's not really an issue. If you are really 'playing' then you're not stopping for more than 30 minutes. If you really have to do something that's longer than that and can't be bothered to check back every 20 mins or so to click to restart the timer than you're not 'playing' and should not be using bandwith that you're not really using, just wasting.
It takes less than 5 min to get a 5 stack back.
11/14/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Kaner
I think they boot you after extended periods of inactivity because the server doesn't have unlimited resources and bandwidth to keep space open for your paused game while you're up flogging your dog or whatever it is you need to do for a half-hour in the middle of a gaming session.

For some reason, that made me literally burst out laughing.

This
11/14/2012 06:31 AMPosted by vexorian
I mean, really /thread.

I agree with the op, single player should have pause, and not DC you for inactivity. If blizzard was so retarded to make online only, its their mandate to keep you on and to keep your valor on if your not on, ie a pause mode.
This is, perhaps, the worst bit of QQ to be posted this morning.
anyone try going to town stash and opening? Worked on D2, have not tried in D3.

These games will always have disconnect problems. In d2 I remember getting kicked all the time due to ip conflict. We had 3 people legit on 1 internet connection. That got annoying, and it was a 1-3 hour kick.
This is so true.

Blizzard, you forgot that most players do not play on the toilet seat.

They probably just assumed most players don't sit on the toilet for 30 minutes at a time.
Personally, I think a toilet seat edition would be a mighty fine addition to the Blizzard pedigree!

Blizzard: Game of Thrones Edition
No you are the worst QQ... Games need to be able to be played the right way, not the blizzard way. they did everything wrong when making this game.
yeah i agree with this... i hate having to go through a map 3 times and each time completly searching each area, just cause i gotta go do in real life stuff...
11/19/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Dralix

Yes, I did. If you're going to be idle for an extended period of time, then you're going to be disconnected to free up resources for people who are actually playing. I don't see the problem there.

Wanna know why he is taking up resources? Its because blizz forced him to when they FORCED him to play online. Get your head out of the sand and dont be such a fanboi/troll.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]