Diablo® III

Blizzard, please stop deliberate disconnects.

(Locked)

lol get over it. if you can't schedule your life around your game time it is not Blizzards fault.

Why have a pause button in the first place if you are gonna put a limit for how long it works?
Sorry but it's just a dumb and frustrating system.
i agree these new discconect feature is disgusting and should be removed it serves no purpose but to inconvenience us
12/02/2012 02:37 PMPosted by DeadRu
lol a whole wall of drivel for nothing. If Blizzard detects you are afk then they should dump you. Why tie up resources when your not even playing.

lol another moronic view, call back when yo reach the age of reason, I THINK THAT IS 8 YEARS OLD. You people are asking them to burn server resources around your rl schedule. It's a game resources are there for players, when you go afk you are not playing. Grow up for god's sake.

Yet two more posters ignoring the three main points that were brought up MULTIPLE times in this thread:

1. It was Blizzard's choice to make single-player gameplay online-only.
2. Blactivision representatives brag extensively to their shareholders about the buttloads of cash they made and are making off of us D3 players, suggesting that yes, they do, indeed, have the resources necessary to properly support online single-player without punishing people for not babysitting their computers.
3. #2 may be a moot point entirely, given that the resources necessary for a keep-alive state are so damn low in the first place.

The heck is wrong with you people? Let me give you a big

HINT: Read through the thread before posting, and people are much more likely to take seriously anything you have to say.
Jay Wilson and his royal family of Bli$$zard decide how you play your game and your life.

( .I. )

I personally find no reasons why they should disconnect anyone when the person is pausing or away from keyboard.

It's pretty intrusive actually. They tell us how best fun is, and now they tell us how our time should be spent.
It is funny how if someone plays game for 24 hours a day Blizzard does nothing, but when you go grab something to eat they dissconnect you.

Anoother way of promoting botters.
Jay Wilson and his royal family of Bli$$zard decide how you play your game and your life.

( .I. )

I personally find no reasons why they should disconnect anyone when the person is pausing or away from keyboard.

It's pretty intrusive actually. They tell us how best fun is, and now they tell us how our time should be spent.

They tell you how the game is, because they are the game owners and designers, that's what they get paid for. They don't tell you how to live your life, that's on you.

If you're going afk for more than half an hour, log out. It's not complicated.

( .I. )

They tell you how the game is, because they are the game owners and designers, that's what they get paid for. They don't tell you how to live your life, that's on you.

If you're going afk for more than half an hour, log out. It's not complicated.

You don't seem to get it isn't it? How i decide how i handle the game outside, has nothing to do with anyone. Not even you.

You may have a situation that might need your attention, and at the same time you have a progress in game which you don't wish to end. Example, having stacks.

Do think more broadly before you try to sound like a judge of everyone's life. Yea?

Being the owners of the game doesn't mean one should tolerate how other's impose on you bad design, which you don't find it fun. Suggestion made, ignored together with their royal behaviour doesn't really make them very endearing.

The sad part is, with dumb luck, they happen to handle a game - which was not created by the current development team - that was part of people's memories. That's why people react,respond and suggest. They earnest wishes for the best while making their efforts to feedback the irks and quirks of the game.

What you are saying is " like it or leave it "

That certainly leave a "huge" room for improvements. Blah!

You follow everything someone told you or ask you to do? Never ever form your own option about something or someone? You lack expression?

I guess not.

Keep your words to yourself next time round.

It's pretty tiring to see how people decide how others want to comment. Just reply to the OP's comments. If you disagree with what i said. So be it, be respectful, and don't tell me how you think, or how i think.
Edited by Dutchmilk#6229 on 12/3/2012 6:45 AM PST
@LordCaric

Thanks for the info! If what you say is true about server resources not being taxed by a more reasonable timeout, then our objection is even further underscored.

My original point was that, even if it requires more server resources (and money), of course they should do it, because we paid for it. Look at http://investor.activision.com/ to see them bragging about their gigantic profits this quarter.

It's all about context.

After all the negative publicity about online-only single-player games, many of us took a leap of faith in Blizzard and bought the game anyway.

Blizzard responding to that faith by kicking us out of our own single-player gaming session (at all, let alone after such a tiny idle period) is a

slap

in

the

face.

Some part of the game world is generated on the server, so leaving the connection up requires more than just a periodic ping... Server resources are dedicated to your game instance. Also, I have noticed that if you pause the game, it times out quicker than just portaling to town and not doing anything. Once in town all you have to do is move your char once in a while. Losing NV stacks is a drag though; the timeout there could certainly be longer.

I use two monitors so it is trivial to accomplish other tasks requiring computer access while the game client is running. If you don't have two monitors switch to window mode and minimize the client while you work.

Although I wouldn't mind having a longer timeout, it certainly isn't a showstopper (for me at least).
I agree with OP. Disconnections are extremely frustrating.

My situation:

Have a two year old at home. So we put him to sleep and then I look forward to a couple of hours of fun playing D3. Half an hour later my kid wakes up screaming and I have to run to the bedroom. sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes to put him back to sleep.

And when I come back tip toeing back to my PC...guess what? Disconnected! Damn!

i go to sleep. i can't afford to start fresh with the NV stack.

Damn. Again.
12/02/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Gibbousmoon

lol another moronic view, call back when yo reach the age of reason, I THINK THAT IS 8 YEARS OLD. You people are asking them to burn server resources around your rl schedule. It's a game resources are there for players, when you go afk you are not playing. Grow up for god's sake.

Yet two more posters ignoring the three main points that were brought up MULTIPLE times in this thread:

1. It was Blizzard's choice to make single-player gameplay online-only.
2. Blactivision representatives brag extensively to their shareholders about the buttloads of cash they made and are making off of us D3 players, suggesting that yes, they do, indeed, have the resources necessary to properly support online single-player without punishing people for not babysitting their computers.
3. #2 may be a moot point entirely, given that the resources necessary for a keep-alive state are so damn low in the first place.

The heck is wrong with you people? Let me give you a big

HINT: Read through the thread before posting, and people are much more likely to take seriously anything you have to say.

It doesn't matter if blizzard made the game online only, the game was built for online and multiplayer play. Don't sit here and say you would be 100% on diablo 3 singleplayer ALONE with no auction house.
In my opinion, blizzard has justified reasons and I agree with them completely.
What I like is all this comment about pause. There is no pause button people. LOL

Now, the game happens to pause if you are single player mode and you hit the escape yes.

I for one am GLAD they have the auto disconnect, if you are AFK from the game! This is especially good for multiplayer games, in case you have people that don't know how to use kick.

Since this isn't a locally played game (IE using THEIR servers) why should they tie up resources just for you, because you are lazy, whiny and don't want to lose your precious stacks that take a whole 5-10 minutes to replenish, if you know how? I mean really.

I'm sorry, but this whole bit of entitled self important know-it-alls in these forums lately are pissing me off.

You don't see me whining on here about things. Sure I have had some points that I didn't agree with, but I don't cry about them. Its a game.

I can't see this particular feature changing, simple as that. It works as intended.
it takes u 10 minutes to get 5 NV... then u decided u have a life and go afk for 2 hours in a game which u pause while being online.. after that u come back and expect that u still have the 5 NV while being ONLINE...

how abt this.. its not a DVD player which is subjected to ur whim.. Its not a camera which u can pause and say i got to take the next picture tomorrow when the sun setting is right..

remember u are online in a game where assuming 100k people exist at the same time and u decided to take a walk with ur mistress and the entire server must wait for u??? U should even be thankful that they let u pause ur stupid game while u go take a smoke break...

Now if ur lame arguement is that u never wanted it to be online, READ BEFORE U BUY!!

and 1 final thing, most of the defensive action they took was against botting, go goggle it.. there are certain steps and waypoint in game thats prevent botting, although not totally but its an effort rather than u coming and whining abt ur game being STOP as a result of U!!
Edited by Easter#1808 on 12/3/2012 9:37 AM PST
I dont have this problem myself since i am single and unmarried without a kid and i yet still can see the problem these people having.

I smh at the people who are even arguing against this. Probably the same losers who play 24 hours a day telling other people to get better at a game which has no skill barrier other than being a time sink.

Yet I have 3 kids, I work, and do many things throughout the day and you don't see me going pro for it. As I said, its a game.

I get on and play often around an hour or 2 tops, during the week if there is time, and I might get 3 hours in total during the weekends, but that is because I am spending time with my kids, family, etc. Sorry I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around a pause feature.
I dont have this problem myself since i am single and unmarried without a kid and i yet still can see the problem these people having.

I smh at the people who are even arguing against this. Probably the same losers who play 24 hours a day telling other people to get better at a game which has no skill barrier other than being a time sink.

Yet I have 3 kids, I work, and do many things throughout the day and you don't see me going pro for it. As I said, its a game.

I get on and play often around an hour or 2 tops, during the week if there is time, and I might get 3 hours in total during the weekends, but that is because I am spending time with my kids, family, etc. Sorry I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around a pause feature.

exactly OP!!

just get a game where u dun have to revolve spending ur life around it. im glad u have a life and a family and pls dont waste ur precious hours on a game that takes away the enjoyment in life u have.

just relax. u gain more from ur kid's laughter than that stupid diablo, u'll have more fun kissing ur family than staring for legend....

its just a game, dont be too serious about it, u win some in life, u lose some. just be happy that it all went well.
They need to free up the resources for all of the bots that are fattening up their RMAH for them.

But they should allow us to pick right back up from where we were with the stacks if they are going to kick us.

But they should allow us to pick right back up from where we were with the stacks if they are going to kick us.

Bah

Why? I would rather work up getting the NV again, for several reasons:

I kill more elites and practice more on how to defeat them faster.
I pick up more gold.
I pick up more items. Oh wow, I connected to a different host server and got a legendary this time! Yippie!

Then I can go after a keywarden/boss/whatever with my 5 stacks again! Yay. And in most cases I can be back up to 5 stacks within 10 minutes, maybe 15, depending on the Act. I know A1 is a bit of a pain sometimes to get 5 stacks fast, but it can be done.

Think about that. heheh
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]